I am already doing the research on this, and have some ideas. I thought that starting a thread here would not only add to what I am researching, but might also be helpful to others looking (or just give someone some good ideas for a visit).
So, in this trip coming up, I am spending one night and a good chunk of the days on either side hunting down Monet. I will have a car and leave Paris.
I've already been to Giverny twice but since it is on the way I will probably stop again. Rouen is also a stop, if for no other reason to see the Cathedral.
I will be staying in Etretat overnight, and, the next day will visit Le Havre for a few reasons - it is a UNESCO site, the fantastic museum there, and of course Monet spotting.
Honfleur is also a stop on my little tour.
In the coming days I plan to peruse my Exposition catalog (from my Jan 2011 whirlwind weekend trip to see it) but I was wondering if anyone here had anything to say about visiting Monet in Normandy.
Thank you for any thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 2 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 3 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 4 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 5 Greek Islands (small)
- 6 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 7 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 8 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 9 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 10 Lay over time
- 11 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 12 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 13 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 14 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 15 K-Day
- 16 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 17 Spain in December
- 18 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 19 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 20 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 21 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 22 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 23 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 24 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 25 Flat in London