I'll be in Milan in Dec for 3 nights (1 night at Malpensa) with 2 children. we plan on seeing the Duomo, Last Supper, Sforzesco Castle and doing some shopping hopefully. We are arriving via train from Venice. Still undecided whether to splurge on a private transfer to Malpensa (Eur 90) or take the Malpensa express - this will probably depend on how much luggage we have.
Am trying to decide if i shld stay in Hotel Berna near the Milan Centrale station or stay in Una Maison Milano near the Duomo. Berna is cheaper than Una and near the train station, but that would mean i have to take the subway to the sightsee.
If I chose Una, i'd have to take a cab or train from Milan Centrale upon arriving from Venice, but most of the attractions would be at my door step.
Question: is it worth spending more to stay at Una and have the convenience, or save $ and take the train to/from the sights?
Would appreciate any views from those who have been to Milan with children - please also advise if the area near the Milan Centrale is safe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 2 Top Tapas Tascas
- 3 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 4 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 7 If your site isn't working because of the update, just take it offline
- 8 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 9 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 10 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 11 Greece
- 12 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 13 Hiking lake Como
- 14 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 15 Renting a car in Greece
- 16 Prem fares (again)
- 17 tickets for Wimbledon
- 18 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 19 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 20 Iceland, france spain
- 21 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 22 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 25 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??