We are spending 4 nights at the hostel in Budva the first week in September, but we've heard so many mixed reveiws of coastal Montenegro that we wonder if we should add more time to Southern Dalmatia instead...maybe one of the islands. In particular we plan to spend our time doing the following:
1. Budva, walk to Stevi Stefan and go to the beach.
2. Kotor, hike up to the Fortress
3. Stari Bar and perhaps Perast if time.
4. Free day: try to find a tour to Ostrog, or perhaps Ulcinj or Herceg Novi
We specifically want to spend some time at the beach between sights and hikes.
What have your experiences with Montenegro's beaches and physical beauty been?
Any safey concerns? We read that Montenegro's landmine status was "unknown". We plan to hike up to the Fortress at Kotor and hike around Stari Bar.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 2 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 3 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 4 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 5 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 6 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 7 now the fun stuff - need dining recs near Goult
- 8 Paris-Italy-Spain trip
- 9 When and how to book for a trip?
- 10 Visiting Cornwall September 2016
- 11 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 12 Using a Cell Phone in Europe
- 13 Another strike in France : 3-5 june, airports
- 14 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 15 Prague & Croatia
- 16 Self-Drive: Dublin to Shannon, or Belfast to Dublin
- 17 Ferries from London To Normandy Beaches; biking through Formigny-Bayeux
- 18 3 week backing packing trip
- 19 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 20 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 21 Car rental/train option to Paola/San Lucido Italy? - Mom and 3 kids
- 22 Fake police scam in Budapest
- 23 Switzerland/Italy Advice
- 24 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 25 holiday problem in Budapest
Montenegro - Beautiful? Clean Beaches? Whats your experience been?