My kids and I will be accompanying my mom back to her homeland, Innsbruck, Austria this summer. We plan to go for three weeks. We plan to spend 4-5 days in Austria with her, then my kids and I will be travelling around Europe a bit. This will be their first trip outside the US, I visited Austria once with my Mom when I was in high school, but didn't travel around Europe then. They have mentioned they would like to see the Colosseum, Pompeii, and the Eiffel Tower. Here is what I was thinking for an itinerary and am looking for advice.
4 days/3nights in Rome (would plan to do day trip to Pompeii)
2 days/1 night in Venice
3 days/2nights in Paris
Am I crazy, is this too much? I'd love to see the Sistine Chapel and the Louvre, but they haven't shown much interest in those places.
Any and all advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cordoba or Granada?
- 2 train from ams to paris
- 3 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 4 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 5 Apartments in Lisbon-Neighbouhood?
- 6 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 7 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 8 Using Kindle, Netflix, Amazon Prime in Europe
- 9 3 nights in Tuscany
- 10 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 11 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 12 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 13 Munich, Germany
- 14 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 15 Help with my 9 week Europe Itinerary
- 16 KNOWL and/or CHARTWELL in Kent from London by train?
- 17 Amalfi or Positano
- 18 River Boat Cruise
- 19 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 20 Hostel Advice
- 21 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 22 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 23 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 24 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe
- 25 Doobie in Amsterdam
Mom travelling Europe with two children (12 & 13) looking for advice