My fiance and I will be spending 2 nights in Montalcino during our honeymoon, and we're looking for a home base where we can be really extravagant and treat ourselves. We'll be looking to spend our 2 nights and one and a half days there taking in a wine tour/tasting or two and having some really kick ass lunches & dinners - we're very open to suggestions here! We've narrowed down to the two hotels below: Castello Banfi and Castello Di Velona. Velona is significantly cheaper though still breathtaking, and would give us more money to spend on meals and cool activities in the area (we will have a rental car so we can drive to different neighboring areas), while Banfi is the #1 hotel in the area and has rave reviews.
Has anyone stayed at either resort, and if so would you recommend it? What do you think we should do? Below I've listed out all of the information I've compiled on each.
Castello Banfi Il Borgo:
Double Room Riserva – Total with VAT: $2,029
Include breakfast, soft drink mini bar and parking
#1 of all hotels in Montalcino - tripadvisor reviews: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g635634-d648286-Reviews-Castello_Banfi_Il_Borgo-Montalcino_Tuscany.html
Castello Di Velona:
Three Room Options:
Spa Deluxe: $1,225 - http://www.ehc.it/castello-di-velona-montalcino/en/spa-deluxe.htm
Spa Exclusive: $1,542 - http://www.ehc.it/castello-di-velona-montalcino/en/spa-exclusive-room.htm
Spa Junior Suite: $1,586 - http://www.ehc.it/castello-di-velona-montalcino/en/spa-junior-suite.htm
Include breakfast & taxes.
#3 of all hotels in Montalcino - tripadvisor reviews; http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g635634-d295633-Reviews-Castello_di_Velona-Montalcino_Tuscany.html
Thanks in advance for all of your insights and help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 2 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 3 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 4 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 5 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 6 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 7 Car rental companies - why so many negative reviews?
- 8 Iceland rental camper company
- 9 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 10 southeast sicily town as home base
- 11 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 12 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 13 Chania
- 14 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 15 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 16 Theoxenia on Santorini
- 17 Spanish food - not that special?
- 18 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 19 Rome travel book, Nice extra
- 20 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 21 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 22 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 23 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 24 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 25 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
Montalcino Hotel: Castello Banfi Il Borgo vs. Castello Di Velona