I would love some guidance! My husband, 8 year old daughter and I are flying to Milan in January and 12 days later flying out of Venice. We don't expect to really spend time in Milan, just land, sleep and leave the next day.
In between we have to make at least a 2 day stop in Borgo a Mozzano to see family and know we want to spend a few days in Florence and a couple days in Venice.
Other than that, we are not sure where would be best to spend our time. We love food and wine and look forward to exploring. Thankfully our daughter is a great traveler and not a picky eater!
Our initial plan is to have a car between Milan and Florence and then turn it in and take the train from Florence to Venice. Good idea? Bad idea?
Any suggested itineraries would be so greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 2 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 3 Tipping for private van/bus driver in Ireland?
- 4 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 5 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 6 Train Help
- 7 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 8 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice
- 9 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 10 Austria
- 11 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 12 Salento penninsula
- 13 Train rides
- 14 What about Basque Country?
- 15 Bursa/Iznik
- 16 Paris dinner cruises...best of the best if there is such a thing
- 17 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 18 Tuscany Region - Rental Car or Public Transportation?
- 19 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 20 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 21 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 22 Charles Degaulle question
- 23 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 24 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 25 12 days in Austria