My kids and I will be accompanying my mom back to her homeland, Innsbruck, Austria this summer. We plan to go for three weeks. We plan to spend 4-5 days in Austria with her, then my kids and I will be travelling around Europe a bit. This will be their first trip outside the US, I visited Austria once with my Mom when I was in high school, but didn't travel around Europe then. They have mentioned they would like to see the Colosseum, Pompeii, and the Eiffel Tower. Here is what I was thinking for an itinerary and am looking for advice.
4 days/3nights in Rome (would plan to do day trip to Pompeii)
2 days/1 night in Venice
3 days/2nights in Paris
Am I crazy, is this too much? I'd love to see the Sistine Chapel and the Louvre, but they haven't shown much interest in those places.
Any and all advice is appreciated.
Mom travelling Europe with two children (12 & 13) looking for advice
- 1 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 2 Ireland's Murphy's Pub's
- 3 I Need To Vent!
- 4 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 5 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 6 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 7 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 8 Balkans in 4 weeks - Feasible itinerary?
- 9 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 10 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 11 Travel witha bike between Ventimiglia and Genova
- 12 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 13 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 14 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 15 Air show in Paris, what to expect
- 16 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 17 CIE Tours of Ireland - any opinions?
- 18 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 19 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 20 Flying from New York City to Cinque Terre, Italy
- 21 Last monte Paris apartment
- 22 MILAN BUS STATION / MILAN CENTRALE RR - Correct Station?
- 23 Which tour company would be best?
- 24 Britain Ireland and Scotland Tours
- 25 CIE TOURS? or Any other suggestions?