Continuing my tradition of only doing anything remotely religious when I set foot in Italy, I think I'm going to try to go to midnight mass this year.
I don't want to go to St. Mark's. I will be going to St. Mark's on Xmas morning with my group of friends.
I was thinking of perhaps someplace a bit smaller and intimate. Or not. The Frari would be lovely. Santi Giovanni e Paolo. Chiesa Santa Maria dei Miracoli. There are so many. And I have no idea if they would all do midnight mass, or just a few of them. I am near the San Stae vap stop, so that might be the best choice if they have it.
I would like to be amidst many people but not a crushing crowd such as St. Mark's. Perhaps one that would be more locals than tourists, if that is possible anymore.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 2 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 3 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 4 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 5 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 6 Driving through Paris
- 7 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 8 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 9 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 10 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 11 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 12 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 13 Spanish Medical Providers
- 14 Barcelona alternative
- 15 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 16 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 17 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 18 Lisbon
- 19 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 20 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 21 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 22 Italy Car Scam
- 23 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 24 Road trip with our dog
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris