I have a problem. I have this thing for post-communist countries...maybe it has something to do with studying this in DEPTH for two years in High School...I don't know where this obsession statred...but it eixists and my thirst for knowledge and adventure nees to be quenched!
I will be doing a South-East European trip in March/April. I am going back to Moldova. I was there almost 4 years ago, and I'd like to see what has changed! On top of this...I want to go back and go to Transnistiria (I wanted to go last time, but was advised not to...due to border issues and policing, and danger of being inprisoned and whatnot)
Somehow I can't believe it really is as bad as that person who told me about this made it out to be. I am now 4 years older and wiser, and actually an adult (as opposed to my 17 years of age back then). So I ask you! Lovely Fordors community!
Has anyone been to Transnistiria? Is it as awesomely communist as it tells me on the internet? Does it really feel like you are standing in a small Moscow of the Stalinist era?
Also, how dangerous is it really to go there? I mean, there are very regular buses that go from Chisinau to Tiraspol..so it can't be THAT bad right? Please, if you have any experience or knowledge about this part of the world just share your thoughts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 2 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 3 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 4 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 5 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 6 transfer from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport
- 7 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 8 Madrid city centre?
- 9 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 10 More Info >>> http://boosthightestosterones.com/nitrobuild-plus/
- 11 Southern Italy
- 12 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 13 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 14 European Travel in March
- 15 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 16 Europe itinerary
- 17 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 18 Iceland in 4 days?
- 19 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 20 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 21 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 22 Favorite restaurants in Amsterdam
- 23 Barcelona extension
- 24 Ireland driving itinerary
- 25 Slovania & Croatia