We're stopping in Milan by train from Switzerland and spending 4-5 days in Italy. I wanted to rent a car at the Milan central train station with Hertz and then drop it at the Rome airport at the end of our journey.
Is it a good idea to rent at the central train station? I'm worried about the ZTLs in the city center. Better to maybe rent at the outskirts? we're planning on driving to Venice as soon as we pick up the car.
On that note, where is the best place to park a car outside Venice to go into the city? Also what is the best place to purchase a Firenze card? I will be getting into Florence late at night (10 pm) and was hoping to use the FC for a bus ride to the hotel.
Sorry for so many questions! and thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 2 Croatia transportation question.
- 3 Oxford England Accommodations
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 A Month stay in Southern France
- 6 vienna
- 7 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 8 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 9 Places of interest
- 10 getting to CDG
- 11 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 12 Ireland hotel questions
- 13 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 14 Questions about Polish sights
- 15 Croatia Ferry Help
- 16 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 17 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 18 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 19 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 22 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 23 Switzerland in November?
- 24 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 25 Marksburg Castle Transport Question