We're coming to the end of what has been a magnificent trip in Italy. The last 6 weeks have raced by.
I feel the trip won't be complete without a last minute trip to my favorite handbag store, Coccinelle.
Can you please guide me towards the best transport options.
Here are the constraints:
- We have a car and will leave from Ortisei (Dolomites). Can leave anytime in the morning.
- We need to be at Milan Malpensa by 5pm on Wednesday 13th June (8.45pm international flight, need to return car, get tax refunds etc before checking in).
- We need to fill up the car with petrol before returning.
So my questions:
1. how bad would it be to drive in Milan central?
2. would we be better to park the car on the outskirts and then train into the shop? (address is Via Manzoni ang. Via Bigli)
3. would we be better returning the car early and then taking public transport from Milan Malpensa into the city?
4. if parking in the centre, where would be a good place to park?
5. approx times would be helpful (e.g. expect the normal 1 hr drive from Milan CBD to airport to take 2 hrs not the 1 hr it might normally)
We are confident drivers but I confess I found finding a park on our day trip to Bolzano a bit stressful.
I'd be grateful for your advice and recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 2 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 3 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 4 San Sebastián
- 5 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 6 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 7 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 8 italy Cinque Terre
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Spanish Medical Providers
- 11 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 12 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 15 Can parking
- 16 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 17 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 18 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 19 Driving through Paris
- 20 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 21 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 22 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 23 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 25 Zurich to Milan trip
Milan Transport Help please - Ortisei (Dolomites) -Milan CBD-Milan Malpensa