I've decided that because we will only be in Milan for two nights, I would rather have a hotel than an apartment. It's just a quick stop in between Switzerland and Venice, and seems so convenient. We have never been to Milan. We have three other stays on this trip and they are in apartments.
Prices for rooms in Milan for the first days of October are very high, much higher than for June. Anyway, anything with ratings I like is out of my price range.
I've narrowed my choices and see these as possibilities:
1) Hotel Berna near the Central Station, where we will arrive and depart.
2) A sort of suite or specialty lodging near the Duomo, but because it's not a hotel, if we arrive before 14:00 we probably can't leave our luggage. Reviews say that service is good, but it's much less serviced than a hotel. Daily cleaning and reservations, but no desk and breakfast is outside the building. There is a Nespresso machine which we would like. Breakfast isn't a priority.
3) skip Milan all together, taking the train from Bellinzona to Milan but transferring immediately to another destination. Was thinking of Vicenza. Would also consider Padova, because we were going to day trip there from Venice on the day that the Biennale is closed. Which would you choose?
I'm not thrilled about changing trains. I'm not working with glowing health and prefer to keep things simpler.
I would greatly appreciate feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 2 Beaune France
- 3 Scotland Trip Report
- 4 Madrid airport question
- 5 Kayaking in Avignon
- 6 How the kids age calculated
- 7 Sintra
- 8 Murren to Prague
- 9 What tips can you give about packing?
- 10 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 11 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 12 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 13 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 14 Aix Provence
- 15 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 16 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 17 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 18 Cotswolds or Lake District Walking Tour
- 19 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 20 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 21 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 22 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
- 23 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 24 Cordoba Overnight?
- 25 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?