We are spending 4 nights at the hostel in Budva the first week in September, but we've heard so many mixed reveiws of coastal Montenegro that we wonder if we should add more time to Southern Dalmatia instead...maybe one of the islands. In particular we plan to spend our time doing the following:
1. Budva, walk to Stevi Stefan and go to the beach.
2. Kotor, hike up to the Fortress
3. Stari Bar and perhaps Perast if time.
4. Free day: try to find a tour to Ostrog, or perhaps Ulcinj or Herceg Novi
We specifically want to spend some time at the beach between sights and hikes.
What have your experiences with Montenegro's beaches and physical beauty been?
Any safey concerns? We read that Montenegro's landmine status was "unknown". We plan to hike up to the Fortress at Kotor and hike around Stari Bar.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 2 Holiday in Austria
- 3 Paris Under Seige...
- 4 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 5 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 6 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 7 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 8 4 week trip Turkey
- 9 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 10 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 11 Rue des Rosiers
- 12 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 13 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 14 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 15 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 16 1&1/2 day 1 night in helsinki
- 17 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 18 Scotland Trip
- 19 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 20 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 21 Advices about our itiniary
- 22 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 23 First trip to Italy-2 weeks with a 9 year old
- 24 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 25 What to take to Germany
Montenegro - Beautiful? Clean Beaches? Whats your experience been?