For all of you that followed my earlier thread about doing a driving trip July in Eastern Europe, thank you so much! Now that we are actually on our way and know our nightly stops, I thought maybe all you German and Austrian experts could chime in with some advice on interesting stops for lunch or sightseeing for this first part of our trip. After we finish up I will knit it all into a trip report for others . I thought I would also do a first "mini" trip report on our first day of the trip since everyone is always so generous.
So we are currently in Strasbourg arriving early evening yesterday. We ate at a lovely regional restaurant called Le Rutsch http://le-rutsch.fr/ Since we were arriving sort of last minute on a Saturday night, it was hard to get a reservation at the top 10 ranked places, but we were really surprised at how good and thoughtfully presented the food was. For example, the owner gave me the name of a fromagerie (cheese store) whose owner is a "MOF" in cheese. That is a big deal in France since it is a very hard status to be awarded: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meilleur_Ouvrier_de_France
Also, it was a in a charming little neighborhood where we could park-so a bonus there! We had thought to take the bus, but on Saturday night, the schedule was the greatest, so driving turned out to be okay. Ans the owner explained that the Rutsch is a word that describes a little glass that you slide across a big serving table to get refilled with lovely Alsatian wine, so that was also a fun"aside".
Okay, so now for the questions. We will be driving from here in Strasbourg on to Munich on Monday, where we only spend one night, then on to Salzberg where we will be based for 2 nights. Since the drive to Munich is short-3 hours, I wondered if there are nice places to consider a stop or to eat lunch? We are actually staying in Garching bei München, which is north of Munich itself, since we aren't really focusing on Munich as a destination this trip. We just had to make some choices and decided we wanted more time in Budapest and Slovenia. But of course a great restaurant for dinner that night is always appreciated.
Same thing with the trip to Salzberg. It is 2 hours, so pretty short. Are there interesting places to stop and enjoy (and eat-I know I am food obsessed!). In Salzberg we will have 3 days, so any other city info would be appreciated. There we are staying along the Elisabethkai on the west side of the city. So any not to miss things in the city itself would also be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 www.adal.ml 아찔한달리기 광교오피 광교건마 광교휴게텔 광교마사지 광교키스방
- 2 파주오피 아달 파주건마 www.adal.ml 파주휴게텔 파주마사지 파주키스방
- 3 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 4 길동오피 아달 www.adal.ml 길동건마 길동휴게텔 길동마사지 길동키스방
- 5 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 6 구의오피 아찔한 달리기 www.adal.ml 구의건마 구의휴게텔 구의마사지 구의키스방
- 7 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 8 Southern Croatia and side trips itinerary recommendations
- 9 아찔한달리기 www.adal.ml 제주도오피 제주도건마 제주도휴게텔 제주도마사지
- 10 시흥오피 아찔한 달리기 시흥건마 www.adal.ml 시흥휴게텔 시흥마사지 시흥키스방
- 11 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 12 "Never Mind"
- 13 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 14 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 15 Prague itinerary advice
- 16 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 17 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 18 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 19 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 20 Italian lakes
- 21 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 22 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 23 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 24 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 25 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
Mini trip report night 1 Strasburg & a few questions for Germany & Austria.