My kids and I will be accompanying my mom back to her homeland, Innsbruck, Austria this summer. We plan to go for three weeks. We plan to spend 4-5 days in Austria with her, then my kids and I will be travelling around Europe a bit. This will be their first trip outside the US, I visited Austria once with my Mom when I was in high school, but didn't travel around Europe then. They have mentioned they would like to see the Colosseum, Pompeii, and the Eiffel Tower. Here is what I was thinking for an itinerary and am looking for advice.
4 days/3nights in Rome (would plan to do day trip to Pompeii)
2 days/1 night in Venice
3 days/2nights in Paris
Am I crazy, is this too much? I'd love to see the Sistine Chapel and the Louvre, but they haven't shown much interest in those places.
Any and all advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks itinerary for Norway & Sweden
- 2 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 3 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 4 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 5 One Way... trust or bust?
- 6 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 7 Cost of Van from CDG
- 8 San Vino
- 9 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 10 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 11 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 12 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 13 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
- 14 Walking GPS?
- 15 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 16 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 17 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 18 Croatian islands
- 19 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 20 Fake police scam in Budapest
- 21 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 22 After Mass, on a Sunday, in Rome
- 23 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 24 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 25 Girls trip - Lisbon
Mom travelling Europe with two children (12 & 13) looking for advice