I posted another thread asking about sights to see in Scotland and timing (thanks for the help to those that contributed) and now have another question: What is the best way to travel around Scotland?
Seeing as this is the first trip to Scotland for the Other Half and I, we're probably going to be sticking to the main routes and sights and therefore, I think we'll really only need bus and/or rail for getting around. Any cost/ time advantages to one or the other? (or should we be considering other modes of travel??)
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 2 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 3 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 4 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 5 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 6 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 7 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 8 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 9 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 10 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 11 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 12 Sim Card Options
- 13 Greek Islands (small)
- 14 38 Days in Paris
- 15 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 16 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 17 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 18 Day trip ideas
- 19 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 20 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 21 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 22 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 23 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 24 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 25 Springtime in Holland - Trip report