In April, my friend and I will be flying into Milan for one night before training to Zurich. We do not plan on doing any sightseeing in Milan because we want to see Varenna and Bellagio on Lake Como. We will not have a car so we plan to use the train or bus system to get around.
Our flight arrives mid morning so my thoughts are to train from Milan airport to Varenna then take a ferry to Bellagio, stay somewhere on Lake Como, and then take a train the following afternoon for Zurich. We love wine, shopping, and want to take in the scenery of Lake Como! Logistics wise, does this seem doable? What town would be the best place to stay the night with us leaving on a train the following afternoon? Does anyone have any accomodation recommendation for a 100 euro a night budget?
I have considered taking the Bernina Express back to Zurich, but it seems like it would take quite a bit longer to go that route than directly to Zurich. With the small amount of time that we have (our travel days are unable to be changed), is it worth it to take away some of our morning on Lake Como to ride the Bernina Express?
Any advice is welcomed & appreciated!
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 2 1 month in Europe
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 5 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 6 Back from Paris
- 7 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 8 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 9 10 days in Paris and......
- 10 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 11 LIsbon
- 12 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 13 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 14 London Hotels
- 15 Iceland in 7 days.
- 16 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 17 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 18 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 19 Luggage Storage
- 20 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 21 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 22 Paris hotels
- 23 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 24 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 25 UK: "Ghost Trains!"