I am travelling to Italy in May this year, and will be spending 5 days in Milan in a hotel near the Central Railway Station. I am thinking of taking a day trip by train to Lugano as I not only want to see some of the beautiful Lakes, but would like to also travel through a bit of the Swiss Alps. Has anyone done this before, and is it worth it, or would I be better off visiting one of the other Lakes?
Milan to Lugano by train day trip
- 1 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 2 Rome apartment
- 3 pier in Copenhagen
- 4 Sagrada Familia in Barcelona: who knows what time masses are?
- 5 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 6 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 7 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 8 Am I too fat too travel?
- 9 Christmas Markets - Frankfurt or Copenhagen
- 10 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 11 Train Passes
- 12 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 13 two weeks in Croatia Bosnia and Montenegro
- 14 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 15 I have a new eBook out on Mystical Ireland Travel
- 16 Chatham Dockyards Need a Whole Day?
- 17 Security issues with Knee replacement
- 18 Yorkshire Dales and Moors home base? (and other questions)
- 19 Our 4 weeks in Turkey - Trip Report
- 20 How do I get from Copenhagen to Malmo by Train?
- 21 Climbing Snowdon
- 22 Zee Best
- 23 river cruise choice
- 24 Paros or Naxos?
- 25 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!