I am going to Milan in 2 weeks and would like to plan a 2 day/1 night trip to the Lake Como area.
I originally wanted to take the train from Milan to Varenna, spend the morning and afternoon there, and then take the ferry to Bellagio to stay for 1 night and spend the second day exploring Bellagio. However, I realized that there is no luggage storage facility in Varenna and while we are traveling light, I would prefer not to carry a backpack while I explore the city.
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about where to store the luggage or how I can rearrange the trip so that I can spend time in both towns without taking the ferry back and forth. We would prefer to stay in Bellagio based on current hotel prices as well as attractions in the area (hiking) since we will probably also be spending more time in Bellagio than in Varenna. I am just not sure how to explore Varenna if there is no where to put our luggage for a few hours.
We are in our 20s and would like to keep costs as low as possible (while still being comfortable) and would like to also hike and walk around the area - so any suggestions about where to visit would be helpful as well! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 2 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 3 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 4 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 5 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 6 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 7 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 8 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 9 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 10 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 11 Appenzell in December?
- 12 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 13 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 14 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 15 Iceland in January/February
- 16 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 17 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 18 Switzerland
- 19 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 20 WWI Battlefields
- 21 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 22 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 23 Visiting Zurich
- 24 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 25 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria