My kids and I will be accompanying my mom back to her homeland, Innsbruck, Austria this summer. We plan to go for three weeks. We plan to spend 4-5 days in Austria with her, then my kids and I will be travelling around Europe a bit. This will be their first trip outside the US, I visited Austria once with my Mom when I was in high school, but didn't travel around Europe then. They have mentioned they would like to see the Colosseum, Pompeii, and the Eiffel Tower. Here is what I was thinking for an itinerary and am looking for advice.
4 days/3nights in Rome (would plan to do day trip to Pompeii)
2 days/1 night in Venice
3 days/2nights in Paris
Am I crazy, is this too much? I'd love to see the Sistine Chapel and the Louvre, but they haven't shown much interest in those places.
Any and all advice is appreciated.
Mom travelling Europe with two children (12 & 13) looking for advice
- 1 Approx taxi cost: CDG airport to Paris(7th arr)?
- 2 If an AirBerlin flight arrives in Rome at 11:30 ...
- 3 Istanbul - Topkapi book recommendation?
- 4 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 5 Quaint/family run place in Nuremberg?
- 6 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 7 Best neighborhood to stay in in Munich?
- 8 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 9 Berlin to Dresden to Prague in eight days
- 10 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 11 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 12 Backpacking through Europe
- 13 Rhine River Intinerary
- 14 Ireland----the isle of pleasant surprises!
- 15 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 16 Ah Paris
- 17 Estonia
- 18 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 19 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 20 Ireland's Murphy's Pub's
- 21 Visa to TURKEY
- 22 I Need To Vent!
- 23 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 24 8 hour layover in Frankfurt of 5/21
- 25 Bus from Sorrento to Naples Airport