It has come to my attention that a friend of a friend will be living in Geneva for a year (by herself in a sweet 3-bedroom apartment, in which we could stay for free) while I'm visiting our mutual friend in France.
Initial talks of a 3 to 4-day trip to the area have been discussed, but I'd love your input.
Switzerland in February is, dare I say, not the ideal time for non-skiers. From what I've seen here (there's a 10.5 year-old thread on the forum!) and elsewhere is that they are some lovely older towns, nice for some walking, eating, a museum here and there. But not sure if it's necessarily worth much exploration if it's going to be only slighter warmer average temps than I'm used to during that month.
From your experience, what are the merits of places like Lausanne, Lutry, Vevey, and Montreux at this time of year? If you had a solid 3 days, which would you prioritize and why?
Or would you say scrap the idea altogether and hope to visit the area on a future trip in warmer temps?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 PATRON CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 EPSON PRINTER TENCHNICAL SETUP/setting
- 2 DEV SENA: AOL MAIL tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1855+999.8045 aol mail 24*7
- 3 Two days in Rome
- 4 London is it worth it?
- 5 Ideas on our first Europe holiday
- 6 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 7 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 8 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 9 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 10 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 11 International drivers permit
- 12 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 13 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 14 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 15 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 16 First visit to London
- 17 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 18 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 19 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 20 Naples + Walking Tour
- 21 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 22 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 23 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 24 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 25 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers