Just returned from a Dalmatian cruise which included 3 days in Kotor. The bay and fjord are breathtaking. I've noticed some posters concerned about choosing Budva over Perast and/or Kotor if their time is limited. Budva is a resort/marina town with lots to do (and shopping) for young sun-lovers. Perast is a pretty and authentic old village with fantastic views. The famous little islands are right offshore there. Kotor is an old walled city, much smaller than Dubrovnik but feels similar in that the entire place is made of very old stonework, having been restored after the massive earthquake in'79, and is a World Heritage site, well worth spending some time there. Tip: hire a taxi at the dock to take you up the "Ladders" road to the top of the mountain behind Kotor. You will have airplane like views of the entire fjord and bay extending out to the Adriatic Sea.
- 1 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 2 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 3 Train from Civitavecchia port to Rome
- 4 A chacun son goût
- 5 Train from Dresden to Nueburg DO in July
- 6 Daytrip from Waterford to Kilkenny
- 7 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 8 Savona - San Remo - where to spend the night?
- 9 portugal
- 10 12 days, 3 couples, one week in London Sept 2013
- 11 Cell Phone for Italy travel
- 12 I Need To Vent!
- 13 Italy-Locarno or Stresa
- 14 6.5 hour layover in Lisbon, Portugal
- 15 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 16 Zurich to Montreux to Paris round trip - drive or train??
- 17 Venice experts--the apartment in Castello or the one in Canareggio
- 18 2 weeks in Copenhagen-Helsinki-Stockholm
- 19 Brive - drop off point for Avis
- 20 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 21 Seville Cordoba and Grananda
- 22 Good Base for Costa Brava Spain
- 23 Help with itenerary
- 24 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 25 Brown Bear sites Slovenia