My kids and I will be accompanying my mom back to her homeland, Innsbruck, Austria this summer. We plan to go for three weeks. We plan to spend 4-5 days in Austria with her, then my kids and I will be travelling around Europe a bit. This will be their first trip outside the US, I visited Austria once with my Mom when I was in high school, but didn't travel around Europe then. They have mentioned they would like to see the Colosseum, Pompeii, and the Eiffel Tower. Here is what I was thinking for an itinerary and am looking for advice.
4 days/3nights in Rome (would plan to do day trip to Pompeii)
2 days/1 night in Venice
3 days/2nights in Paris
Am I crazy, is this too much? I'd love to see the Sistine Chapel and the Louvre, but they haven't shown much interest in those places.
Any and all advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 2 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 3 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 4 First Trip to Paris
- 5 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 6 Guide in Russia
- 7 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 8 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 9 Train travel
- 10 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 11 B&Bs in Ireland
- 12 travel fan 220v?
- 13 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 14 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 15 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 16 WWI Battlefields
- 17 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 18 Visiting Zurich
- 19 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 20 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 21 Switzerland
- 22 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 23 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 24 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 25 Zadar or Sibenik
Mom travelling Europe with two children (12 & 13) looking for advice