I am already doing the research on this, and have some ideas. I thought that starting a thread here would not only add to what I am researching, but might also be helpful to others looking (or just give someone some good ideas for a visit).
So, in this trip coming up, I am spending one night and a good chunk of the days on either side hunting down Monet. I will have a car and leave Paris.
I've already been to Giverny twice but since it is on the way I will probably stop again. Rouen is also a stop, if for no other reason to see the Cathedral.
I will be staying in Etretat overnight, and, the next day will visit Le Havre for a few reasons - it is a UNESCO site, the fantastic museum there, and of course Monet spotting.
Honfleur is also a stop on my little tour.
In the coming days I plan to peruse my Exposition catalog (from my Jan 2011 whirlwind weekend trip to see it) but I was wondering if anyone here had anything to say about visiting Monet in Normandy.
Thank you for any thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 7 days in Paris with 3 teens
- 2 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 3 Euro Quiz # 107 - Potpourri!
- 4 Tuscany literature
- 5 London, Berchtgaden and??
- 6 Strasbourg or Montpellier?
- 7 3 days Paris -Trying to fit everything in
- 8 Where to catch bus at Glasgow Airport
- 9 Italy on the Cheap (Mostly), May 2015
- 10 A plea ... help me salvage (current) trip
- 11 Paris in the Heat - Packing
- 12 8 days in Andalusia-what do you think?
- 13 Bicycling in Tuscany - First Visit
- 14 HELp with Milan /N Italy itinerary
- 15 wandering in venice
- 16 Weekend destination in Ireland
- 17 Advice on Portugal for August honeymoon please
- 18 Scottish pounds where to exchange?
- 19 Barcelona to Marseille (Toulon)
- 20 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 21 Is Chateau Latour in Medoc only for buyers?
- 22 Final Itinerary help
- 23 Finalizing Itinerary
- 24 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 25 vegetarian friendly and kids friendly restaurents in venice and rome