My fiance and I are taking a cruise at the end of October and Monte Carlo is our first port. I've been reading up on it and I'm just not that excited about this stop.. it seems to me like a big tourist sink hole where you can shop and blow your money away.. obviously the results I'm getting rave about the casinos and grand prix .. can anyone tell me some really interesting sites in this area or nearby areas that we could explore? We're both very easy to please, but we're more interested in having a cultural experience or visiting historical sites than anything. Any help provided is appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay near Pont du Gard
- 2 Southern Europe trip (10 NIGHTS - Paris, Barcelona, Milan-Venice-Rome)
- 3 France 8 days
- 4 London Weekend
- 5 Alhambra questions
- 6 Baltic cruise ports
- 7 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 8 European Quiz Monday March 30
- 9 milan austria
- 10 Ef Tour 10 days in Bavaria then 15 in Köthen
- 11 Berlin: evening dining
- 12 Trip report Tuscany and Bologna
- 13 Montpellier - To do? To eat? To Shop?
- 14 italy-switzerland travel advice in mid to late May
- 15 Still at a loss for best place to stop on Pyrenees Road trip.
- 16 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 17 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 18 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 19 Lake Bled vs. Soca Valley
- 20 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 21 Restaurants near Pantheon in Rome
- 22 Italy: How to get from Venice to Todi, Italy
- 23 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 24 Where to stay in Varenna, Italy for 2 nights?
- 25 Back to Provence in 2015