There have been a number of recent enquiries regarding Mont St Michel; how to get there, and whether to stay on the island, or on the mainland near La Caserne. At present, there have been changes to the access of the island, with the construction of the new bridge, and the establishment of the new car park at La Caserne. The construction has also affected the visual landscape of the Mont. I have just returned from a five day visit and have written an illustrated overview of the present situation with maps and photos that might help with planning at http://www.artphototravel.net/europe/mont-st-michel/
Mont St Michel revisited, my impressions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 2 Santorini transportation
- 3 Touring Dover Castle
- 4 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 5 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 6 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 7 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 8 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 9 Cell phones in Ireland
- 10 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 11 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 12 Carry on luggage only with a family travelling to Europe?
- 13 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 14 Madrid and London
- 15 Riverboat Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 16 Ireland: Need help deciding about maps and SIM card
- 17 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 18 7 Nights in Paris
- 19 Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia
- 20 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 21 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 22 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 23 3 weeks in Europe
- 24 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 25 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover