We'll be traveling from Milan to Zurich by train, but taking the slow route. We plan to stay in Como a day or two and would like to see (and maybe stay in) Lugano. We have several days to do this and could possibly fit in one more city along the way. Should we just distribute our time between Como and Lugano, or is there one more place that we should check out? Things we like: gardens, castles, art and science museums, and I'd be open to walking around a glacier...
The train from Como to Zurich stops in Giubiasco, Bellinzona, Arth-Goldau, and Zug. We're thinking of stepping off the train, spending 2-3 hours in one of these, and getting on a later train to resume our journey to Zurich. If we're looking for a good restaurant within 1-2km of the trainstation, nice scenery, not heavy into shopping, maybe take a walk/hike through gardens or maybe a museum -- which is a good stop for this?
Thank you very!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 2 Rec for carryon bag - European sized
- 3 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 4 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 5 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 6 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 7 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 8 Please help me eat well in Greece!
- 9 vegetarian in spain
- 10 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 11 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 12 Cordoba Overnight?
- 13 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 14 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 15 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 16 Dublin Leap Card
- 17 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 18 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 19 10 days Berner Oberland, Lake Geneva. Chamonix, yes or no
- 20 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 21 Morocco to Spain Border Crossing
- 22 2 weeks Europe trip
- 23 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 24 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 25 Getting from Positano to Rome