I would love some guidance! My husband, 8 year old daughter and I are flying to Milan in January and 12 days later flying out of Venice. We don't expect to really spend time in Milan, just land, sleep and leave the next day.
In between we have to make at least a 2 day stop in Borgo a Mozzano to see family and know we want to spend a few days in Florence and a couple days in Venice.
Other than that, we are not sure where would be best to spend our time. We love food and wine and look forward to exploring. Thankfully our daughter is a great traveler and not a picky eater!
Our initial plan is to have a car between Milan and Florence and then turn it in and take the train from Florence to Venice. Good idea? Bad idea?
Any suggested itineraries would be so greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 2 Trip in September
- 3 Positano Surprise
- 4 favorite app for converting US $$
- 5 Prague tour guide Ron Hoffberg
- 6 Light weight small converter?
- 7 One week in London with kids
- 8 Sunday Afternoon lunch in Antwerpen
- 9 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 10 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 11 Venice, Orvieto, Rome with Tweens Part 1.
- 12 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 13 Cornwall - St. Ives, SW Coastal Path-Travel Questions Need Answering!
- 14 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 15 SNCF - low price for summer
- 16 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 17 Dublin and Northern Ireland with public transportation
- 18 Short Visit to Munich for the Christmas markets
- 19 Italy Itinerary Advice
- 20 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 21 Best of Norway
- 22 Escorted tours Norway
- 23 Munich Hotel Location
- 24 Small towns not too near Paris
- 25 Car rental help in Sicily