There have been a number of recent enquiries regarding Mont St Michel; how to get there, and whether to stay on the island, or on the mainland near La Caserne. At present, there have been changes to the access of the island, with the construction of the new bridge, and the establishment of the new car park at La Caserne. The construction has also affected the visual landscape of the Mont. I have just returned from a five day visit and have written an illustrated overview of the present situation with maps and photos that might help with planning at http://www.artphototravel.net/europe/mont-st-michel/
Mont St Michel revisited, my impressions
View all Europe activity »
- 1 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 2 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 5 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 6 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 7 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 8 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 9 Trip around Spain
- 10 Trieste as a day trip?
- 11 Euro Train
- 12 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 13 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 14 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 15 Spain - Andalucia
- 16 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 17 One more last question on Bayeux
- 18 banger rally around europe?
- 19 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 20 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 21 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 22 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 23 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 24 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 25 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!