We are spending 4 nights at the hostel in Budva the first week in September, but we've heard so many mixed reveiws of coastal Montenegro that we wonder if we should add more time to Southern Dalmatia instead...maybe one of the islands. In particular we plan to spend our time doing the following:
1. Budva, walk to Stevi Stefan and go to the beach.
2. Kotor, hike up to the Fortress
3. Stari Bar and perhaps Perast if time.
4. Free day: try to find a tour to Ostrog, or perhaps Ulcinj or Herceg Novi
We specifically want to spend some time at the beach between sights and hikes.
What have your experiences with Montenegro's beaches and physical beauty been?
Any safey concerns? We read that Montenegro's landmine status was "unknown". We plan to hike up to the Fortress at Kotor and hike around Stari Bar.
Montenegro - Beautiful? Clean Beaches? Whats your experience been?
- 1 Car rental for 7, should we get one or two vehicles?
- 2 Which is easier. Malpensa shuttle bus to Centrale or ...
- 3 best airport to fly out of Paris back to Toronto
- 4 Prague to Poland
- 5 Paris-Barcelona now with the AVE high speed train
- 6 Turkey Museum Pass - Where to buy?
- 7 Paris-Brussels-Amsterdam 7 days?
- 8 Using Plastic in Britain Now Includes Spending Pounds...
- 9 Paris-Barcelona high-speed trains are go!
- 10 Lucerne to Lausanne Itinerary
- 11 Amsterdam to Paris Best Route
- 12 Is Europcar ok if I have no other choice?
- 13 Swiss train travel - why so costly?
- 14 A family of 4 - 4 days in Switzerland
- 15 Sicily 10 days
- 16 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 17 Travel from Heathrow to Chessington
- 18 9 nights in Ireland
- 19 Family of 5 in Venice for 3 days -- will this work w/ kids?
- 20 caroline_venezia
- 21 Gary Seckendorf - Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 22 Surely someone has attended the Lyon Festival of Lights--advice please
- 23 Chip & Pin Only
- 24 Paris Photo from Bing Today
- 25 Italian Almond Bakery Cookie with dried cherry in center