I am going to Milan in 2 weeks and would like to plan a 2 day/1 night trip to the Lake Como area.
I originally wanted to take the train from Milan to Varenna, spend the morning and afternoon there, and then take the ferry to Bellagio to stay for 1 night and spend the second day exploring Bellagio. However, I realized that there is no luggage storage facility in Varenna and while we are traveling light, I would prefer not to carry a backpack while I explore the city.
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about where to store the luggage or how I can rearrange the trip so that I can spend time in both towns without taking the ferry back and forth. We would prefer to stay in Bellagio based on current hotel prices as well as attractions in the area (hiking) since we will probably also be spending more time in Bellagio than in Varenna. I am just not sure how to explore Varenna if there is no where to put our luggage for a few hours.
We are in our 20s and would like to keep costs as low as possible (while still being comfortable) and would like to also hike and walk around the area - so any suggestions about where to visit would be helpful as well! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 2 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 3 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 4 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 5 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 6 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 7 Berlin
- 8 Ideas for drive from Munich to Ramstein/Kaiserslautern to Garmisch
- 9 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 10 3 days solo in London
- 11 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 12 Best layover option
- 13 Summer Mountain Retreats
- 14 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 15 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 16 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 17 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 18 Rethinking my late September vacation in Madrid/Andalusia – Italy instead?
- 19 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 20 Hotels in Turin
- 21 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 22 3 months in Bristol
- 23 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 24 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 25 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area