I posted another thread asking about sights to see in Scotland and timing (thanks for the help to those that contributed) and now have another question: What is the best way to travel around Scotland?
Seeing as this is the first trip to Scotland for the Other Half and I, we're probably going to be sticking to the main routes and sights and therefore, I think we'll really only need bus and/or rail for getting around. Any cost/ time advantages to one or the other? (or should we be considering other modes of travel??)
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Back from Paris
- 2 1 month in Europe
- 3 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 4 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 8 Paris hotels
- 9 London Hotels
- 10 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 11 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 12 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 13 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 14 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 15 10 days in Paris and......
- 16 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 17 LIsbon
- 18 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 19 Iceland in 7 days.
- 20 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 21 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 22 Luggage Storage
- 23 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 24 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 25 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition