I have a problem. I have this thing for post-communist countries...maybe it has something to do with studying this in DEPTH for two years in High School...I don't know where this obsession statred...but it eixists and my thirst for knowledge and adventure nees to be quenched!
I will be doing a South-East European trip in March/April. I am going back to Moldova. I was there almost 4 years ago, and I'd like to see what has changed! On top of this...I want to go back and go to Transnistiria (I wanted to go last time, but was advised not to...due to border issues and policing, and danger of being inprisoned and whatnot)
Somehow I can't believe it really is as bad as that person who told me about this made it out to be. I am now 4 years older and wiser, and actually an adult (as opposed to my 17 years of age back then). So I ask you! Lovely Fordors community!
Has anyone been to Transnistiria? Is it as awesomely communist as it tells me on the internet? Does it really feel like you are standing in a small Moscow of the Stalinist era?
Also, how dangerous is it really to go there? I mean, there are very regular buses that go from Chisinau to Tiraspol..so it can't be THAT bad right? Please, if you have any experience or knowledge about this part of the world just share your thoughts
Moldova and Transnistiria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 2 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 3 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 4 Need help on best 7 day Istanbul / Cappadocia end of April itinerary
- 5 active activities in Marmaris, Myrina (Lemnos), and Patmos?
- 6 Madrid and London
- 7 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 8 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 9 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 10 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 11 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 12 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 13 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 14 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 15 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 16 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 17 2 weeks in Europe
- 18 Matisse at Tate
- 19 Ireland Southwest
- 20 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 21 Restaurant Recommendations for Lisbon
- 22 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 23 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 24 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 25 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich