We are spending 4 nights at the hostel in Budva the first week in September, but we've heard so many mixed reveiws of coastal Montenegro that we wonder if we should add more time to Southern Dalmatia instead...maybe one of the islands. In particular we plan to spend our time doing the following:
1. Budva, walk to Stevi Stefan and go to the beach.
2. Kotor, hike up to the Fortress
3. Stari Bar and perhaps Perast if time.
4. Free day: try to find a tour to Ostrog, or perhaps Ulcinj or Herceg Novi
We specifically want to spend some time at the beach between sights and hikes.
What have your experiences with Montenegro's beaches and physical beauty been?
Any safey concerns? We read that Montenegro's landmine status was "unknown". We plan to hike up to the Fortress at Kotor and hike around Stari Bar.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP Installation CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 HP PRINTER Technical SUPP0RT d*j
- 2 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 3 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 4 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 5 Seville to Cordoba
- 6 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 7 3 nights in Madrid
- 8 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 9 What route for Reykjanes Peninsula?
- 10 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 11 London Hotel - Different Request
- 12 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 13 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 14 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 15 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 16 Trip to Switzerland
- 17 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 18 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 19 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 20 Rome hotel
- 21 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 22 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 23 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 24 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 25 London 6 day itinerary
Montenegro - Beautiful? Clean Beaches? Whats your experience been?