My fiance and I are taking a cruise at the end of October and Monte Carlo is our first port. I've been reading up on it and I'm just not that excited about this stop.. it seems to me like a big tourist sink hole where you can shop and blow your money away.. obviously the results I'm getting rave about the casinos and grand prix .. can anyone tell me some really interesting sites in this area or nearby areas that we could explore? We're both very easy to please, but we're more interested in having a cultural experience or visiting historical sites than anything. Any help provided is appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 2 A full week in The Netherlands
- 3 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 4 Need to get from ship to Venice airport
- 5 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 6 British Plastic Shopping Bags All Have Holes in Them?
- 7 Advice for first family trip to Europe
- 8 10 days in England
- 9 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 10 Drawing courses in Paris
- 11 Looking for add on city
- 12 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 13 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 14 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 15 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 16 Travel phones in France and Italy
- 17 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 18 cell phones in France
- 19 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 20 Struggling with Ireland itinerary - help finding off the beaten path gems!
- 21 What do you wish you'd known about Iceland before you went?
- 22 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 23 What NOT TO WEAR in PARIS & ROME?! Women's Fashion Help!
- 24 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 25 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...