We are trying to plan an anniversary trip for mid-September for 7 to 10 days which is our only open month based on business conflicts. We've traveled extensively and like to be active. Right now if either destination works, we would like to have the option to bike, raft or kayak, hike, wine taste and tour. We might not do all activities but we do not sit still well other than evenings to relax over dinner, cocktails and wine. Hoping to choose some nice accomodations for this special trip as well. Which of these countries would be your choice, what are must-sees in the way of nature & beauty, and hotel suggestions. We prefer to travel independently and would also like to include Dubrovnik in our plans (if timing works). Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.
Montenegro or Croatia for Beauty, Activities, Romance?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 2 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 3 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 4 floods in Andalucia
- 5 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 6 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 7 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 8 Walking through Hyde park with luggage on a Sat morning?
- 9 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 10 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 11 Central Europe itinerary
- 12 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 13 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 14 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 15 Arriving in Prague
- 16 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 17 4 Months in Europe
- 18 2 Days in Rome
- 19 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 20 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 21 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 22 Tipping in the UK
- 23 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 24 2 weeks in Spain
- 25 Going to Paris? Be yourself