I'll be in Milan in Dec for 3 nights (1 night at Malpensa) with 2 children. we plan on seeing the Duomo, Last Supper, Sforzesco Castle and doing some shopping hopefully. We are arriving via train from Venice. Still undecided whether to splurge on a private transfer to Malpensa (Eur 90) or take the Malpensa express - this will probably depend on how much luggage we have.
Am trying to decide if i shld stay in Hotel Berna near the Milan Centrale station or stay in Una Maison Milano near the Duomo. Berna is cheaper than Una and near the train station, but that would mean i have to take the subway to the sightsee.
If I chose Una, i'd have to take a cab or train from Milan Centrale upon arriving from Venice, but most of the attractions would be at my door step.
Question: is it worth spending more to stay at Una and have the convenience, or save $ and take the train to/from the sights?
Would appreciate any views from those who have been to Milan with children - please also advise if the area near the Milan Centrale is safe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 4 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 5 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 6 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 7 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 8 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 9 Madrid/Lisbon
- 10 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 13 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 14 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 15 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 16 Oporto
- 17 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 18 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 19 Perugia
- 20 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 21 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 22 Ronda Wine/biking
- 23 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 24 St Denis Cathedral
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?