I am heading to Spain in just a few weeks and am trying to establish where I am spending my month in Spain.
After reading endless blogs, posts and reviews here is what I think I would enjoy... nothing is set in stone so would appreciate any feedback –particularly around time in Seville/Cadiz/Jerez and also how do I best make a day trip to Gibraltor from one of those locations. I intend on using a tour group for 8 days to visit Toledo/Cordoba/Granada/Ronda/ending in Seville to make this easier and seamless for the start of my trip.
I love the beach, wine, mountains/landscapes and I’m a huge fan of architecture. I also like to relax, hence my long stays in Cadiz (or similar) and Barcelona.
Trip is 30days/29nights in total - flying in and out of Barcelona for the whole of September.
Day 1 – Early morning international arrival into Barcelona - AVE train to Madrid
Day 2 - Madrid (join tour group in afternoon) (overnight in Madrid)
Day 3 - Toledo (overnight stay in Madrid)
Day 4 - Cordoba (overnight stay in Cordoba)
Day 5/6 - Granada (2 nights in Granada)
Day 7 - Ronda (overnight stay in Ronda)
Day 8 - Seville (overnight stay in Seville)
TRAVELLING SOLO (depart tour group mid-morning of Day 9)
Day 9/10/11 - Seville (3 nights in Seville) – to include day trip to Gibraltor from here?
Day 12/13/14/15/16/17 – Train (or bus?) to Cadiz (6 nights in Cadiz) –
: Include time in Jerez (maybe overnight?) Sherry tour/dancing horse
: Include trip to National Park of Donana
: Trip to Conil?
: Include day trip to Gibraltar from here?
Day 18/19/20 – Train to Madrid (3 nights in Madrid) – to include day trip to Avila and Sergovia
Day 21 – Train to Barcelona (9 nights in Barcelona)
Day 22 – 29 Barcelona –
: Include La Merce Festival 19th – 24th
: Include day trip to Tarragona and Stiges
: Include trip to Girona, Figueres, Cadeques
: Include visit to Montserrat
: Include multiday tour to Pyrenees Mountains?
Day 30 – Depart from Barcelona mid AM on international flight
Look forward to hearing people's feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 2 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 3 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 4 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 5 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 6 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 7 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 8 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 11 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 12 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 13 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 14 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 15 Bruges
- 16 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 17 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 18 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 19 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 20 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 21 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 22 Planning A trip
- 23 A week in the Occitanie
- 24 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 25 Paris Neighborhood Help