I would love some guidance! My husband, 8 year old daughter and I are flying to Milan in January and 12 days later flying out of Venice. We don't expect to really spend time in Milan, just land, sleep and leave the next day.
In between we have to make at least a 2 day stop in Borgo a Mozzano to see family and know we want to spend a few days in Florence and a couple days in Venice.
Other than that, we are not sure where would be best to spend our time. We love food and wine and look forward to exploring. Thankfully our daughter is a great traveler and not a picky eater!
Our initial plan is to have a car between Milan and Florence and then turn it in and take the train from Florence to Venice. Good idea? Bad idea?
Any suggested itineraries would be so greatly appreciated.
Milan - Venice in 12 days. Where do we go in-between?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bordeaux - how many nights? and what else in a week in that area?
- 2 Trip to Russia – get the most!
- 3 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 4 Why Bilbao is the perfect getaway for foodies...
- 5 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 6 European Quiz: Tuesday # 67 - Seaside Resorts!
- 7 Stop between Munich and Frankfurt
- 8 Thinking of visiting Iceland in May (1st May - 10th May)
- 9 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 10 17 days in Spain, best itinerary?
- 11 Hotel in Lisbon
- 12 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 13 Tyrol - need general help
- 14 Should we take the Bernina Express or not? Other Suggestions??
- 15 Italy food budget
- 16 What Irish/English map is best to have for an Ireland driving vacation
- 17 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 18 Paris, One night for a foodie
- 19 Sorrento - Positano- Amalfie- Revello- tour- by cab?
- 20 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 21 Munich accommodations
- 22 4 week itinerary for German - France - Italy ...too much?
- 23 RER B & D change at G du Nord or Chatelet?
- 24 buying souviners and art
- 25 Costa Brava for woman traveling alone in June