It has come to my attention that a friend of a friend will be living in Geneva for a year (by herself in a sweet 3-bedroom apartment, in which we could stay for free) while I'm visiting our mutual friend in France.
Initial talks of a 3 to 4-day trip to the area have been discussed, but I'd love your input.
Switzerland in February is, dare I say, not the ideal time for non-skiers. From what I've seen here (there's a 10.5 year-old thread on the forum!) and elsewhere is that they are some lovely older towns, nice for some walking, eating, a museum here and there. But not sure if it's necessarily worth much exploration if it's going to be only slighter warmer average temps than I'm used to during that month.
From your experience, what are the merits of places like Lausanne, Lutry, Vevey, and Montreux at this time of year? If you had a solid 3 days, which would you prioritize and why?
Or would you say scrap the idea altogether and hope to visit the area on a future trip in warmer temps?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 2 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 3 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 6 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 7 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 8 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 9 International Flight Question
- 10 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 11 Interesting places to visit
- 12 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 13 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 14 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 15 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 16 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 17 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 18 Budapest in December 2017
- 19 Petrol in Greece
- 20 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 23 Dijon in December!
- 24 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 25 We're here!