We are spending 4 nights at the hostel in Budva the first week in September, but we've heard so many mixed reveiws of coastal Montenegro that we wonder if we should add more time to Southern Dalmatia instead...maybe one of the islands. In particular we plan to spend our time doing the following:
1. Budva, walk to Stevi Stefan and go to the beach.
2. Kotor, hike up to the Fortress
3. Stari Bar and perhaps Perast if time.
4. Free day: try to find a tour to Ostrog, or perhaps Ulcinj or Herceg Novi
We specifically want to spend some time at the beach between sights and hikes.
What have your experiences with Montenegro's beaches and physical beauty been?
Any safey concerns? We read that Montenegro's landmine status was "unknown". We plan to hike up to the Fortress at Kotor and hike around Stari Bar.
Montenegro - Beautiful? Clean Beaches? Whats your experience been?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 2 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 3 How to change college, after obtaining French visa?
- 4 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 5 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 6 Swiss rail passes
- 7 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 8 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 9 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 10 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)
- 11 Augsburg with kids
- 12 train to Vernon France
- 13 Car service w/ baby car seat: London & Paris
- 14 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 15 Hotel in Venice
- 16 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 17 Getting married planning 6-8 week honeymoon in Europe & need YOUR advice!
- 18 A drive in Europe
- 19 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 20 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 21 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 22 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 23 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 24 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 25 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?