I have a problem. I have this thing for post-communist countries...maybe it has something to do with studying this in DEPTH for two years in High School...I don't know where this obsession statred...but it eixists and my thirst for knowledge and adventure nees to be quenched!
I will be doing a South-East European trip in March/April. I am going back to Moldova. I was there almost 4 years ago, and I'd like to see what has changed! On top of this...I want to go back and go to Transnistiria (I wanted to go last time, but was advised not to...due to border issues and policing, and danger of being inprisoned and whatnot)
Somehow I can't believe it really is as bad as that person who told me about this made it out to be. I am now 4 years older and wiser, and actually an adult (as opposed to my 17 years of age back then). So I ask you! Lovely Fordors community!
Has anyone been to Transnistiria? Is it as awesomely communist as it tells me on the internet? Does it really feel like you are standing in a small Moscow of the Stalinist era?
Also, how dangerous is it really to go there? I mean, there are very regular buses that go from Chisinau to Tiraspol..so it can't be THAT bad right? Please, if you have any experience or knowledge about this part of the world just share your thoughts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 2 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 3 Algarve - is it for me?
- 4 Amsterdam Anne Frank House
- 5 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 6 Which area to stay in London
- 7 Itinery help Crete
- 8 Naples + Walking Tour
- 9 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 10 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 11 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 12 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 13 TIM in FCO - update
- 14 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 15 16 days in France and Italy
- 16 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 17 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 18 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 19 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 20 Madrid food advice needed
- 21 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 22 Iceland trip report!
- 23 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 24 Paris for children
- 25 Germany/Switzerland Help