I am already doing the research on this, and have some ideas. I thought that starting a thread here would not only add to what I am researching, but might also be helpful to others looking (or just give someone some good ideas for a visit).
So, in this trip coming up, I am spending one night and a good chunk of the days on either side hunting down Monet. I will have a car and leave Paris.
I've already been to Giverny twice but since it is on the way I will probably stop again. Rouen is also a stop, if for no other reason to see the Cathedral.
I will be staying in Etretat overnight, and, the next day will visit Le Havre for a few reasons - it is a UNESCO site, the fantastic museum there, and of course Monet spotting.
Honfleur is also a stop on my little tour.
In the coming days I plan to peruse my Exposition catalog (from my Jan 2011 whirlwind weekend trip to see it) but I was wondering if anyone here had anything to say about visiting Monet in Normandy.
Thank you for any thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 2 Private transportation
- 3 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 4 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 5 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 6 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 7 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 8 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 9 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 10 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 11 Lufth on strike 26-28 nov
- 12 Global Travel Warning...
- 13 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 14 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 15 Paris Under Seige...
- 16 WORLD'S TRUSTED NO. 1 SPELL CASTER+27791897218 PROFESSOR SIPHO
- 17 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 18 Belgian govt terror alert: Avoid malls, concerts & trains
- 19 Highclere Castle(Downton Abbey) tours, UK
- 20 Advices about our itiniary
- 21 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 22 A week in Burgundy
- 23 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 24 Dynamic Currency Conversion is Alive & Well in Paris
- 25 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days