I have a problem. I have this thing for post-communist countries...maybe it has something to do with studying this in DEPTH for two years in High School...I don't know where this obsession statred...but it eixists and my thirst for knowledge and adventure nees to be quenched!
I will be doing a South-East European trip in March/April. I am going back to Moldova. I was there almost 4 years ago, and I'd like to see what has changed! On top of this...I want to go back and go to Transnistiria (I wanted to go last time, but was advised not to...due to border issues and policing, and danger of being inprisoned and whatnot)
Somehow I can't believe it really is as bad as that person who told me about this made it out to be. I am now 4 years older and wiser, and actually an adult (as opposed to my 17 years of age back then). So I ask you! Lovely Fordors community!
Has anyone been to Transnistiria? Is it as awesomely communist as it tells me on the internet? Does it really feel like you are standing in a small Moscow of the Stalinist era?
Also, how dangerous is it really to go there? I mean, there are very regular buses that go from Chisinau to Tiraspol..so it can't be THAT bad right? Please, if you have any experience or knowledge about this part of the world just share your thoughts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seville in late January
- 2 Berlin restaurant recs
- 3 Travel WiFi - France
- 4 Guides - Matera
- 5 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 6 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 7 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 8 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 9 3 days to spend in europe
- 10 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 11 RFID Protection
- 12 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 13 Spain Trip Report
- 14 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 15 20 free days of Europe
- 16 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 17 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 18 Limo from Heathrow
- 19 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 20 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 21 Iceland Trip report
- 22 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 23 What's the Best way to go to çekirge bursa
- 24 Gelato course in Rome?
- 25 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona