I have a problem. I have this thing for post-communist countries...maybe it has something to do with studying this in DEPTH for two years in High School...I don't know where this obsession statred...but it eixists and my thirst for knowledge and adventure nees to be quenched!
I will be doing a South-East European trip in March/April. I am going back to Moldova. I was there almost 4 years ago, and I'd like to see what has changed! On top of this...I want to go back and go to Transnistiria (I wanted to go last time, but was advised not to...due to border issues and policing, and danger of being inprisoned and whatnot)
Somehow I can't believe it really is as bad as that person who told me about this made it out to be. I am now 4 years older and wiser, and actually an adult (as opposed to my 17 years of age back then). So I ask you! Lovely Fordors community!
Has anyone been to Transnistiria? Is it as awesomely communist as it tells me on the internet? Does it really feel like you are standing in a small Moscow of the Stalinist era?
Also, how dangerous is it really to go there? I mean, there are very regular buses that go from Chisinau to Tiraspol..so it can't be THAT bad right? Please, if you have any experience or knowledge about this part of the world just share your thoughts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 2 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 3 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 4 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 5 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 6 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 7 Bernina Express mid-March
- 8 Ireland travel passport question
- 9 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 where to stay in London?
- 12 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 13 vienna
- 14 4 days itinerary for France
- 15 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 16 Questions about Polish sights
- 17 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 18 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 19 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 20 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 21 Juangfrau / mt
- 22 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 25 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days