It has come to my attention that a friend of a friend will be living in Geneva for a year (by herself in a sweet 3-bedroom apartment, in which we could stay for free) while I'm visiting our mutual friend in France.
Initial talks of a 3 to 4-day trip to the area have been discussed, but I'd love your input.
Switzerland in February is, dare I say, not the ideal time for non-skiers. From what I've seen here (there's a 10.5 year-old thread on the forum!) and elsewhere is that they are some lovely older towns, nice for some walking, eating, a museum here and there. But not sure if it's necessarily worth much exploration if it's going to be only slighter warmer average temps than I'm used to during that month.
From your experience, what are the merits of places like Lausanne, Lutry, Vevey, and Montreux at this time of year? If you had a solid 3 days, which would you prioritize and why?
Or would you say scrap the idea altogether and hope to visit the area on a future trip in warmer temps?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ludwig Castles
- 2 London with Teens Trip Report
- 3 Best Viking Sites
- 4 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 5 Ex-pats with young kids
- 6 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 7 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 8 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 9 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 10 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 11 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 12 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 13 Hotels in Turin
- 14 Just 1 or 2 or 3 days in Rome? Here are free self guided itineraries
- 15 Romania: Putting together a 7-day itinerary
- 16 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 17 Help on ancient history route
- 18 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 19 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 20 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 21 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 22 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 23 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 24 Greece
- 25 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers