I would love some guidance! My husband, 8 year old daughter and I are flying to Milan in January and 12 days later flying out of Venice. We don't expect to really spend time in Milan, just land, sleep and leave the next day.
In between we have to make at least a 2 day stop in Borgo a Mozzano to see family and know we want to spend a few days in Florence and a couple days in Venice.
Other than that, we are not sure where would be best to spend our time. We love food and wine and look forward to exploring. Thankfully our daughter is a great traveler and not a picky eater!
Our initial plan is to have a car between Milan and Florence and then turn it in and take the train from Florence to Venice. Good idea? Bad idea?
Any suggested itineraries would be so greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help in travel planning
- 2 Help wanted! Ideas for Europe by wheelchair (or boat!)
- 3 T Mobile Extends High Speed Data
- 4 Excess insurance
- 5 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 6 London: Battle of the badges
- 7 Flying into Dublin have 10 days to explore Europe
- 8 Arcachon Bassin--best area to stay
- 9 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 10 RHK's Fall escape
- 11 Scotland 1-week itinerary: Edinburgh + Highlands
- 12 Croatia in 7 days
- 13 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 14 Need Ideas for hiking in Europe
- 15 Loire Valley itinerary
- 16 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 17 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 18 Europe Itinerary
- 19 Based in Reykjavik for 8 nights, but I want to see further out??
- 20 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 21 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 22 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 23 Germany train/bus question
- 24 Wengen vs Grindelwald
- 25 Paris lunch on the cheap / restos pas tres cher