I have a problem. I have this thing for post-communist countries...maybe it has something to do with studying this in DEPTH for two years in High School...I don't know where this obsession statred...but it eixists and my thirst for knowledge and adventure nees to be quenched!
I will be doing a South-East European trip in March/April. I am going back to Moldova. I was there almost 4 years ago, and I'd like to see what has changed! On top of this...I want to go back and go to Transnistiria (I wanted to go last time, but was advised not to...due to border issues and policing, and danger of being inprisoned and whatnot)
Somehow I can't believe it really is as bad as that person who told me about this made it out to be. I am now 4 years older and wiser, and actually an adult (as opposed to my 17 years of age back then). So I ask you! Lovely Fordors community!
Has anyone been to Transnistiria? Is it as awesomely communist as it tells me on the internet? Does it really feel like you are standing in a small Moscow of the Stalinist era?
Also, how dangerous is it really to go there? I mean, there are very regular buses that go from Chisinau to Tiraspol..so it can't be THAT bad right? Please, if you have any experience or knowledge about this part of the world just share your thoughts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 2 http://www.muscle4power.com/max-testo-Xl/
- 3 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 4 Travel vs. Babies
- 5 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 6 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 7 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 8 Vienna or Budapest?
- 9 Paris with Layover in Munich. Can we leave the airport?
- 10 Andalucia in December
- 11 Spain for 2 weeks in April but what parts?
- 12 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 13 Will you skip Vienna for other city?
- 14 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 15 Rome to Florence Road Trip, Vineyard Recommendations
- 16 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 17 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 18 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 19 Budapest Hotels
- 20 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 21 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 22 London's Must Sights!
- 23 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 24 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 25 First Time Solo Travel info