My kids and I will be accompanying my mom back to her homeland, Innsbruck, Austria this summer. We plan to go for three weeks. We plan to spend 4-5 days in Austria with her, then my kids and I will be travelling around Europe a bit. This will be their first trip outside the US, I visited Austria once with my Mom when I was in high school, but didn't travel around Europe then. They have mentioned they would like to see the Colosseum, Pompeii, and the Eiffel Tower. Here is what I was thinking for an itinerary and am looking for advice.
4 days/3nights in Rome (would plan to do day trip to Pompeii)
2 days/1 night in Venice
3 days/2nights in Paris
Am I crazy, is this too much? I'd love to see the Sistine Chapel and the Louvre, but they haven't shown much interest in those places.
Any and all advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 2 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 3 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 4 Whathello Paris
- 5 Aix-en-Provence for a day
- 6 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 7 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 8 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 9 Bordeaux to Nice
- 10 Travel in Europe
- 11 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 12 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 13 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 14 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 15 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 16 Athens Help
- 17 Crete Holiday
- 18 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 19 Rome to Venice
- 20 One free day in Barcelona
- 21 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 22 November in Rome
- 23 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 24 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
Mom travelling Europe with two children (12 & 13) looking for advice