My kids and I will be accompanying my mom back to her homeland, Innsbruck, Austria this summer. We plan to go for three weeks. We plan to spend 4-5 days in Austria with her, then my kids and I will be travelling around Europe a bit. This will be their first trip outside the US, I visited Austria once with my Mom when I was in high school, but didn't travel around Europe then. They have mentioned they would like to see the Colosseum, Pompeii, and the Eiffel Tower. Here is what I was thinking for an itinerary and am looking for advice.
4 days/3nights in Rome (would plan to do day trip to Pompeii)
2 days/1 night in Venice
3 days/2nights in Paris
Am I crazy, is this too much? I'd love to see the Sistine Chapel and the Louvre, but they haven't shown much interest in those places.
Any and all advice is appreciated.
Mom travelling Europe with two children (12 & 13) looking for advice
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 Euro Train
- 3 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 4 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 5 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 6 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 7 TGV and Provence questions
- 8 Rome Accommodation
- 9 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 10 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 11 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 12 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 13 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 14 Italian Lakes gardens
- 15 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 16 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 17 London for Christmas
- 18 Garmisch, Nuremberg and Munich Nov trip
- 19 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 20 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 21 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 22 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 23 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 24 Greek islands from Turkey
- 25 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich