We're stopping in Milan by train from Switzerland and spending 4-5 days in Italy. I wanted to rent a car at the Milan central train station with Hertz and then drop it at the Rome airport at the end of our journey.
Is it a good idea to rent at the central train station? I'm worried about the ZTLs in the city center. Better to maybe rent at the outskirts? we're planning on driving to Venice as soon as we pick up the car.
On that note, where is the best place to park a car outside Venice to go into the city? Also what is the best place to purchase a Firenze card? I will be getting into Florence late at night (10 pm) and was hoping to use the FC for a bus ride to the hotel.
Sorry for so many questions! and thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 2 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 3 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 4 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 5 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 6 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 7 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 8 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 9 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 10 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 11 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 12 Oyster card?
- 13 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 14 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 15 London Theater
- 16 multi city flights to europe
- 17 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 18 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 19 Switzerland in September
- 20 Milan and Lake Como
- 21 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 22 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 23 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 24 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 25 Shorts in South of France?