We'll be traveling from Milan to Zurich by train, but taking the slow route. We plan to stay in Como a day or two and would like to see (and maybe stay in) Lugano. We have several days to do this and could possibly fit in one more city along the way. Should we just distribute our time between Como and Lugano, or is there one more place that we should check out? Things we like: gardens, castles, art and science museums, and I'd be open to walking around a glacier...
The train from Como to Zurich stops in Giubiasco, Bellinzona, Arth-Goldau, and Zug. We're thinking of stepping off the train, spending 2-3 hours in one of these, and getting on a later train to resume our journey to Zurich. If we're looking for a good restaurant within 1-2km of the trainstation, nice scenery, not heavy into shopping, maybe take a walk/hike through gardens or maybe a museum -- which is a good stop for this?
Thank you very!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport Transportation
- 2 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 3 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 4 Storing bags while traveling using Swiss Rail Pass.
- 5 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 6 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 7 France Study Abroad
- 8 London is it worth it?
- 9 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 10 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 11 free international phone calls
- 12 Taxi from Heathrow Airport
- 13 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 14 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 15 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 16 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 17 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 18 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 19 London 6 day itinerary
- 20 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 21 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 22 International drivers permit
- 23 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 24 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 25 Paris and Normandy