I am already doing the research on this, and have some ideas. I thought that starting a thread here would not only add to what I am researching, but might also be helpful to others looking (or just give someone some good ideas for a visit).
So, in this trip coming up, I am spending one night and a good chunk of the days on either side hunting down Monet. I will have a car and leave Paris.
I've already been to Giverny twice but since it is on the way I will probably stop again. Rouen is also a stop, if for no other reason to see the Cathedral.
I will be staying in Etretat overnight, and, the next day will visit Le Havre for a few reasons - it is a UNESCO site, the fantastic museum there, and of course Monet spotting.
Honfleur is also a stop on my little tour.
In the coming days I plan to peruse my Exposition catalog (from my Jan 2011 whirlwind weekend trip to see it) but I was wondering if anyone here had anything to say about visiting Monet in Normandy.
Thank you for any thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 2 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 5 Need help for hiking destinations in Austria
- 6 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 7 driving from prague to salzburg
- 8 Acropolis Athens
- 9 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 10 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 11 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 12 Versailles
- 13 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 14 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 15 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 16 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 17 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 18 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 19 Meteora for older folk
- 20 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 21 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 22 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 23 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 24 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 25 Germany train help!