We will be traveling from Hallstatt to Vienna and wanted to stop overnight at either Melk, Durnstein or Krems on our way to Vienna. We had planned to visit the Melk Abbey and then stay overnight in Durnstein but could only find 2 hotels available during our planned visit (9/14) and they are expensive. Would you stay in Melk or Krems or in between Durnstein and Krems? We are looking for a nice 3* or 4* hotel with a view of the Danube. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Melk or Krems?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 2 cheapest way to get from greece to turkey
- 3 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 4 Munich
- 5 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 6 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 7 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 8 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 9 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 10 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 11 Munich with a car?
- 12 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 13 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 14 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 15 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 16 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 17 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 18 Itinerary Help!
- 19 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 20 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 21 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 22 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 23 He said , she said
- 24 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 25 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy