I am already doing the research on this, and have some ideas. I thought that starting a thread here would not only add to what I am researching, but might also be helpful to others looking (or just give someone some good ideas for a visit).
So, in this trip coming up, I am spending one night and a good chunk of the days on either side hunting down Monet. I will have a car and leave Paris.
I've already been to Giverny twice but since it is on the way I will probably stop again. Rouen is also a stop, if for no other reason to see the Cathedral.
I will be staying in Etretat overnight, and, the next day will visit Le Havre for a few reasons - it is a UNESCO site, the fantastic museum there, and of course Monet spotting.
Honfleur is also a stop on my little tour.
In the coming days I plan to peruse my Exposition catalog (from my Jan 2011 whirlwind weekend trip to see it) but I was wondering if anyone here had anything to say about visiting Monet in Normandy.
Thank you for any thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 2 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 3 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 4 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 5 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 6 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 7 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 8 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person
- 9 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 10 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 11 4 days from/to Zagreb...
- 12 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 13 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 14 3 days solo in London
- 15 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 16 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 17 Prem fares (again)
- 18 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 19 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 20 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 21 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 22 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 23 Chania
- 24 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 25 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.