My fiance and I will be spending 2 nights in Montalcino during our honeymoon, and we're looking for a home base where we can be really extravagant and treat ourselves. We'll be looking to spend our 2 nights and one and a half days there taking in a wine tour/tasting or two and having some really kick ass lunches & dinners - we're very open to suggestions here! We've narrowed down to the two hotels below: Castello Banfi and Castello Di Velona. Velona is significantly cheaper though still breathtaking, and would give us more money to spend on meals and cool activities in the area (we will have a rental car so we can drive to different neighboring areas), while Banfi is the #1 hotel in the area and has rave reviews.
Has anyone stayed at either resort, and if so would you recommend it? What do you think we should do? Below I've listed out all of the information I've compiled on each.
Castello Banfi Il Borgo:
Double Room Riserva – Total with VAT: $2,029
Include breakfast, soft drink mini bar and parking
#1 of all hotels in Montalcino - tripadvisor reviews: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g635634-d648286-Reviews-Castello_Banfi_Il_Borgo-Montalcino_Tuscany.html
Castello Di Velona:
Three Room Options:
Spa Deluxe: $1,225 - http://www.ehc.it/castello-di-velona-montalcino/en/spa-deluxe.htm
Spa Exclusive: $1,542 - http://www.ehc.it/castello-di-velona-montalcino/en/spa-exclusive-room.htm
Spa Junior Suite: $1,586 - http://www.ehc.it/castello-di-velona-montalcino/en/spa-junior-suite.htm
Include breakfast & taxes.
#3 of all hotels in Montalcino - tripadvisor reviews; http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g635634-d295633-Reviews-Castello_di_Velona-Montalcino_Tuscany.html
Thanks in advance for all of your insights and help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International drivers permit
- 2 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 3 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 4 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 5 Paris advice with kids
- 6 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 7 alcazar question and seville advice
- 8 french italian Riviera overnight stop noli, cervo, san remo, menton, other?
- 9 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 10 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 11 My Topic TitleT 10 card question
- 12 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 13 Amsterdam highlights
- 14 First visit to London
- 15 Villa in Italy
- 16 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 17 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 18 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 19 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 20 Paris travel help
- 21 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 22 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 23 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 24 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 25 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
Montalcino Hotel: Castello Banfi Il Borgo vs. Castello Di Velona