Hi all -
I need lots of advice for my upcoming 5 day trip. (very short because my husband is self employed)
We land at MXP and I have reserved a Ford Grand C Max which I plan to drive to the Grand Hotel Tremezzo. Easy to find my way with a map? Hotel OK? While we're there we plan to rent bikes two morning, boat over to Belaggio and tour Villa Carlotta. What is not to be missed? Great restaurants? Is the restaurant on the island (I'm blanking on the name right now) is too touristy? We are shameless foodies.
If by chance anyone reading is a cyclist, please suggest low-traffic, mountainous routes from either Tremezzo or Cernobbio. I think the rental bikes will fit in our rental car.
After spending Wed, Thur, and Fri morning around Como, I have a delimma. Drive to Milan and spend the rest of Fri and Sat exploring Milan? Or drive to Genoa for Friday, then back to Milan for Saturday. OR....give up the rental at MXP , take the train in to Milan for Friday, and then do a guided motorcoach excursion to Genoa. FYI, neither of us have ever seen the Med.
Suggestions for sites/restaurants in Milan/Genoa greatly appreciated.
I know that's a lot, I appreciate any help anyone would offer!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 2 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 3 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 4 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 5 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 6 Italy Car Scam
- 7 Barcelona alternative
- 8 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 11 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 12 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 13 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 14 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 15 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 16 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 17 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 18 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 19 Road trip with our dog
- 20 Can parking
- 21 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 22 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 23 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 24 Douro Valley in January?
- 25 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
Hi all -