Friends traveling to France next month. They will use my two unlocked GSM quad band mobile phones. Should they purchase a SIM card for use in France prior to leaving the USA or wait until they get to Paris? Is there any cost savings in waiting to purchase a SIM card there and what sort of ID do they need to purchase and where do they purchase in Paris? If they purchase SIM card in USA where should they purchase it? I've used callineurope.com while in Italy -- is that the best deal or is there anything else out there in the USA? They can purchase ORANGE card on ebay but don't know much about ORANGE -- does that card then include a France phone number and minutes? They would be calling mostly to keep track of each other while traveling and an occasional call back to the States.
Mobile Phone use in France Buy SIM in USA or France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Europe
- 2 Matisse at Tate
- 3 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 4 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 5 Bologna airport to train to Florence
- 6 London and Where Else in late December?
- 7 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 8 Small Group walking tour Switzerland
- 9 Andaluzia - where to stay in Seville and Malaga?
- 10 Istanbul Itinerary
- 11 Germany and Poland Itinerary - Would appreciate feedback
- 12 Bologna tips
- 13 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 14 Edinburgh - outings?
- 15 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 16 Spain - Cadaques to Girona
- 17 plug adaptors for Switzerland
- 18 What to wear
- 19 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 20 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 21 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 22 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 23 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 24 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 25 Madrid and London