My fiance and I are taking a cruise at the end of October and Monte Carlo is our first port. I've been reading up on it and I'm just not that excited about this stop.. it seems to me like a big tourist sink hole where you can shop and blow your money away.. obviously the results I'm getting rave about the casinos and grand prix .. can anyone tell me some really interesting sites in this area or nearby areas that we could explore? We're both very easy to please, but we're more interested in having a cultural experience or visiting historical sites than anything. Any help provided is appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 2 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 3 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 4 Three days in Spain
- 5 Monet in Normandy
- 6 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 7 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 8 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 9 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 10 London visit
- 11 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 12 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 13 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 14 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 15 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 16 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 17 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 18 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 19 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 20 21 Days in Central Europe
- 21 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 22 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 23 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 24 best time to book accommodation
- 25 Madrid Tapas Tour