We will be traveling from Hallstatt to Vienna and wanted to stop overnight at either Melk, Durnstein or Krems on our way to Vienna. We had planned to visit the Melk Abbey and then stay overnight in Durnstein but could only find 2 hotels available during our planned visit (9/14) and they are expensive. Would you stay in Melk or Krems or in between Durnstein and Krems? We are looking for a nice 3* or 4* hotel with a view of the Danube. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Melk or Krems?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 2 Southern France
- 3 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 4 Advance Tickest from Piraeus to Islands?
- 5 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 6 italy
- 7 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 8 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 9 London in 3 days! Help with lodging, please!
- 10 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 11 Foie gras, redux
- 12 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 13 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 14 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 15 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 16 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 17 What to wear
- 18 What still confounds you about travel?
- 19 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 20 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 21 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 22 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 23 Pronunciation
- 24 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 25 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son