I am going to Milan in 2 weeks and would like to plan a 2 day/1 night trip to the Lake Como area.
I originally wanted to take the train from Milan to Varenna, spend the morning and afternoon there, and then take the ferry to Bellagio to stay for 1 night and spend the second day exploring Bellagio. However, I realized that there is no luggage storage facility in Varenna and while we are traveling light, I would prefer not to carry a backpack while I explore the city.
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about where to store the luggage or how I can rearrange the trip so that I can spend time in both towns without taking the ferry back and forth. We would prefer to stay in Bellagio based on current hotel prices as well as attractions in the area (hiking) since we will probably also be spending more time in Bellagio than in Varenna. I am just not sure how to explore Varenna if there is no where to put our luggage for a few hours.
We are in our 20s and would like to keep costs as low as possible (while still being comfortable) and would like to also hike and walk around the area - so any suggestions about where to visit would be helpful as well! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reset Password: Tec*h sUPp0rt Yahoo CONTACT 1:800:540:6830 Yahoo *Fixed
- 2 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 3 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 4 Florence or Genoa airport - Flying from Barcelona to get to Cinque Terre?
- 5 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 6 Help me make this possible!
- 7 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 8 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 9 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 10 Car Rental
- 11 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 12 First visit to London
- 13 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 14 Awful experience with Ace Car Rental Iceland
- 15 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 16 Balkans
- 17 My first trip to Crete
- 18 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 19 Ireland Trip
- 20 London is it worth it?
- 21 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 22 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 23 Final advice (I think) Restaurants!
- 24 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 25 Any itinerary hints for Prague