I would love some guidance! My husband, 8 year old daughter and I are flying to Milan in January and 12 days later flying out of Venice. We don't expect to really spend time in Milan, just land, sleep and leave the next day.
In between we have to make at least a 2 day stop in Borgo a Mozzano to see family and know we want to spend a few days in Florence and a couple days in Venice.
Other than that, we are not sure where would be best to spend our time. We love food and wine and look forward to exploring. Thankfully our daughter is a great traveler and not a picky eater!
Our initial plan is to have a car between Milan and Florence and then turn it in and take the train from Florence to Venice. Good idea? Bad idea?
Any suggested itineraries would be so greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 2 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 3 Ireland itinerary help please
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 6 CDG much improved
- 7 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 8 St Denis Cathedral
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 12 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 13 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 14 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 15 Rouen Tour Companies
- 16 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 17 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 18 Ronda Wine/biking
- 19 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 20 Italy bus or train
- 21 May get together in Paris
- 22 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 24 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 25 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?