I've decided that because we will only be in Milan for two nights, I would rather have a hotel than an apartment. It's just a quick stop in between Switzerland and Venice, and seems so convenient. We have never been to Milan. We have three other stays on this trip and they are in apartments.
Prices for rooms in Milan for the first days of October are very high, much higher than for June. Anyway, anything with ratings I like is out of my price range.
I've narrowed my choices and see these as possibilities:
1) Hotel Berna near the Central Station, where we will arrive and depart.
2) A sort of suite or specialty lodging near the Duomo, but because it's not a hotel, if we arrive before 14:00 we probably can't leave our luggage. Reviews say that service is good, but it's much less serviced than a hotel. Daily cleaning and reservations, but no desk and breakfast is outside the building. There is a Nespresso machine which we would like. Breakfast isn't a priority.
3) skip Milan all together, taking the train from Bellinzona to Milan but transferring immediately to another destination. Was thinking of Vicenza. Would also consider Padova, because we were going to day trip there from Venice on the day that the Biennale is closed. Which would you choose?
I'm not thrilled about changing trains. I'm not working with glowing health and prefer to keep things simpler.
I would greatly appreciate feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trek through Eur
- 2 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 3 Budapest in December 2017
- 4 Amsterdam hotels
- 5 Denmark or Sweden?
- 6 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 7 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 8 Europe itinerary questions
- 9 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 10 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 11 Paris hotels
- 12 London Hotels
- 13 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 We're here!
- 16 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 17 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 18 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 19 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 22 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 23 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 24 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 25 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt