We are spending 4 nights at the hostel in Budva the first week in September, but we've heard so many mixed reveiws of coastal Montenegro that we wonder if we should add more time to Southern Dalmatia instead...maybe one of the islands. In particular we plan to spend our time doing the following:
1. Budva, walk to Stevi Stefan and go to the beach.
2. Kotor, hike up to the Fortress
3. Stari Bar and perhaps Perast if time.
4. Free day: try to find a tour to Ostrog, or perhaps Ulcinj or Herceg Novi
We specifically want to spend some time at the beach between sights and hikes.
What have your experiences with Montenegro's beaches and physical beauty been?
Any safey concerns? We read that Montenegro's landmine status was "unknown". We plan to hike up to the Fortress at Kotor and hike around Stari Bar.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 2 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 3 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 4 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 5 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 6 Trains in Italy
- 7 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 8 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 Apartment Montreux area
- 11 Rome or Venice first
- 12 Europe First Timers
- 13 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 14 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 15 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 16 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 17 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 18 Safety in Rome
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 20 An evening in London
- 21 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 22 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 23 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 24 Chur or St Moritz?
- 25 Itinerary review: Croatia/Italy
Montenegro - Beautiful? Clean Beaches? Whats your experience been?