In April, my friend and I will be flying into Milan for one night before training to Zurich. We do not plan on doing any sightseeing in Milan because we want to see Varenna and Bellagio on Lake Como. We will not have a car so we plan to use the train or bus system to get around.
Our flight arrives mid morning so my thoughts are to train from Milan airport to Varenna then take a ferry to Bellagio, stay somewhere on Lake Como, and then take a train the following afternoon for Zurich. We love wine, shopping, and want to take in the scenery of Lake Como! Logistics wise, does this seem doable? What town would be the best place to stay the night with us leaving on a train the following afternoon? Does anyone have any accomodation recommendation for a 100 euro a night budget?
I have considered taking the Bernina Express back to Zurich, but it seems like it would take quite a bit longer to go that route than directly to Zurich. With the small amount of time that we have (our travel days are unable to be changed), is it worth it to take away some of our morning on Lake Como to ride the Bernina Express?
Any advice is welcomed & appreciated!
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 People visiting Slovenia
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 Valencia Spain
- 4 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 5 Language to use in Belgium
- 6 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 7 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 8 Germany-Car or Train
- 9 Visiting Zurich
- 10 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 11 Brussels flower tapestry
- 12 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 13 Places to visit from Zurich
- 14 SURPRISE TRIP
- 15 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 16 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 17 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 18 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 19 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 20 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 21 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 22 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 23 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 24 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 25 thoughts on my itenerary France and Italy