My fiance and I are taking a cruise at the end of October and Monte Carlo is our first port. I've been reading up on it and I'm just not that excited about this stop.. it seems to me like a big tourist sink hole where you can shop and blow your money away.. obviously the results I'm getting rave about the casinos and grand prix .. can anyone tell me some really interesting sites in this area or nearby areas that we could explore? We're both very easy to please, but we're more interested in having a cultural experience or visiting historical sites than anything. Any help provided is appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 2 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 3 Aran Islands in wintertime
- 4 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 5 Paris and where else?
- 6 Beware Hotel Henry IV on Place Dauphine, Paris
- 7 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 8 Christmas windows in Paris
- 9 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 10 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 11 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 12 Internet or travel agent?
- 13 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 14 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 15 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 16 Autumn in Paris
- 17 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 18 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 19 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 20 Raining in rome
- 21 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 22 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 23 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 24 Italian Lakes
- 25 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list