I am already doing the research on this, and have some ideas. I thought that starting a thread here would not only add to what I am researching, but might also be helpful to others looking (or just give someone some good ideas for a visit).
So, in this trip coming up, I am spending one night and a good chunk of the days on either side hunting down Monet. I will have a car and leave Paris.
I've already been to Giverny twice but since it is on the way I will probably stop again. Rouen is also a stop, if for no other reason to see the Cathedral.
I will be staying in Etretat overnight, and, the next day will visit Le Havre for a few reasons - it is a UNESCO site, the fantastic museum there, and of course Monet spotting.
Honfleur is also a stop on my little tour.
In the coming days I plan to peruse my Exposition catalog (from my Jan 2011 whirlwind weekend trip to see it) but I was wondering if anyone here had anything to say about visiting Monet in Normandy.
Thank you for any thoughts!
Monet in Normandy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 2 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 3 La Sagrada Familia
- 4 Weather in Rias Baixas this weekend?
- 5 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 6 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 7 Expat area's in France
- 8 Wine tours in Tuscuny
- 9 Aaah...Umbria!
- 10 Sorrento Advice Please
- 11 Aerobus from Barcelona airport to Placa Catalunya
- 12 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 13 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 14 Do I need train tix in advance
- 15 Appian Way and Catacombs in Rome, tour? Sunday?
- 16 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 17 Cyprus photo gallery
- 18 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 19 Recommend a beautiful Costa Brava town we should visit!
- 20 York (UK) railway station to Herz depot on foot
- 21 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 22 Schengen rule made easy
- 23 Rose Petals and Reflections
- 24 Need help with itinerary
- 25 Cornwall or Paris?