I have a problem. I have this thing for post-communist countries...maybe it has something to do with studying this in DEPTH for two years in High School...I don't know where this obsession statred...but it eixists and my thirst for knowledge and adventure nees to be quenched!
I will be doing a South-East European trip in March/April. I am going back to Moldova. I was there almost 4 years ago, and I'd like to see what has changed! On top of this...I want to go back and go to Transnistiria (I wanted to go last time, but was advised not to...due to border issues and policing, and danger of being inprisoned and whatnot)
Somehow I can't believe it really is as bad as that person who told me about this made it out to be. I am now 4 years older and wiser, and actually an adult (as opposed to my 17 years of age back then). So I ask you! Lovely Fordors community!
Has anyone been to Transnistiria? Is it as awesomely communist as it tells me on the internet? Does it really feel like you are standing in a small Moscow of the Stalinist era?
Also, how dangerous is it really to go there? I mean, there are very regular buses that go from Chisinau to Tiraspol..so it can't be THAT bad right? Please, if you have any experience or knowledge about this part of the world just share your thoughts
Moldova and Transnistiria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Granada
- 2 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 3 Coffee in Naples
- 4 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 5 22 year olds in Europe
- 6 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 7 A Sardinia trip report
- 8 Eastern Europe
- 9 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 10 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 11 Azores
- 12 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 13 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 14 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 15 All Set To Go!!
- 16 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 17 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 18 4 weeks in the UK
- 19 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 20 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 21 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 22 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 23 First time to Switzerland
- 24 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 25 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions