I am travelling to Italy in May this year, and will be spending 5 days in Milan in a hotel near the Central Railway Station. I am thinking of taking a day trip by train to Lugano as I not only want to see some of the beautiful Lakes, but would like to also travel through a bit of the Swiss Alps. Has anyone done this before, and is it worth it, or would I be better off visiting one of the other Lakes?
Milan to Lugano by train day trip
View all Europe activity »
- 1 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 2 Chambermaid tipping
- 3 To Paris and Provence in June
- 4 London for Christmas
- 5 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 6 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 7 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 8 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 9 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 10 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 11 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 12 Rome Accommodation
- 13 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 14 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 15 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 16 Greek islands from Turkey
- 17 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 18 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 19 rent car / Munich
- 20 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 21 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 22 Italian Lakes gardens
- 23 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 24 TGV and Provence questions
- 25 Novels set in Greece