Hello Fellow Travelers!
My fiance and I are travelling on a 20 day cruise in July. We are 25 & 26 and are experienced travelers. Many of the places we have not been to, however, so we are wondering whether to take a cruise excursion or do it ourselves! We are very comfortable taking public transportation so if it is somewhere where we can take the metro to the sights, we can easily do that. But, we are not sure where there are the long travel that would require taxis and such. The itinerary is below and ANY advice is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks so much! Craig and Meg
*Sail from Civitavecchia (Rome), 5:00pm
*Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy 7:00am 8:00pm
*Monte Carlo, Monaco 8:00am 5:00pm
*Barcelona, Spain 12:00n overnight until the next day at 11pm (I have been to Barcelona so feel comfortable going on our own there)
*Palma de Mallorca, Spain 9:00am 6:00pm
*La Goulette (Tunis), Tunisia 8:00am 5:00pm
*Palermo, Sicily, Italy 8:00am 5:00pm
*Naples, Italy 7:00am 6:00pm
*Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy 7:00am 5:00pm
*Dubrovnik, Croatia 8:00am 6:00pm
*Kerkira, Corfu, Greece 9:00am 7:00pm
*Katakolon, Greece 7:00am 2:00pm
*Thira (Santorini), Greece (comfortable here as well)
*Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey 7:00am 7:00pm
*Piraeus (Athens), Greece 8:00am 6:00pm
*Messina, Italy 7:00am 1:00pm
*Debark Ship Civitavecchia 7:00a
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English Countryside
- 2 Scenic Driving Routes
- 3 Visiting Spain in January
- 4 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 5 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 6 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 7 Flights from Croatia
- 8 Amsterdam Festival of LIghts
- 9 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 10 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 11 Visiting Europe for 1 week: Prague or Rome?
- 12 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 13 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 14 London in a Nutshell! - Travel Report
- 15 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 16 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 17 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 18 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 19 Europe in late January
- 20 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 21 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 22 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 23 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 24 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 25 Paris---baguette question???
Hello Fellow Travelers!