I would love some guidance! My husband, 8 year old daughter and I are flying to Milan in January and 12 days later flying out of Venice. We don't expect to really spend time in Milan, just land, sleep and leave the next day.
In between we have to make at least a 2 day stop in Borgo a Mozzano to see family and know we want to spend a few days in Florence and a couple days in Venice.
Other than that, we are not sure where would be best to spend our time. We love food and wine and look forward to exploring. Thankfully our daughter is a great traveler and not a picky eater!
Our initial plan is to have a car between Milan and Florence and then turn it in and take the train from Florence to Venice. Good idea? Bad idea?
Any suggested itineraries would be so greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I'm 18. Am I too young to backpack through Europe?
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 4 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 5 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 6 UK Theatre site won't accept US zip code
- 7 Southern France Small Towns for Expat Retirement
- 8 Best Greek Island
- 9 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 10 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 11 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 12 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 13 Night Bus?
- 14 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 15 Spain in November
- 16 What to chowe..Tomar, Alcobaca, Batalha
- 17 Italian coastal area Genoa and south--low key, active, scenic
- 18 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 19 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 20 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 21 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 22 Warsaw/Krakow other lovely towns?
- 23 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 24 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 25 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland