We are spending 4 nights at the hostel in Budva the first week in September, but we've heard so many mixed reveiws of coastal Montenegro that we wonder if we should add more time to Southern Dalmatia instead...maybe one of the islands. In particular we plan to spend our time doing the following:
1. Budva, walk to Stevi Stefan and go to the beach.
2. Kotor, hike up to the Fortress
3. Stari Bar and perhaps Perast if time.
4. Free day: try to find a tour to Ostrog, or perhaps Ulcinj or Herceg Novi
We specifically want to spend some time at the beach between sights and hikes.
What have your experiences with Montenegro's beaches and physical beauty been?
Any safey concerns? We read that Montenegro's landmine status was "unknown". We plan to hike up to the Fortress at Kotor and hike around Stari Bar.
Montenegro - Beautiful? Clean Beaches? Whats your experience been?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 2 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 3 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 4 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 5 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 6 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG
- 7 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 8 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 9 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 10 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 11 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 12 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 13 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 14 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 15 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 16 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 17 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 18 I dream of Europe
- 19 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 20 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 21 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 22 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 23 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 24 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 25 Rome Food Tour