We will be traveling from Hallstatt to Vienna and wanted to stop overnight at either Melk, Durnstein or Krems on our way to Vienna. We had planned to visit the Melk Abbey and then stay overnight in Durnstein but could only find 2 hotels available during our planned visit (9/14) and they are expensive. Would you stay in Melk or Krems or in between Durnstein and Krems? We are looking for a nice 3* or 4* hotel with a view of the Danube. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Melk or Krems?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 2 A Greek sojourn
- 3 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 4 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 5 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 6 planning a trip to Europe next year!
- 7 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 8 I dream of Europe
- 9 Switzerland, Germany, Spain from april 13th to may 7th
- 10 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 11 Need help with Baltics trip.
- 12 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 13 Weekend in Norfolk
- 14 Burgundy in May
- 15 Norway Advice
- 16 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 17 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 18 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 19 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 20 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 21 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 22 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 23 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 24 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 25 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain