My kids and I will be accompanying my mom back to her homeland, Innsbruck, Austria this summer. We plan to go for three weeks. We plan to spend 4-5 days in Austria with her, then my kids and I will be travelling around Europe a bit. This will be their first trip outside the US, I visited Austria once with my Mom when I was in high school, but didn't travel around Europe then. They have mentioned they would like to see the Colosseum, Pompeii, and the Eiffel Tower. Here is what I was thinking for an itinerary and am looking for advice.
4 days/3nights in Rome (would plan to do day trip to Pompeii)
2 days/1 night in Venice
3 days/2nights in Paris
Am I crazy, is this too much? I'd love to see the Sistine Chapel and the Louvre, but they haven't shown much interest in those places.
Any and all advice is appreciated.
Mom travelling Europe with two children (12 & 13) looking for advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe in 21 days
- 2 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 3 Spain Questions
- 4 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 5 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 6 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 7 Avignon to London?
- 8 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 9 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 10 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 11 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 12 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 13 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 14 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 15 one last portugal car rental question
- 16 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 17 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 18 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 19 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 20 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 21 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 22 Street food in Turkey
- 23 Dublin Hostels
- 24 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 25 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions