I am travelling to Italy in May this year, and will be spending 5 days in Milan in a hotel near the Central Railway Station. I am thinking of taking a day trip by train to Lugano as I not only want to see some of the beautiful Lakes, but would like to also travel through a bit of the Swiss Alps. Has anyone done this before, and is it worth it, or would I be better off visiting one of the other Lakes?
Milan to Lugano by train day trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Giverny in early October?
- 2 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 3 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 4 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks
- 5 Interested In Coach Passes
- 6 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 7 Air France strike
- 8 Voltage in UK and France
- 9 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 10 Two Days in Prague
- 11 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 12 Nuit Blanche 2014
- 13 Schengen Visa
- 14 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 15 Alterations to night trains routes
- 16 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 17 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 18 london in 2.5 days
- 19 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 20 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 21 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 22 London GTG late September?
- 23 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 24 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 25 Florence Hotel Advice