We will be traveling from Hallstatt to Vienna and wanted to stop overnight at either Melk, Durnstein or Krems on our way to Vienna. We had planned to visit the Melk Abbey and then stay overnight in Durnstein but could only find 2 hotels available during our planned visit (9/14) and they are expensive. Would you stay in Melk or Krems or in between Durnstein and Krems? We are looking for a nice 3* or 4* hotel with a view of the Danube. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Melk or Krems?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 2 Tipping in the UK
- 3 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 4 Study Visa and Schengen area tourist allowance Question
- 5 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 6 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 7 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 8 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 9 London city Best option for transit
- 10 England/EPL family vacation
- 11 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 12 Never To Return
- 13 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 14 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 15 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 16 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 17 Lucerne Switzerland
- 18 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 19 Central Europe itinerary
- 20 First visit to France in November
- 21 Need meal and site advice for not often discussed Greek Islands & Places
- 22 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 23 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 24 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 25 Madrid Apartment Rentals