For all of you that followed my earlier thread about doing a driving trip July in Eastern Europe, thank you so much! Now that we are actually on our way and know our nightly stops, I thought maybe all you German and Austrian experts could chime in with some advice on interesting stops for lunch or sightseeing for this first part of our trip. After we finish up I will knit it all into a trip report for others . I thought I would also do a first "mini" trip report on our first day of the trip since everyone is always so generous.
So we are currently in Strasbourg arriving early evening yesterday. We ate at a lovely regional restaurant called Le Rutsch http://le-rutsch.fr/ Since we were arriving sort of last minute on a Saturday night, it was hard to get a reservation at the top 10 ranked places, but we were really surprised at how good and thoughtfully presented the food was. For example, the owner gave me the name of a fromagerie (cheese store) whose owner is a "MOF" in cheese. That is a big deal in France since it is a very hard status to be awarded: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meilleur_Ouvrier_de_France
Also, it was a in a charming little neighborhood where we could park-so a bonus there! We had thought to take the bus, but on Saturday night, the schedule was the greatest, so driving turned out to be okay. Ans the owner explained that the Rutsch is a word that describes a little glass that you slide across a big serving table to get refilled with lovely Alsatian wine, so that was also a fun"aside".
Okay, so now for the questions. We will be driving from here in Strasbourg on to Munich on Monday, where we only spend one night, then on to Salzberg where we will be based for 2 nights. Since the drive to Munich is short-3 hours, I wondered if there are nice places to consider a stop or to eat lunch? We are actually staying in Garching bei München, which is north of Munich itself, since we aren't really focusing on Munich as a destination this trip. We just had to make some choices and decided we wanted more time in Budapest and Slovenia. But of course a great restaurant for dinner that night is always appreciated.
Same thing with the trip to Salzberg. It is 2 hours, so pretty short. Are there interesting places to stop and enjoy (and eat-I know I am food obsessed!). In Salzberg we will have 3 days, so any other city info would be appreciated. There we are staying along the Elisabethkai on the west side of the city. So any not to miss things in the city itself would also be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need final tweaks on Greece trip and restaurant recs!
- 2 메이저놀이터추천『ZVZ78。COM』메이저놀이터추천∑메이저놀이터추천
- 3 슈퍼카지노【KBK99。COM】원정카지노체험づ정선카지노입장료
- 4 My Topic Title아시안카지노【KBK99。COM】에이플러스카지노체험づ외국인전용카지노
- 5 엔젤바카라【XAX111.ＣoM】코리아바카라
- 6 아시아바카라【KBK99。COM】국내호텔카지노주소づ정선카지노리조트
- 7 메이저놀이터『ZVZ78。COM』메이저놀이터∑메이저놀이터
- 8 My Topic Title온라인카지노【KBK99。COM】소라카지노체험づ국내카지노딜러
- 9 라마다바카라【XAX111.ＣoM】코리아카지노
- 10 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼베이카지노
- 11 바카라사이트【KBK99。COM】사설해외카지노주소づ워커힐카지노예약
- 12 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼바둑이족보
- 13 카지노사이트【KBK99。COM】합법해외카지노주소づ강원카지노이기는법
- 14 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼바카라가입머니
- 15 영종도바카라【XAX111.ＣoM】바카라사이트
- 16 슈퍼카지노【KBK99。COM】온라인정선카지노주소づ실전머니카지노
- 17 My Topic Title아시안바카라【KBK99。COM】엔젤카지노주소づ와와바카라
- 18 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼복불복게임
- 19 세븐럭바카라【XAX111.ＣoM】카지노사이트
- 20 아시안카지노【KBK99。COM】라이브카지노주소づ바카라이벤트
- 21 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼피망포커
- 22 카지노베팅【XAX111.ＣoM】아시안바카라
- 23 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼실시간바카라
- 24 스타일카지노【XAX111.ＣoM】아시안카지노
- 25 아시아바카라【KBK99。COM】와와바카라주소づ하나바카라
Mini trip report night 1 Strasburg & a few questions for Germany & Austria.