We are trying to plan an anniversary trip for mid-September for 7 to 10 days which is our only open month based on business conflicts. We've traveled extensively and like to be active. Right now if either destination works, we would like to have the option to bike, raft or kayak, hike, wine taste and tour. We might not do all activities but we do not sit still well other than evenings to relax over dinner, cocktails and wine. Hoping to choose some nice accomodations for this special trip as well. Which of these countries would be your choice, what are must-sees in the way of nature & beauty, and hotel suggestions. We prefer to travel independently and would also like to include Dubrovnik in our plans (if timing works). Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.
Montenegro or Croatia for Beauty, Activities, Romance?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid and London
- 2 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 3 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 4 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 5 Unique Venice Activity
- 6 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 7 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 8 Chip but no PIN
- 9 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 10 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 11 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 12 Excursions from Dubrovnik--wine/olive oil tasting, sailing/boat tours
- 13 car rental advice in Portugal
- 14 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 15 What to wear
- 16 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 17 Small group for Colosseum
- 18 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 19 Lofoten ferry
- 20 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 21 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 22 Duoro river cruises
- 23 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 24 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 25 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich