We are spending 4 nights at the hostel in Budva the first week in September, but we've heard so many mixed reveiws of coastal Montenegro that we wonder if we should add more time to Southern Dalmatia instead...maybe one of the islands. In particular we plan to spend our time doing the following:
1. Budva, walk to Stevi Stefan and go to the beach.
2. Kotor, hike up to the Fortress
3. Stari Bar and perhaps Perast if time.
4. Free day: try to find a tour to Ostrog, or perhaps Ulcinj or Herceg Novi
We specifically want to spend some time at the beach between sights and hikes.
What have your experiences with Montenegro's beaches and physical beauty been?
Any safey concerns? We read that Montenegro's landmine status was "unknown". We plan to hike up to the Fortress at Kotor and hike around Stari Bar.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece Experts
- 2 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 3 Stonehenge and Bath
- 4 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 5 Greece itinerary ideas
- 6 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 7 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 8 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 9 Currency and credit cards in Scandinavia
- 10 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 11 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 12 Rome train to Positano
- 13 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 14 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 15 Car rental in Paris
- 16 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 17 France to stop making foie grois
- 18 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 19 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 20 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 21 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 22 Road Maps of Ireland
- 23 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 24 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 25 A new travel app for Poland
Montenegro - Beautiful? Clean Beaches? Whats your experience been?