I'll be in Milan in Dec for 3 nights (1 night at Malpensa) with 2 children. we plan on seeing the Duomo, Last Supper, Sforzesco Castle and doing some shopping hopefully. We are arriving via train from Venice. Still undecided whether to splurge on a private transfer to Malpensa (Eur 90) or take the Malpensa express - this will probably depend on how much luggage we have.
Am trying to decide if i shld stay in Hotel Berna near the Milan Centrale station or stay in Una Maison Milano near the Duomo. Berna is cheaper than Una and near the train station, but that would mean i have to take the subway to the sightsee.
If I chose Una, i'd have to take a cab or train from Milan Centrale upon arriving from Venice, but most of the attractions would be at my door step.
Question: is it worth spending more to stay at Una and have the convenience, or save $ and take the train to/from the sights?
Would appreciate any views from those who have been to Milan with children - please also advise if the area near the Milan Centrale is safe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 2 French restaurants
- 3 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 4 Engadine Valley help
- 5 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 6 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 7 Tuscany 6 nights
- 8 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 9 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 10 Naples, Italy
- 11 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 12 Ireland travel passport question
- 13 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 14 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 15 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 16 Planning a European Trip
- 17 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 18 France & Italy, May or June
- 19 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 20 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 21 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 22 San Sebastian
- 23 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 24 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 25 Lisbon trip report