We are spending 4 nights at the hostel in Budva the first week in September, but we've heard so many mixed reveiws of coastal Montenegro that we wonder if we should add more time to Southern Dalmatia instead...maybe one of the islands. In particular we plan to spend our time doing the following:
1. Budva, walk to Stevi Stefan and go to the beach.
2. Kotor, hike up to the Fortress
3. Stari Bar and perhaps Perast if time.
4. Free day: try to find a tour to Ostrog, or perhaps Ulcinj or Herceg Novi
We specifically want to spend some time at the beach between sights and hikes.
What have your experiences with Montenegro's beaches and physical beauty been?
Any safey concerns? We read that Montenegro's landmine status was "unknown". We plan to hike up to the Fortress at Kotor and hike around Stari Bar.
Montenegro - Beautiful? Clean Beaches? Whats your experience been?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 2 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 3 Switzerland
- 4 England and Scotland
- 5 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 6 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 7 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 8 Trains in Italy
- 9 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 10 Gite and/or agritourism
- 11 20 days in Germany
- 12 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 13 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 14 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 15 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 16 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 17 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 18 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 19 Athens/Istanbul March
- 20 French open
- 21 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 22 Azores
- 23 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 24 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 25 What to do during Christmas in Paris?