We are spending 4 nights at the hostel in Budva the first week in September, but we've heard so many mixed reveiws of coastal Montenegro that we wonder if we should add more time to Southern Dalmatia instead...maybe one of the islands. In particular we plan to spend our time doing the following:
1. Budva, walk to Stevi Stefan and go to the beach.
2. Kotor, hike up to the Fortress
3. Stari Bar and perhaps Perast if time.
4. Free day: try to find a tour to Ostrog, or perhaps Ulcinj or Herceg Novi
We specifically want to spend some time at the beach between sights and hikes.
What have your experiences with Montenegro's beaches and physical beauty been?
Any safey concerns? We read that Montenegro's landmine status was "unknown". We plan to hike up to the Fortress at Kotor and hike around Stari Bar.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 2 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 3 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 4 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 5 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 6 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 7 First Time Solo Travel info
- 8 Oxford 24 hours
- 9 Andalucia in December
- 10 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 11 Lost ring
- 12 Budapest Hotels
- 13 Vienna or Budapest?
- 14 Sliema, Malta
- 15 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 16 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 17 Looking for supermarkets, grocery shops in Valletta
- 18 London's Must Sights!
- 19 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 20 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 21 Apartment Review - Amsterdam
- 22 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 23 First trip to Italy
- 24 England and Wales by public transport
- 25 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
Montenegro - Beautiful? Clean Beaches? Whats your experience been?