My fiance and I are taking a cruise at the end of October and Monte Carlo is our first port. I've been reading up on it and I'm just not that excited about this stop.. it seems to me like a big tourist sink hole where you can shop and blow your money away.. obviously the results I'm getting rave about the casinos and grand prix .. can anyone tell me some really interesting sites in this area or nearby areas that we could explore? We're both very easy to please, but we're more interested in having a cultural experience or visiting historical sites than anything. Any help provided is appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 2 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 3 Authentic czech food
- 4 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 5 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 6 Has anybody bought tickets through divento.com?
- 7 Hotel Regno versus Albergo Cesari Rome
- 8 Italy - unusually so
- 9 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 10 Where to play agains the best outdoor basketball competition in Berlin?
- 11 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 12 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 13 About cars in Austria
- 14 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 15 Spain in November
- 16 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 17 December trip to Germany & Switzerland - Ingo are you out there?
- 18 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 19 Europe in December for 10 days
- 20 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 21 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 22 Study Visa and Schengen area tourist allowance Question
- 23 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 24 England/EPL family vacation
- 25 4 Months in Europe