My fiance and I are taking a cruise at the end of October and Monte Carlo is our first port. I've been reading up on it and I'm just not that excited about this stop.. it seems to me like a big tourist sink hole where you can shop and blow your money away.. obviously the results I'm getting rave about the casinos and grand prix .. can anyone tell me some really interesting sites in this area or nearby areas that we could explore? We're both very easy to please, but we're more interested in having a cultural experience or visiting historical sites than anything. Any help provided is appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fashion for larger man?
- 2 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 3 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 4 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 5 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 6 Traveling in France by train
- 7 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 8 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 9 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 10 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 11 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 12 Sicily - not a trip report
- 13 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 14 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 15 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 16 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 17 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 18 car rental advice in Portugal
- 19 Fjords, How To?
- 20 Duoro river cruises
- 21 What to wear
- 22 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 23 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 24 Budget for 3 Month's
- 25 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions