We're stopping in Milan by train from Switzerland and spending 4-5 days in Italy. I wanted to rent a car at the Milan central train station with Hertz and then drop it at the Rome airport at the end of our journey.
Is it a good idea to rent at the central train station? I'm worried about the ZTLs in the city center. Better to maybe rent at the outskirts? we're planning on driving to Venice as soon as we pick up the car.
On that note, where is the best place to park a car outside Venice to go into the city? Also what is the best place to purchase a Firenze card? I will be getting into Florence late at night (10 pm) and was hoping to use the FC for a bus ride to the hotel.
Sorry for so many questions! and thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona alternative
- 2 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 3 Desperate! photo SD card says "not Formatted" is all lost!?
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Driving through Paris
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Italy Car Scam
- 9 Road trip with our dog
- 10 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 11 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 12 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 13 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 14 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 15 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 16 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 17 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 18 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 19 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 20 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 21 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 22 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 23 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 24 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 25 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia