I am heading to Spain in just a few weeks and am trying to establish where I am spending my month in Spain.
After reading endless blogs, posts and reviews here is what I think I would enjoy... nothing is set in stone so would appreciate any feedback –particularly around time in Seville/Cadiz/Jerez and also how do I best make a day trip to Gibraltor from one of those locations. I intend on using a tour group for 8 days to visit Toledo/Cordoba/Granada/Ronda/ending in Seville to make this easier and seamless for the start of my trip.
I love the beach, wine, mountains/landscapes and I’m a huge fan of architecture. I also like to relax, hence my long stays in Cadiz (or similar) and Barcelona.
Trip is 30days/29nights in total - flying in and out of Barcelona for the whole of September.
Day 1 – Early morning international arrival into Barcelona - AVE train to Madrid
Day 2 - Madrid (join tour group in afternoon) (overnight in Madrid)
Day 3 - Toledo (overnight stay in Madrid)
Day 4 - Cordoba (overnight stay in Cordoba)
Day 5/6 - Granada (2 nights in Granada)
Day 7 - Ronda (overnight stay in Ronda)
Day 8 - Seville (overnight stay in Seville)
TRAVELLING SOLO (depart tour group mid-morning of Day 9)
Day 9/10/11 - Seville (3 nights in Seville) – to include day trip to Gibraltor from here?
Day 12/13/14/15/16/17 – Train (or bus?) to Cadiz (6 nights in Cadiz) –
: Include time in Jerez (maybe overnight?) Sherry tour/dancing horse
: Include trip to National Park of Donana
: Trip to Conil?
: Include day trip to Gibraltar from here?
Day 18/19/20 – Train to Madrid (3 nights in Madrid) – to include day trip to Avila and Sergovia
Day 21 – Train to Barcelona (9 nights in Barcelona)
Day 22 – 29 Barcelona –
: Include La Merce Festival 19th – 24th
: Include day trip to Tarragona and Stiges
: Include trip to Girona, Figueres, Cadeques
: Include visit to Montserrat
: Include multiday tour to Pyrenees Mountains?
Day 30 – Depart from Barcelona mid AM on international flight
Look forward to hearing people's feedback.
Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Short notice for input needed for Munich, Vienna, Prague and Berlin
- 2 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 3 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 4 Spain traffic tickets
- 5 Reputable Tours
- 6 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 7 Easter Itinerary Advice, Rome, Parma, Venice, Stresa, Grindelwald
- 8 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 9 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 10 Southern Spain
- 11 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 12 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 13 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 14 Best Location to Stay in Barcelona
- 15 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 16 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 17 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???
- 18 Sweet Home Triana: Spring Break in Seville's left bank
- 19 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 20 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 21 Portugal Trip
- 22 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 23 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 24 Euro Trivia quiz #11 - Know Your Bordering Countries?
- 25 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany