I'll be in Milan in Dec for 3 nights (1 night at Malpensa) with 2 children. we plan on seeing the Duomo, Last Supper, Sforzesco Castle and doing some shopping hopefully. We are arriving via train from Venice. Still undecided whether to splurge on a private transfer to Malpensa (Eur 90) or take the Malpensa express - this will probably depend on how much luggage we have.
Am trying to decide if i shld stay in Hotel Berna near the Milan Centrale station or stay in Una Maison Milano near the Duomo. Berna is cheaper than Una and near the train station, but that would mean i have to take the subway to the sightsee.
If I chose Una, i'd have to take a cab or train from Milan Centrale upon arriving from Venice, but most of the attractions would be at my door step.
Question: is it worth spending more to stay at Una and have the convenience, or save $ and take the train to/from the sights?
Would appreciate any views from those who have been to Milan with children - please also advise if the area near the Milan Centrale is safe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stu Tower
- 2 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 3 YIKES!
- 4 Charming areas to explore in London
- 5 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 6 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 7 Drive from MXP to Lake Como (Moltrasio)
- 8 travel around Spain
- 9 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 10 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 11 Madeira-anyone been recently?
- 12 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 13 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 14 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 15 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 16 Labor Day in Paris
- 17 I cuisine vs Cookin With Class
- 18 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 19 Need Mobile phone advice for Italy
- 20 Train up the Jungfrau
- 21 credit and debit cards
- 22 12 days in Western Sicily in April 2017 - itinerary questions
- 23 Almalfi
- 24 hotels in the Eixample district of Barcelona
- 25 National Parks close to Malgrat de Mar or Barcelona recommendations