I've decided that because we will only be in Milan for two nights, I would rather have a hotel than an apartment. It's just a quick stop in between Switzerland and Venice, and seems so convenient. We have never been to Milan. We have three other stays on this trip and they are in apartments.
Prices for rooms in Milan for the first days of October are very high, much higher than for June. Anyway, anything with ratings I like is out of my price range.
I've narrowed my choices and see these as possibilities:
1) Hotel Berna near the Central Station, where we will arrive and depart.
2) A sort of suite or specialty lodging near the Duomo, but because it's not a hotel, if we arrive before 14:00 we probably can't leave our luggage. Reviews say that service is good, but it's much less serviced than a hotel. Daily cleaning and reservations, but no desk and breakfast is outside the building. There is a Nespresso machine which we would like. Breakfast isn't a priority.
3) skip Milan all together, taking the train from Bellinzona to Milan but transferring immediately to another destination. Was thinking of Vicenza. Would also consider Padova, because we were going to day trip there from Venice on the day that the Biennale is closed. Which would you choose?
I'm not thrilled about changing trains. I'm not working with glowing health and prefer to keep things simpler.
I would greatly appreciate feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Villa in Italy
- 2 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 3 Places to stop/stay?
- 4 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 5 First Trip to Italy- Help!
- 6 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 7 Car Rentals in Ireland
- 8 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 9 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 10 TSA Precheck
- 11 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 12 Where in Greece
- 13 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?
- 14 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 15 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 16 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 17 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 18 Couscous
- 19 Help me make this possible!
- 20 Nice central hotel for single woman in Rome?
- 21 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 22 Italian lake cruise
- 23 Vatican tour
- 24 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 25 Lisbon