We will be traveling from Hallstatt to Vienna and wanted to stop overnight at either Melk, Durnstein or Krems on our way to Vienna. We had planned to visit the Melk Abbey and then stay overnight in Durnstein but could only find 2 hotels available during our planned visit (9/14) and they are expensive. Would you stay in Melk or Krems or in between Durnstein and Krems? We are looking for a nice 3* or 4* hotel with a view of the Danube. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Melk or Krems?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 When to buy companion ticket?
- 2 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 3 Provence Tour Guide Recommendations
- 4 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 5 Ljubljana to Plitvice Lake
- 6 one-month itinerary -- what am I missing?
- 7 Day Trips from Paris
- 8 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 9 book your hotel before you travel
- 10 Dolce Vita on a Budget?
- 11 Milan Hotel
- 12 8 days Northern Italy/ Switzerland
- 13 Germany -Preliminary Planning 2 weeks in Sept/15
- 14 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 15 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 16 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 17 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 18 France to Italy advice needed please
- 19 CDG questions
- 20 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 21 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 22 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 23 Small wineries and other places Umbria/Tuscan border?
- 24 Côte du Rhône wine road
- 25 Is this the best urban surf spot in the world?