I have a problem. I have this thing for post-communist countries...maybe it has something to do with studying this in DEPTH for two years in High School...I don't know where this obsession statred...but it eixists and my thirst for knowledge and adventure nees to be quenched!
I will be doing a South-East European trip in March/April. I am going back to Moldova. I was there almost 4 years ago, and I'd like to see what has changed! On top of this...I want to go back and go to Transnistiria (I wanted to go last time, but was advised not to...due to border issues and policing, and danger of being inprisoned and whatnot)
Somehow I can't believe it really is as bad as that person who told me about this made it out to be. I am now 4 years older and wiser, and actually an adult (as opposed to my 17 years of age back then). So I ask you! Lovely Fordors community!
Has anyone been to Transnistiria? Is it as awesomely communist as it tells me on the internet? Does it really feel like you are standing in a small Moscow of the Stalinist era?
Also, how dangerous is it really to go there? I mean, there are very regular buses that go from Chisinau to Tiraspol..so it can't be THAT bad right? Please, if you have any experience or knowledge about this part of the world just share your thoughts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 2 September Mediterranean Honeymoon
- 3 Budapest Evening Cruise?
- 4 Feedback Please: Honeymoon Itinerary....first draft
- 5 American looking for any work in Italy
- 6 Buying a SIM in Spain and using it in Italy, France and the UK also
- 7 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 8 London-Paris solo trip
- 9 Castles in Southern Wales
- 10 ROME JEWISH GHETTO - directions needed
- 11 Britain Itinerary Suggestions
- 12 Advice on Portugal for August honeymoon please
- 13 15 nights in Italy
- 14 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 15 Dublin to Dingle?
- 16 Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)
- 17 Overnight Layover -London
- 18 Mom's Retirement Trip (of a Lifetime)
- 19 Flamenco in Sevilla
- 20 Five City European Vacation thru Groupon
- 21 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 22 Glencoe As A Base in Scotland?
- 23 Two days in Switzerland or Lake Como Italy
- 24 Northern Italy
- 25 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam