We're coming to the end of what has been a magnificent trip in Italy. The last 6 weeks have raced by.
I feel the trip won't be complete without a last minute trip to my favorite handbag store, Coccinelle.
Can you please guide me towards the best transport options.
Here are the constraints:
- We have a car and will leave from Ortisei (Dolomites). Can leave anytime in the morning.
- We need to be at Milan Malpensa by 5pm on Wednesday 13th June (8.45pm international flight, need to return car, get tax refunds etc before checking in).
- We need to fill up the car with petrol before returning.
So my questions:
1. how bad would it be to drive in Milan central?
2. would we be better to park the car on the outskirts and then train into the shop? (address is Via Manzoni ang. Via Bigli)
3. would we be better returning the car early and then taking public transport from Milan Malpensa into the city?
4. if parking in the centre, where would be a good place to park?
5. approx times would be helpful (e.g. expect the normal 1 hr drive from Milan CBD to airport to take 2 hrs not the 1 hr it might normally)
We are confident drivers but I confess I found finding a park on our day trip to Bolzano a bit stressful.
I'd be grateful for your advice and recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 2 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 3 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 4 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 5 Aix Provence
- 6 Sintra
- 7 Firt time VISA applicant
- 8 Cordoba Overnight?
- 9 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 10 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 11 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 12 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 13 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 14 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 15 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 16 Murren to Prague
- 17 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 18 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 19 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 20 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 21 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 22 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 23 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 24 Uffizi Phone Number
- 25 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
Milan Transport Help please - Ortisei (Dolomites) -Milan CBD-Milan Malpensa