My fiance and I are taking a cruise at the end of October and Monte Carlo is our first port. I've been reading up on it and I'm just not that excited about this stop.. it seems to me like a big tourist sink hole where you can shop and blow your money away.. obviously the results I'm getting rave about the casinos and grand prix .. can anyone tell me some really interesting sites in this area or nearby areas that we could explore? We're both very easy to please, but we're more interested in having a cultural experience or visiting historical sites than anything. Any help provided is appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris first then where?
- 2 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 3 bringing back some bits from Italy. What's allowed?
- 4 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 5 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 6 CROATIA SPLIT
- 7 Easier travel
- 8 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 9 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 10 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 11 Does this sound feasible?
- 12 Family trip to Europe - suggestions welcome
- 13 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 14 :"Europe's Masterworks Vs. the Masses"
- 15 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 16 Stay away from EF Tours
- 17 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 18 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 19 Self-driving tips for France
- 20 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 21 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 22 Dordogne in October
- 23 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 24 BMW European Delivery program
- 25 Driving Holiday Austria-Switzerland-Italy/Germany-Austria