We are spending 4 nights at the hostel in Budva the first week in September, but we've heard so many mixed reveiws of coastal Montenegro that we wonder if we should add more time to Southern Dalmatia instead...maybe one of the islands. In particular we plan to spend our time doing the following:
1. Budva, walk to Stevi Stefan and go to the beach.
2. Kotor, hike up to the Fortress
3. Stari Bar and perhaps Perast if time.
4. Free day: try to find a tour to Ostrog, or perhaps Ulcinj or Herceg Novi
We specifically want to spend some time at the beach between sights and hikes.
What have your experiences with Montenegro's beaches and physical beauty been?
Any safey concerns? We read that Montenegro's landmine status was "unknown". We plan to hike up to the Fortress at Kotor and hike around Stari Bar.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 2 Back from Paris
- 3 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 4 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 5 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 6 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 10 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 11 International Flight Question
- 12 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 13 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 14 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 15 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 16 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 17 Luggage Storage
- 18 LIsbon
- 19 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 20 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 21 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 22 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
Montenegro - Beautiful? Clean Beaches? Whats your experience been?