We'll be traveling from Milan to Zurich by train, but taking the slow route. We plan to stay in Como a day or two and would like to see (and maybe stay in) Lugano. We have several days to do this and could possibly fit in one more city along the way. Should we just distribute our time between Como and Lugano, or is there one more place that we should check out? Things we like: gardens, castles, art and science museums, and I'd be open to walking around a glacier...
The train from Como to Zurich stops in Giubiasco, Bellinzona, Arth-Goldau, and Zug. We're thinking of stepping off the train, spending 2-3 hours in one of these, and getting on a later train to resume our journey to Zurich. If we're looking for a good restaurant within 1-2km of the trainstation, nice scenery, not heavy into shopping, maybe take a walk/hike through gardens or maybe a museum -- which is a good stop for this?
Thank you very!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam hotels
- 2 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 3 Denmark or Sweden?
- 4 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 5 Trek through Eur
- 6 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 7 Europe itinerary questions
- 8 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 9 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 10 Paris hotels
- 11 London Hotels
- 12 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 We're here!
- 15 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 16 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 17 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 18 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 21 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 22 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 23 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 24 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 25 Brugge hotel help