Friends traveling to France next month. They will use my two unlocked GSM quad band mobile phones. Should they purchase a SIM card for use in France prior to leaving the USA or wait until they get to Paris? Is there any cost savings in waiting to purchase a SIM card there and what sort of ID do they need to purchase and where do they purchase in Paris? If they purchase SIM card in USA where should they purchase it? I've used callineurope.com while in Italy -- is that the best deal or is there anything else out there in the USA? They can purchase ORANGE card on ebay but don't know much about ORANGE -- does that card then include a France phone number and minutes? They would be calling mostly to keep track of each other while traveling and an occasional call back to the States.
Mobile Phone use in France Buy SIM in USA or France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland travel in December
- 2 Ireland Itinerary - feedback requested
- 3 Advice for Seville in September, especially for the Bienale de flamenco?
- 4 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 5 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 6 Decision time...
- 7 Be careful in Vienna
- 8 Italy - unusually so
- 9 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 10 Spain in November
- 11 Slow travel Lisbon and ??? in Portugal in early Nov.--2 weeks
- 12 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 13 How to get to Plaka from Athens airport in the least expensive way?
- 14 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 15 About cars in Austria
- 16 England/EPL family vacation
- 17 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 18 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 19 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 20 Never To Return
- 21 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 22 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 23 Authentic czech food
- 24 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 25 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!