I am going to Milan in 2 weeks and would like to plan a 2 day/1 night trip to the Lake Como area.
I originally wanted to take the train from Milan to Varenna, spend the morning and afternoon there, and then take the ferry to Bellagio to stay for 1 night and spend the second day exploring Bellagio. However, I realized that there is no luggage storage facility in Varenna and while we are traveling light, I would prefer not to carry a backpack while I explore the city.
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about where to store the luggage or how I can rearrange the trip so that I can spend time in both towns without taking the ferry back and forth. We would prefer to stay in Bellagio based on current hotel prices as well as attractions in the area (hiking) since we will probably also be spending more time in Bellagio than in Varenna. I am just not sure how to explore Varenna if there is no where to put our luggage for a few hours.
We are in our 20s and would like to keep costs as low as possible (while still being comfortable) and would like to also hike and walk around the area - so any suggestions about where to visit would be helpful as well! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6-7 Days in France
- 2 Korean Messages
- 3 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 4 Another tipping question: concierges
- 5 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 6 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 7 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 8 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 9 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 10 Budapest in December 2017
- 11 Spain in July
- 12 5 Days in Switzerland
- 13 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 14 We're here!
- 15 Car hire with driver in Istanbul
- 16 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 17 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 18 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 19 Acropolis Athens
- 20 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 21 Trip Ideas
- 22 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 23 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 24 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 25 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.