I have read a number of conversations on the Melk day trip from Vienna, however I have a couple or questions (forgive me if these have been answered in another thread).
The plan I've put together so far is:
- Depart Vienna for Melk Abbey by train (plan to be at Melk by just after 9am for when it opens)
- Walk around the abbey/gardens
- Catch the 11am boat to Spitz
- Pick up some bikes and cycle from Spitz to Durnstein
- Spend some time in Durnstein walking around the town and walking up to the castle ruins
- Bike from Durnstein to Krems
- Train Krems to Vienna
(Our back up plan if the weather is not obliging is to stay on the boat to Durnstein and then take the bus to Krems).
My questions are:
- Is the above achievable (forget to mention we're in Vienna in late September)?
- Should we bike south or north of the river? I'm visualising cycling through vineyards.
- Does one side have any Heurige's we could visit (perhaps one side has more than the other)?
I welcome any suggestions or recommendations to the above.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 2 ATM
- 3 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 4 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 5 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 6 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 7 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 8 Spain Itinerary
- 9 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 10 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 11 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 12 ATM help
- 13 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 14 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 15 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 16 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 17 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 18 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 19 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 20 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 21 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 22 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 23 International drivers permit
- 24 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 25 Croatia Intinerary August 2017