My kids and I will be accompanying my mom back to her homeland, Innsbruck, Austria this summer. We plan to go for three weeks. We plan to spend 4-5 days in Austria with her, then my kids and I will be travelling around Europe a bit. This will be their first trip outside the US, I visited Austria once with my Mom when I was in high school, but didn't travel around Europe then. They have mentioned they would like to see the Colosseum, Pompeii, and the Eiffel Tower. Here is what I was thinking for an itinerary and am looking for advice.
4 days/3nights in Rome (would plan to do day trip to Pompeii)
2 days/1 night in Venice
3 days/2nights in Paris
Am I crazy, is this too much? I'd love to see the Sistine Chapel and the Louvre, but they haven't shown much interest in those places.
Any and all advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 3 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 4 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 5 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 6 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 9 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 10 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 11 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 12 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 13 Questions about Polish sights
- 14 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 15 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 18 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 19 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 22 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 23 Italy
- 24 Revised itinerary for italy
- 25 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
Mom travelling Europe with two children (12 & 13) looking for advice