We will be traveling from Hallstatt to Vienna and wanted to stop overnight at either Melk, Durnstein or Krems on our way to Vienna. We had planned to visit the Melk Abbey and then stay overnight in Durnstein but could only find 2 hotels available during our planned visit (9/14) and they are expensive. Would you stay in Melk or Krems or in between Durnstein and Krems? We are looking for a nice 3* or 4* hotel with a view of the Danube. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Melk or Krems?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 2 Euro Train
- 3 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 4 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 5 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 6 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 7 London, Paris, and Brussels 2014
- 8 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 9 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 10 Travel by train or bus
- 11 first european holiday itinery
- 12 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 13 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 14 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 15 Belgium
- 16 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 17 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 18 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 19 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 20 7 days in Andalucia
- 21 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 22 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 23 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 24 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 25 Is there a Morning Ferry from Mykonos to Paros in late May on a Friday?