I posted another thread asking about sights to see in Scotland and timing (thanks for the help to those that contributed) and now have another question: What is the best way to travel around Scotland?
Seeing as this is the first trip to Scotland for the Other Half and I, we're probably going to be sticking to the main routes and sights and therefore, I think we'll really only need bus and/or rail for getting around. Any cost/ time advantages to one or the other? (or should we be considering other modes of travel??)
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 2 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 3 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 4 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 5 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 6 barcelona neighborhood
- 7 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 8 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 9 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 10 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 11 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 12 Europe itinerary help!
- 13 Shorts in South of France?
- 14 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 15 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 16 Les Invalides Night Show
- 17 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 18 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 19 Best Greek Island
- 20 Which Day?
- 21 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 22 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 23 Corsica and Sardinia
- 24 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 25 Regarding Residence Permit