We will be traveling from Hallstatt to Vienna and wanted to stop overnight at either Melk, Durnstein or Krems on our way to Vienna. We had planned to visit the Melk Abbey and then stay overnight in Durnstein but could only find 2 hotels available during our planned visit (9/14) and they are expensive. Would you stay in Melk or Krems or in between Durnstein and Krems? We are looking for a nice 3* or 4* hotel with a view of the Danube. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Melk or Krems?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Dingle to Dublin?
- 2 Cinque Terre and Côte d'Azur
- 3 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 4 Positano in high season???
- 5 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 6 Madrid...where for evening stroll on first night?
- 7 Taking a perscribed controlled substance to Germany.
- 8 Help with tour of Norway please.
- 9 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 10 Croatia and Montenegro for 8 days
- 11 3 day trip from London to Edinburgh, Dublin, Stockholm or Helsinki+Tallin
- 12 Colmar, France - What do do for family visit?
- 13 Greece ferries/speed boats?
- 14 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 15 Trains
- 16 Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris
- 17 Portugual travel to Compostella, spain
- 18 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 19 Italy late Sept to early Oct 2015
- 20 flights to Lisbon from NYC area
- 21 Travel from Amsterdam to Pisa
- 22 Travel by train in Poland?
- 23 Palenque's Scenic Swiss Trains
- 24 Shuttle Inter prices?
- 25 Better to rent a car in Venice or Padua?