I would love some guidance! My husband, 8 year old daughter and I are flying to Milan in January and 12 days later flying out of Venice. We don't expect to really spend time in Milan, just land, sleep and leave the next day.
In between we have to make at least a 2 day stop in Borgo a Mozzano to see family and know we want to spend a few days in Florence and a couple days in Venice.
Other than that, we are not sure where would be best to spend our time. We love food and wine and look forward to exploring. Thankfully our daughter is a great traveler and not a picky eater!
Our initial plan is to have a car between Milan and Florence and then turn it in and take the train from Florence to Venice. Good idea? Bad idea?
Any suggested itineraries would be so greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 2 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 5 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 6 base in brussels
- 7 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 8 Rome or Venice first
- 9 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 10 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 11 Uber vs. TfL
- 12 Berlin
- 13 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 14 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 15 One free day in Barcelona
- 16 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 17 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 18 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 19 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 21 Lille Braderie 2017
- 22 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 23 Apartment Montreux area
- 24 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 25 Norther Spain first Iteniary