we will be in germany this summer (26 days in july-august) and I've got some questions.
1) Money. I've read that germany is very much a ''cash only country'' and we are trying to figure the best (and less exepensive) way to withdraw money. Our bank is Desjardins and we got a Visa Desjardins credit card too. 10 years ago we put money in our Visa account (we will be well above zero) because we heard at that time tht the exchange rate was better with Visa and there's no fees when we withdraw from them. Does it still a way to go ?
Our PIN got 5 numbers, most German banks use 4, could it be a problem ?
2) Cell phone. I got a moto G cell that i've buy unlocked at best buy. I'm using a prepaid plan with koodo. Will I be able to buy a german sim card to get a local number in germany (and data) with my cell phone ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Verizon's Yahoo Gives Yahoo's Customer Service I*844*29I*67O6* Nmber
- 2 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 3 Lay over time
- 4 ATM at airport
- 5 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 6 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 7 Sundays in Puglia
- 8 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 9 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 10 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 11 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 12 Greek Islands (small)
- 13 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 14 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 15 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 16 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 17 K-Day
- 18 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 19 Spain in December
- 20 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 21 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 22 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 23 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 24 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 25 Provence best farmstays!!??