There have been a number of recent enquiries regarding Mont St Michel; how to get there, and whether to stay on the island, or on the mainland near La Caserne. At present, there have been changes to the access of the island, with the construction of the new bridge, and the establishment of the new car park at La Caserne. The construction has also affected the visual landscape of the Mont. I have just returned from a five day visit and have written an illustrated overview of the present situation with maps and photos that might help with planning at http://www.artphototravel.net/europe/mont-st-michel/
Mont St Michel revisited, my impressions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 2 Toulouse and beyond -
- 3 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 4 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 5 Reims for a day
- 6 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 7 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 8 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 9 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 10 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 11 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 12 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 13 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 14 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 15 getting on highway from Avignon TVG Europcar rental place
- 16 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 17 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 18 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 19 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 20 Munich with a car?
- 21 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 22 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 23 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 24 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 25 Soccer/futbol in Madrid