I'll be in Milan in Dec for 3 nights (1 night at Malpensa) with 2 children. we plan on seeing the Duomo, Last Supper, Sforzesco Castle and doing some shopping hopefully. We are arriving via train from Venice. Still undecided whether to splurge on a private transfer to Malpensa (Eur 90) or take the Malpensa express - this will probably depend on how much luggage we have.
Am trying to decide if i shld stay in Hotel Berna near the Milan Centrale station or stay in Una Maison Milano near the Duomo. Berna is cheaper than Una and near the train station, but that would mean i have to take the subway to the sightsee.
If I chose Una, i'd have to take a cab or train from Milan Centrale upon arriving from Venice, but most of the attractions would be at my door step.
Question: is it worth spending more to stay at Una and have the convenience, or save $ and take the train to/from the sights?
Would appreciate any views from those who have been to Milan with children - please also advise if the area near the Milan Centrale is safe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 2 Trip suggestion
- 3 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 4 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 5 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 6 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 7 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 8 Dijon in December!
- 9 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 10 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 11 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 12 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 15 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 16 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 17 Summer Travel order
- 18 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 19 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 20 Swiss Travel Pass
- 21 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 22 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 23 Another tipping question: concierges
- 24 24 hours in Zurich
- 25 One day on the Amalfi coast