We are spending 4 nights at the hostel in Budva the first week in September, but we've heard so many mixed reveiws of coastal Montenegro that we wonder if we should add more time to Southern Dalmatia instead...maybe one of the islands. In particular we plan to spend our time doing the following:
1. Budva, walk to Stevi Stefan and go to the beach.
2. Kotor, hike up to the Fortress
3. Stari Bar and perhaps Perast if time.
4. Free day: try to find a tour to Ostrog, or perhaps Ulcinj or Herceg Novi
We specifically want to spend some time at the beach between sights and hikes.
What have your experiences with Montenegro's beaches and physical beauty been?
Any safey concerns? We read that Montenegro's landmine status was "unknown". We plan to hike up to the Fortress at Kotor and hike around Stari Bar.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.oralhealthplus.com/rexadrene/
- 2 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 3 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 4 Spain and South of France
- 5 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 6 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 7 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 8 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 9 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 10 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 11 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 12 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 13 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 14 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 15 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 16 Prague itinerary advice
- 17 Vineyard recommendations near Piacenza? La Stoppa or Marchese Malaspina?
- 18 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 19 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 20 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 21 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 22 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 23 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 24 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 25 Self drive tour companies
Montenegro - Beautiful? Clean Beaches? Whats your experience been?