Continuing my tradition of only doing anything remotely religious when I set foot in Italy, I think I'm going to try to go to midnight mass this year.
I don't want to go to St. Mark's. I will be going to St. Mark's on Xmas morning with my group of friends.
I was thinking of perhaps someplace a bit smaller and intimate. Or not. The Frari would be lovely. Santi Giovanni e Paolo. Chiesa Santa Maria dei Miracoli. There are so many. And I have no idea if they would all do midnight mass, or just a few of them. I am near the San Stae vap stop, so that might be the best choice if they have it.
I would like to be amidst many people but not a crushing crowd such as St. Mark's. Perhaps one that would be more locals than tourists, if that is possible anymore.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 2 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 3 Korean Messages
- 4 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 5 Budapest in December 2017
- 6 Traveling eperience and the difficulties involved
- 7 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 10 Acropolis Athens
- 11 5 Days in Switzerland
- 12 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 13 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 14 6-7 Days in France
- 15 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 16 Another tipping question: concierges
- 17 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 18 We're here!
- 19 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 20 Getting to Bolivia
- 21 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 22 Rental Car for Day Trip from Antalya to Pamukkale/Hierapolis?
- 23 Swiss Travel Pass
- 24 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 25 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins