I would love some guidance! My husband, 8 year old daughter and I are flying to Milan in January and 12 days later flying out of Venice. We don't expect to really spend time in Milan, just land, sleep and leave the next day.
In between we have to make at least a 2 day stop in Borgo a Mozzano to see family and know we want to spend a few days in Florence and a couple days in Venice.
Other than that, we are not sure where would be best to spend our time. We love food and wine and look forward to exploring. Thankfully our daughter is a great traveler and not a picky eater!
Our initial plan is to have a car between Milan and Florence and then turn it in and take the train from Florence to Venice. Good idea? Bad idea?
Any suggested itineraries would be so greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My 60th birthday surprises
- 2 Beaune looking for accommodation suggestions
- 3 20 Days in Europe
- 4 4 days in switzerland
- 5 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 6 Bean need accommodation suggestions
- 7 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 8 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 9 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 10 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 11 European Cooking Secrets
- 12 Beginner travelers on a budget to Marseille
- 13 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 14 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 15 March in Amsterdam 1 week spring break
- 16 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 17 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 18 Rome, Florence and a cruise this fall
- 19 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 20 Help with first time trip with family
- 21 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 22 Tuscany or Cinque Terre?
- 23 Verona or Athens?
- 24 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 25 Spain car rental questions