There have been a number of recent enquiries regarding Mont St Michel; how to get there, and whether to stay on the island, or on the mainland near La Caserne. At present, there have been changes to the access of the island, with the construction of the new bridge, and the establishment of the new car park at La Caserne. The construction has also affected the visual landscape of the Mont. I have just returned from a five day visit and have written an illustrated overview of the present situation with maps and photos that might help with planning at http://www.artphototravel.net/europe/mont-st-michel/
Mont St Michel revisited, my impressions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 7 Nights in Paris
- 2 Airport to Piraeus
- 3 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 4 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 5 Day trips from Seville
- 6 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 7 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 8 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 9 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 10 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 11 What time does Left-Luggage lockers open at Gare Du Nord??
- 12 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 13 How Do I call the US from Italy?
- 14 Paris - Cochem - Cologne - Paris
- 15 Crete or Mallorca? Where to go?
- 16 Experiences with spanish tour operator Iberica Travel?
- 17 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 18 Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
- 19 Best cheap airport hotel/hostel in Madrid?
- 20 Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza - 1 week. Seeking lodging, itinerary suggestions.
- 21 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 22 Riga 2014
- 23 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 24 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 25 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?