Hi all -
I need lots of advice for my upcoming 5 day trip. (very short because my husband is self employed)
We land at MXP and I have reserved a Ford Grand C Max which I plan to drive to the Grand Hotel Tremezzo. Easy to find my way with a map? Hotel OK? While we're there we plan to rent bikes two morning, boat over to Belaggio and tour Villa Carlotta. What is not to be missed? Great restaurants? Is the restaurant on the island (I'm blanking on the name right now) is too touristy? We are shameless foodies.
If by chance anyone reading is a cyclist, please suggest low-traffic, mountainous routes from either Tremezzo or Cernobbio. I think the rental bikes will fit in our rental car.
After spending Wed, Thur, and Fri morning around Como, I have a delimma. Drive to Milan and spend the rest of Fri and Sat exploring Milan? Or drive to Genoa for Friday, then back to Milan for Saturday. OR....give up the rental at MXP , take the train in to Milan for Friday, and then do a guided motorcoach excursion to Genoa. FYI, neither of us have ever seen the Med.
Suggestions for sites/restaurants in Milan/Genoa greatly appreciated.
I know that's a lot, I appreciate any help anyone would offer!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 2 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 3 Amalfi Coast help
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Sicily
- 6 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 7 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 8 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 9 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 10 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 11 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 12 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 13 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 14 Where to buy Saffron?
- 15 English Countryside
- 16 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 17 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 18 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 19 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 20 Super Cover For Hertz
- 21 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 22 4 days itinerary for France
- 23 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 24 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 25 Is it worth it to drive into Positano...& Amalfi Coast by land or sea?
Hi all -