My kids and I will be accompanying my mom back to her homeland, Innsbruck, Austria this summer. We plan to go for three weeks. We plan to spend 4-5 days in Austria with her, then my kids and I will be travelling around Europe a bit. This will be their first trip outside the US, I visited Austria once with my Mom when I was in high school, but didn't travel around Europe then. They have mentioned they would like to see the Colosseum, Pompeii, and the Eiffel Tower. Here is what I was thinking for an itinerary and am looking for advice.
4 days/3nights in Rome (would plan to do day trip to Pompeii)
2 days/1 night in Venice
3 days/2nights in Paris
Am I crazy, is this too much? I'd love to see the Sistine Chapel and the Louvre, but they haven't shown much interest in those places.
Any and all advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vatican City questions
- 2 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 3 3 weeks - Helsinki-Tallinn-Riga-Vilnius - Aug/Sept.
- 4 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 5 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 6 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 7 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 8 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 9 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 10 Piedmont as a destination
- 11 dinner jackets
- 12 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 13 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 14 Garda Land
- 15 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 16 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 17 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 18 2 weeks Europe trip
- 19 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 20 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 21 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 22 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 23 Cordoba Overnight?
- 24 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 25 Need Help with German Train Schedule
Mom travelling Europe with two children (12 & 13) looking for advice