We're coming to the end of what has been a magnificent trip in Italy. The last 6 weeks have raced by.
I feel the trip won't be complete without a last minute trip to my favorite handbag store, Coccinelle.
Can you please guide me towards the best transport options.
Here are the constraints:
- We have a car and will leave from Ortisei (Dolomites). Can leave anytime in the morning.
- We need to be at Milan Malpensa by 5pm on Wednesday 13th June (8.45pm international flight, need to return car, get tax refunds etc before checking in).
- We need to fill up the car with petrol before returning.
So my questions:
1. how bad would it be to drive in Milan central?
2. would we be better to park the car on the outskirts and then train into the shop? (address is Via Manzoni ang. Via Bigli)
3. would we be better returning the car early and then taking public transport from Milan Malpensa into the city?
4. if parking in the centre, where would be a good place to park?
5. approx times would be helpful (e.g. expect the normal 1 hr drive from Milan CBD to airport to take 2 hrs not the 1 hr it might normally)
We are confident drivers but I confess I found finding a park on our day trip to Bolzano a bit stressful.
I'd be grateful for your advice and recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 4 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 5 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 6 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 7 5 Days in Switzerland
- 8 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 9 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 10 Spain in July
- 11 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 12 International Flight Question
- 13 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 14 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 15 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 16 We're here!
- 17 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 18 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 19 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 20 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 21 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 22 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 23 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 24 Interesting places to visit
- 25 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
Milan Transport Help please - Ortisei (Dolomites) -Milan CBD-Milan Malpensa