Continuing my tradition of only doing anything remotely religious when I set foot in Italy, I think I'm going to try to go to midnight mass this year.
I don't want to go to St. Mark's. I will be going to St. Mark's on Xmas morning with my group of friends.
I was thinking of perhaps someplace a bit smaller and intimate. Or not. The Frari would be lovely. Santi Giovanni e Paolo. Chiesa Santa Maria dei Miracoli. There are so many. And I have no idea if they would all do midnight mass, or just a few of them. I am near the San Stae vap stop, so that might be the best choice if they have it.
I would like to be amidst many people but not a crushing crowd such as St. Mark's. Perhaps one that would be more locals than tourists, if that is possible anymore.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sundays in Puglia
- 2 K-Day
- 3 Greek Islands (small)
- 4 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 5 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 6 Spain in December
- 7 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 8 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 9 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 10 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 11 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 12 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 13 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 14 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 15 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 16 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 17 Lay over time
- 18 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 19 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 20 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 21 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 22 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 23 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 24 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 25 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings