We are spending 4 nights at the hostel in Budva the first week in September, but we've heard so many mixed reveiws of coastal Montenegro that we wonder if we should add more time to Southern Dalmatia instead...maybe one of the islands. In particular we plan to spend our time doing the following:
1. Budva, walk to Stevi Stefan and go to the beach.
2. Kotor, hike up to the Fortress
3. Stari Bar and perhaps Perast if time.
4. Free day: try to find a tour to Ostrog, or perhaps Ulcinj or Herceg Novi
We specifically want to spend some time at the beach between sights and hikes.
What have your experiences with Montenegro's beaches and physical beauty been?
Any safey concerns? We read that Montenegro's landmine status was "unknown". We plan to hike up to the Fortress at Kotor and hike around Stari Bar.
Montenegro - Beautiful? Clean Beaches? Whats your experience been?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London hotel tax is 20%
- 2 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 3 Weather in the dolomites
- 4 ParisBestLodge Marais Apartment
- 5 Follow-up to my last question (U.S. citizen visiting Sweden next year)
- 6 SIM cards - nano sim readily available ?
- 7 Has anyone used Waytostay.com for Paris rentals?
- 8 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 9 Can you help me make calls in Italy?
- 10 Aaah...Umbria!
- 11 Sorry! Another Venice Hotel Location
- 12 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 13 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 14 France: which maps?
- 15 Piedmont - Scenic Drive
- 16 Provence : So many places too little time
- 17 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 18 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 19 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 20 Help!!! Need suggestions paris hotel
- 21 Advice for Sept trip to Ireland?
- 22 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 23 Euronight Train from Munich to Budapest - doubts
- 24 Need advice on itinerary for Germany
- 25 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?