I posted another thread asking about sights to see in Scotland and timing (thanks for the help to those that contributed) and now have another question: What is the best way to travel around Scotland?
Seeing as this is the first trip to Scotland for the Other Half and I, we're probably going to be sticking to the main routes and sights and therefore, I think we'll really only need bus and/or rail for getting around. Any cost/ time advantages to one or the other? (or should we be considering other modes of travel??)
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona alternative
- 2 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 3 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 4 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 5 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 6 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 7 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 8 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 11 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 12 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 13 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 14 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 15 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 16 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 17 Road trip with our dog
- 18 Can parking
- 19 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 20 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 21 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 22 Douro Valley in January?
- 23 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 24 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 25 Munich and....???