We're stopping in Milan by train from Switzerland and spending 4-5 days in Italy. I wanted to rent a car at the Milan central train station with Hertz and then drop it at the Rome airport at the end of our journey.
Is it a good idea to rent at the central train station? I'm worried about the ZTLs in the city center. Better to maybe rent at the outskirts? we're planning on driving to Venice as soon as we pick up the car.
On that note, where is the best place to park a car outside Venice to go into the city? Also what is the best place to purchase a Firenze card? I will be getting into Florence late at night (10 pm) and was hoping to use the FC for a bus ride to the hotel.
Sorry for so many questions! and thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona with baby
- 2 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 3 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 4 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 5 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 6 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 7 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 8 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 9 Pre-Bookings in London?
- 10 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 11 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 12 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 13 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 14 help with Italy itinerary
- 15 Capri in July
- 16 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 17 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 18 Venice
- 19 London 2For1 question
- 20 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 21 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 22 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 23 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 24 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 25 Porto and vicinity