We're stopping in Milan by train from Switzerland and spending 4-5 days in Italy. I wanted to rent a car at the Milan central train station with Hertz and then drop it at the Rome airport at the end of our journey.
Is it a good idea to rent at the central train station? I'm worried about the ZTLs in the city center. Better to maybe rent at the outskirts? we're planning on driving to Venice as soon as we pick up the car.
On that note, where is the best place to park a car outside Venice to go into the city? Also what is the best place to purchase a Firenze card? I will be getting into Florence late at night (10 pm) and was hoping to use the FC for a bus ride to the hotel.
Sorry for so many questions! and thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 2 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 3 Germany train help!
- 4 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 5 Sicily
- 6 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 driving from prague to salzburg
- 9 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 10 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 11 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 12 Versailles
- 13 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 14 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 15 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 16 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 17 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 18 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 19 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 20 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 21 We're here!
- 22 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 23 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 24 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 25 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise