Friends traveling to France next month. They will use my two unlocked GSM quad band mobile phones. Should they purchase a SIM card for use in France prior to leaving the USA or wait until they get to Paris? Is there any cost savings in waiting to purchase a SIM card there and what sort of ID do they need to purchase and where do they purchase in Paris? If they purchase SIM card in USA where should they purchase it? I've used callineurope.com while in Italy -- is that the best deal or is there anything else out there in the USA? They can purchase ORANGE card on ebay but don't know much about ORANGE -- does that card then include a France phone number and minutes? They would be calling mostly to keep track of each other while traveling and an occasional call back to the States.
Mobile Phone use in France Buy SIM in USA or France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 2 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 3 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 4 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 5 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 6 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 7 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 8 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 9 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 10 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 11 Is my plan ok
- 12 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 13 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 14 5 Observations About Paris
- 15 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 16 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 17 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 18 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 19 Southern Spain
- 20 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 21 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 22 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 23 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 24 Scotland November 2015
- 25 Luggage storage in Barcelona