On our first trip to Lake Como 5+ years ago we spent several days based in Varenna; next April we will be back in the area. DH wants to return to Lake Como, I think we will have 3 nights, this is the end of our trip before returning the car to Milan Linate and spending our last night in Milan. When we left Lake Como last time he said he wanted to come back and spend time in Bellagio. From what I have been reading, I think we should look at staying in Menaggio - easier access as we will have a car, probably less expensive and there are those great views OF Bellagio. Any thoughts in helping make this decision? Guess you can tell I was not as struck with Bellagio as he was, but I do agree that we should spend some more time on Lake Como.
Menaggio or Bellagio?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 2 Albania for Beginners
- 3 A full week in The Netherlands
- 4 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 5 Ryan Air
- 6 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 7 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 8 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 9 Chambermaid tipping
- 10 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 11 Has Anyone Used Rome Sweet Home?
- 12 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 13 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 14 London Theater/re: "Pure Nonsense"? or what?
- 15 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 16 London for Christmas
- 17 Russian Tour Operators for Independent Travelers
- 18 Istanbul hotels
- 19 1st time to Italy...Cinque Terre, Florence and which Tuscan hill town?
- 20 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 21 south eastern europe by train and walking
- 22 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 23 Family European winter holiday
- 24 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 25 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy