I am going to Milan in 2 weeks and would like to plan a 2 day/1 night trip to the Lake Como area.
I originally wanted to take the train from Milan to Varenna, spend the morning and afternoon there, and then take the ferry to Bellagio to stay for 1 night and spend the second day exploring Bellagio. However, I realized that there is no luggage storage facility in Varenna and while we are traveling light, I would prefer not to carry a backpack while I explore the city.
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about where to store the luggage or how I can rearrange the trip so that I can spend time in both towns without taking the ferry back and forth. We would prefer to stay in Bellagio based on current hotel prices as well as attractions in the area (hiking) since we will probably also be spending more time in Bellagio than in Varenna. I am just not sure how to explore Varenna if there is no where to put our luggage for a few hours.
We are in our 20s and would like to keep costs as low as possible (while still being comfortable) and would like to also hike and walk around the area - so any suggestions about where to visit would be helpful as well! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe First Timers
- 2 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 3 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 4 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 5 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 6 base in brussels
- 7 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 8 Rome or Venice first
- 9 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 10 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 11 Uber vs. TfL
- 12 Berlin
- 13 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 14 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 15 One free day in Barcelona
- 16 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 17 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 18 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 19 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 21 Lille Braderie 2017
- 22 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 23 Apartment Montreux area
- 24 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 25 Norther Spain first Iteniary