It has come to my attention that a friend of a friend will be living in Geneva for a year (by herself in a sweet 3-bedroom apartment, in which we could stay for free) while I'm visiting our mutual friend in France.
Initial talks of a 3 to 4-day trip to the area have been discussed, but I'd love your input.
Switzerland in February is, dare I say, not the ideal time for non-skiers. From what I've seen here (there's a 10.5 year-old thread on the forum!) and elsewhere is that they are some lovely older towns, nice for some walking, eating, a museum here and there. But not sure if it's necessarily worth much exploration if it's going to be only slighter warmer average temps than I'm used to during that month.
From your experience, what are the merits of places like Lausanne, Lutry, Vevey, and Montreux at this time of year? If you had a solid 3 days, which would you prioritize and why?
Or would you say scrap the idea altogether and hope to visit the area on a future trip in warmer temps?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 2 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 3 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 4 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 5 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 6 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 7 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 8 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 9 Passport proplems
- 10 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 11 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 12 Itinerary help...
- 13 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 14 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 15 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 16 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 17 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 18 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 19 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 20 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 21 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 22 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 23 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 24 A week in Paris
- 25 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?