My fiance and I will be spending 2 nights in Montalcino during our honeymoon, and we're looking for a home base where we can be really extravagant and treat ourselves. We'll be looking to spend our 2 nights and one and a half days there taking in a wine tour/tasting or two and having some really kick ass lunches & dinners - we're very open to suggestions here! We've narrowed down to the two hotels below: Castello Banfi and Castello Di Velona. Velona is significantly cheaper though still breathtaking, and would give us more money to spend on meals and cool activities in the area (we will have a rental car so we can drive to different neighboring areas), while Banfi is the #1 hotel in the area and has rave reviews.
Has anyone stayed at either resort, and if so would you recommend it? What do you think we should do? Below I've listed out all of the information I've compiled on each.
Castello Banfi Il Borgo:
Double Room Riserva – Total with VAT: $2,029
Include breakfast, soft drink mini bar and parking
#1 of all hotels in Montalcino - tripadvisor reviews: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g635634-d648286-Reviews-Castello_Banfi_Il_Borgo-Montalcino_Tuscany.html
Castello Di Velona:
Three Room Options:
Spa Deluxe: $1,225 - http://www.ehc.it/castello-di-velona-montalcino/en/spa-deluxe.htm
Spa Exclusive: $1,542 - http://www.ehc.it/castello-di-velona-montalcino/en/spa-exclusive-room.htm
Spa Junior Suite: $1,586 - http://www.ehc.it/castello-di-velona-montalcino/en/spa-junior-suite.htm
Include breakfast & taxes.
#3 of all hotels in Montalcino - tripadvisor reviews; http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g635634-d295633-Reviews-Castello_di_Velona-Montalcino_Tuscany.html
Thanks in advance for all of your insights and help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 2 Sintra
- 3 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 4 What tips can you give about packing?
- 5 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 6 Aix Provence
- 7 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 8 How the kids age calculated
- 9 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 10 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 11 Cotswolds or Lake District Walking Tour
- 12 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 13 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 14 Madrid airport question
- 15 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 16 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
- 17 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 18 Cordoba Overnight?
- 19 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 20 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 21 Portugal - 2 week honeymoon itinerary - Looking for feedback
- 22 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 23 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 24 One night in Rome
- 25 Murren to Prague
Montalcino Hotel: Castello Banfi Il Borgo vs. Castello Di Velona