My daughter who is 22 and I will be travelling to Europe in September 2013.
We plan on taking the Bernina express Train in Milan, Italy we would love some info on this trip. Does the train make stops where you can get off to take pictures, or even stop in a town and get back on. Anyone who has done this trip I would love the information. My daughter and I are not into shopping or wine, we are into sightseeing and nature. Is it also possible to start this train trip in Switzerland?We heard Switzerland is a lot more expensive to stay in than Italy.our preference is to take it from Switzerland and tour Switzerland but we have a budget.Any ideas are welcome, it would be great to hear from fellow travellers who toured Switzerland on a budget.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 2 Car rental/return near London
- 3 France: Montpellier, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Loire, Paris
- 4 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 5 Europe Itinerary
- 6 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 7 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 8 Camino Redux
- 9 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 10 Rungis market Paris
- 11 Black Cab Tour in Belfast
- 12 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 13 Paris New Years Eve and New Years Day
- 14 Tipping in different situations in Spain
- 15 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 16 Edgard bus website English version?
- 17 Lucerne Switzerland Meal Recommendations
- 18 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 19 MiFi in Italy
- 20 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 21 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 22 Long Layover at the Heathrow Airport London
- 23 On my way to Puglia
- 24 A week driving in Bavaria
- 25 Charming hotel in Milan?