There have been a number of recent enquiries regarding Mont St Michel; how to get there, and whether to stay on the island, or on the mainland near La Caserne. At present, there have been changes to the access of the island, with the construction of the new bridge, and the establishment of the new car park at La Caserne. The construction has also affected the visual landscape of the Mont. I have just returned from a five day visit and have written an illustrated overview of the present situation with maps and photos that might help with planning at http://www.artphototravel.net/europe/mont-st-michel/
Mont St Michel revisited, my impressions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 2 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 3 Wine tours - without a car and on a budget!
- 4 England sites not to miss
- 5 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 6 month's stay in Italy
- 7 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 8 What should we tip our tour guide?
- 9 2 month backpacking though europe
- 10 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 11 naples & pickpockets
- 12 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 13 Scotland day tour
- 14 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 15 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 16 Wine tour from Verona?
- 17 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 18 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 19 Where to stay in the french riviera?
- 20 Spain - Mallorca vs. Canary Islands
- 21 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 22 Struggling with Ireland itinerary - help finding off the beaten path gems!
- 23 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 24 Lucca, Italy - flea/antique market?
- 25 Granada: stay in the Albayzin?