I am already doing the research on this, and have some ideas. I thought that starting a thread here would not only add to what I am researching, but might also be helpful to others looking (or just give someone some good ideas for a visit).
So, in this trip coming up, I am spending one night and a good chunk of the days on either side hunting down Monet. I will have a car and leave Paris.
I've already been to Giverny twice but since it is on the way I will probably stop again. Rouen is also a stop, if for no other reason to see the Cathedral.
I will be staying in Etretat overnight, and, the next day will visit Le Havre for a few reasons - it is a UNESCO site, the fantastic museum there, and of course Monet spotting.
Honfleur is also a stop on my little tour.
In the coming days I plan to peruse my Exposition catalog (from my Jan 2011 whirlwind weekend trip to see it) but I was wondering if anyone here had anything to say about visiting Monet in Normandy.
Thank you for any thoughts!
Monet in Normandy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 2 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 3 Satnav maps update
- 4 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 5 One day in Paris, Looking for a great Full day tour.
- 6 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 7 Is this realistic... advice?
- 8 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 9 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 10 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 11 Greece after the Vote
- 12 rail pass
- 13 France to Italy advice needed please
- 14 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 15 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 16 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 17 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 18 Spanish Music
- 19 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 20 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 21 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 22 3 days Vienna. Is Melk Worth it?
- 23 "Chip" Credit Cards in Italy
- 24 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 25 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip