We will be traveling from Hallstatt to Vienna and wanted to stop overnight at either Melk, Durnstein or Krems on our way to Vienna. We had planned to visit the Melk Abbey and then stay overnight in Durnstein but could only find 2 hotels available during our planned visit (9/14) and they are expensive. Would you stay in Melk or Krems or in between Durnstein and Krems? We are looking for a nice 3* or 4* hotel with a view of the Danube. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Melk or Krems?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 2 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 3 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 4 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 5 Italy - Month of July
- 6 Your favourite places in Bath
- 7 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 8 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 9 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 10 Shipping Prosecco
- 11 Venice Day Trip--Leave on 7:30 pm or midnight train back to Bologna?
- 12 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 13 Europe Tour with Kids
- 14 What do you think of this Paris apartment rental?
- 15 Ways to travel from Venice to Bologna
- 16 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 17 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 18 Italy and Croatia
- 19 Venice: Vene, Vidi, but not even close to Vici
- 20 Lakes District UK
- 21 Kimhe--flamenco
- 22 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 23 My experiences in Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Madrid, Segovia & Toledo
- 24 Life Jackets on Gondolas in Venice?
- 25 Italy 14 days