I've decided that because we will only be in Milan for two nights, I would rather have a hotel than an apartment. It's just a quick stop in between Switzerland and Venice, and seems so convenient. We have never been to Milan. We have three other stays on this trip and they are in apartments.
Prices for rooms in Milan for the first days of October are very high, much higher than for June. Anyway, anything with ratings I like is out of my price range.
I've narrowed my choices and see these as possibilities:
1) Hotel Berna near the Central Station, where we will arrive and depart.
2) A sort of suite or specialty lodging near the Duomo, but because it's not a hotel, if we arrive before 14:00 we probably can't leave our luggage. Reviews say that service is good, but it's much less serviced than a hotel. Daily cleaning and reservations, but no desk and breakfast is outside the building. There is a Nespresso machine which we would like. Breakfast isn't a priority.
3) skip Milan all together, taking the train from Bellinzona to Milan but transferring immediately to another destination. Was thinking of Vicenza. Would also consider Padova, because we were going to day trip there from Venice on the day that the Biennale is closed. Which would you choose?
I'm not thrilled about changing trains. I'm not working with glowing health and prefer to keep things simpler.
I would greatly appreciate feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 2 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 3 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 4 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 5 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 6 Capri in July
- 7 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 8 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 9 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 10 help with Italy itinerary
- 11 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 12 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 13 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 14 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 15 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 16 Driving in Portugal with car rented in Spain
- 17 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 18 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 19 Spain or Portugal for a Beach Vacation?
- 20 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 21 Barcelona with baby
- 22 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 23 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 24 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 25 Norway fjord