We are spending 4 nights at the hostel in Budva the first week in September, but we've heard so many mixed reveiws of coastal Montenegro that we wonder if we should add more time to Southern Dalmatia instead...maybe one of the islands. In particular we plan to spend our time doing the following:
1. Budva, walk to Stevi Stefan and go to the beach.
2. Kotor, hike up to the Fortress
3. Stari Bar and perhaps Perast if time.
4. Free day: try to find a tour to Ostrog, or perhaps Ulcinj or Herceg Novi
We specifically want to spend some time at the beach between sights and hikes.
What have your experiences with Montenegro's beaches and physical beauty been?
Any safey concerns? We read that Montenegro's landmine status was "unknown". We plan to hike up to the Fortress at Kotor and hike around Stari Bar.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 2 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 3 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 6 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 Italy
- 9 Ireland travel passport question
- 10 Revised itinerary for italy
- 11 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 14 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 15 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 16 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 17 Juangfrau / mt
- 18 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 19 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 20 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 25 Questions about Polish sights
Montenegro - Beautiful? Clean Beaches? Whats your experience been?