My daughter who is 22 and I will be travelling to Europe in September 2013.
We plan on taking the Bernina express Train in Milan, Italy we would love some info on this trip. Does the train make stops where you can get off to take pictures, or even stop in a town and get back on. Anyone who has done this trip I would love the information. My daughter and I are not into shopping or wine, we are into sightseeing and nature. Is it also possible to start this train trip in Switzerland?We heard Switzerland is a lot more expensive to stay in than Italy.our preference is to take it from Switzerland and tour Switzerland but we have a budget.Any ideas are welcome, it would be great to hear from fellow travellers who toured Switzerland on a budget.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 2 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 3 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 4 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 5 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 6 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 7 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 8 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 9 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 10 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 11 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 12 Iceland trip report!
- 13 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 14 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 15 Bernese Oberland
- 16 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 17 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 18 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 19 Couscous
- 20 15 days in Denmark / Sweden in May 17
- 21 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 22 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 23 Denmark or Sweden?
- 24 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 25 Moscow Favorites