My kids and I will be accompanying my mom back to her homeland, Innsbruck, Austria this summer. We plan to go for three weeks. We plan to spend 4-5 days in Austria with her, then my kids and I will be travelling around Europe a bit. This will be their first trip outside the US, I visited Austria once with my Mom when I was in high school, but didn't travel around Europe then. They have mentioned they would like to see the Colosseum, Pompeii, and the Eiffel Tower. Here is what I was thinking for an itinerary and am looking for advice.
4 days/3nights in Rome (would plan to do day trip to Pompeii)
2 days/1 night in Venice
3 days/2nights in Paris
Am I crazy, is this too much? I'd love to see the Sistine Chapel and the Louvre, but they haven't shown much interest in those places.
Any and all advice is appreciated.
Mom travelling Europe with two children (12 & 13) looking for advice
- 1 Frankfurt Macarons
- 2 Trieste as a day trip?
- 3 Any stay at first hotel reisen?
- 4 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 5 The Adriatic? Or Turkey and the Greek Islands?
- 6 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 7 Venice in Jan
- 8 Trieste as a day trip?
- 9 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 10 Lucerne & Zurich
- 11 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 12 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 13 Trip around Spain
- 14 Lake como
- 15 Getting around in Tuscany
- 16 Rome L. Argentina Ruins - Can they be explored or just viewed from street?
- 17 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 18 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 19 Public transport from Ostuni
- 20 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 21 British drivers
- 22 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 23 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 24 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 25 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins