I would love some guidance! My husband, 8 year old daughter and I are flying to Milan in January and 12 days later flying out of Venice. We don't expect to really spend time in Milan, just land, sleep and leave the next day.
In between we have to make at least a 2 day stop in Borgo a Mozzano to see family and know we want to spend a few days in Florence and a couple days in Venice.
Other than that, we are not sure where would be best to spend our time. We love food and wine and look forward to exploring. Thankfully our daughter is a great traveler and not a picky eater!
Our initial plan is to have a car between Milan and Florence and then turn it in and take the train from Florence to Venice. Good idea? Bad idea?
Any suggested itineraries would be so greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Split to Hvar
- 2 Paris for children
- 3 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 4 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 5 Madrid food advice needed
- 6 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 7 Which area to stay in London
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 10 Algarve - is it for me?
- 11 Amsterdam Anne Frank House
- 12 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 13 Itinery help Crete
- 14 Naples + Walking Tour
- 15 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 16 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 17 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 18 TIM in FCO - update
- 19 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 20 16 days in France and Italy
- 21 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 22 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 24 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 25 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria