We will be traveling from Hallstatt to Vienna and wanted to stop overnight at either Melk, Durnstein or Krems on our way to Vienna. We had planned to visit the Melk Abbey and then stay overnight in Durnstein but could only find 2 hotels available during our planned visit (9/14) and they are expensive. Would you stay in Melk or Krems or in between Durnstein and Krems? We are looking for a nice 3* or 4* hotel with a view of the Danube. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Melk or Krems?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Exquisite side trip from Cinque Terre?
- 2 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 3 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 4 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 5 Car rental at Athens airport
- 6 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 7 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 8 Is the roof of La Grande Arche de la Défense open yet?
- 9 Sea side in Italy
- 10 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 11 Question About Belgiun Train Travel
- 12 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 13 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 14 Single Malts
- 15 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 16 To include Florence or Not....A Venice, (maybe Florence), and Rome trip
- 17 Apartments in Rome you have rented and liked
- 18 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf
- 19 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 20 2-week Central/Eastern Europe itinerary questions
- 21 5 days in France-What do we do!?
- 22 Neuschwanstein to Linderhof by car
- 23 Help with Lucerne in April
- 24 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 25 Paris: Best Baguette of 2015