Hello Fellow Travelers!
My fiance and I are travelling on a 20 day cruise in July. We are 25 & 26 and are experienced travelers. Many of the places we have not been to, however, so we are wondering whether to take a cruise excursion or do it ourselves! We are very comfortable taking public transportation so if it is somewhere where we can take the metro to the sights, we can easily do that. But, we are not sure where there are the long travel that would require taxis and such. The itinerary is below and ANY advice is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks so much! Craig and Meg
*Sail from Civitavecchia (Rome), 5:00pm
*Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy 7:00am 8:00pm
*Monte Carlo, Monaco 8:00am 5:00pm
*Barcelona, Spain 12:00n overnight until the next day at 11pm (I have been to Barcelona so feel comfortable going on our own there)
*Palma de Mallorca, Spain 9:00am 6:00pm
*La Goulette (Tunis), Tunisia 8:00am 5:00pm
*Palermo, Sicily, Italy 8:00am 5:00pm
*Naples, Italy 7:00am 6:00pm
*Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy 7:00am 5:00pm
*Dubrovnik, Croatia 8:00am 6:00pm
*Kerkira, Corfu, Greece 9:00am 7:00pm
*Katakolon, Greece 7:00am 2:00pm
*Thira (Santorini), Greece (comfortable here as well)
*Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey 7:00am 7:00pm
*Piraeus (Athens), Greece 8:00am 6:00pm
*Messina, Italy 7:00am 1:00pm
*Debark Ship Civitavecchia 7:00a
Hello Fellow Travelers!
- 1 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 2 ferry to Harwich
- 3 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 4 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 5 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 6 Berlin Hotels
- 7 What is the best food in France?
- 8 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 9 York Food and Drink Festival
- 10 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 11 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 12 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 13 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 14 Hilton's in Vienna and Budapest
- 15 Edinburgh Restaurants
- 16 Paris Budget Hotel-Sept 2013 (Single; 100 Euros/night)
- 17 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 18 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 19 Istanbul Hotels
- 20 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 21 Driving in Genoa
- 22 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 23 Barcelona Habitat Apartments Eixemple Questions
- 24 Paris metro
- 25 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)