My fiance and I are taking a cruise at the end of October and Monte Carlo is our first port. I've been reading up on it and I'm just not that excited about this stop.. it seems to me like a big tourist sink hole where you can shop and blow your money away.. obviously the results I'm getting rave about the casinos and grand prix .. can anyone tell me some really interesting sites in this area or nearby areas that we could explore? We're both very easy to please, but we're more interested in having a cultural experience or visiting historical sites than anything. Any help provided is appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England and Scotland
- 2 Dublin to Armagh?
- 3 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 4 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 5 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 6 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 7 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 8 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 9 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 10 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 11 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 12 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 13 Air pollution in Paris
- 14 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 15 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 16 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 17 connecting flight to marseille or not
- 18 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 19 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 20 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 21 France, Italy and Greec
- 22 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 23 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 24 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 25 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio