Hi, hope you can help me with my idea, that is, say whether it's practical or not. I'm arriving (female, late 50's) at Plymouth airport 16 Sept 2014 and will have a car and 6 days to drive around SW England, stopping at will. I hoped to stay at B and B's without booking ahead and just meander along the coast road down to Lizard Point then back up to Padstow and across to Plymouth. Is this doable in this amount of time? I won't be going on all-day walks but will stroll along beaches more than in towns. Don't want to 'do' anything, I just want to be there and soak it all up. Daphne du Maurier is my favourite author and I'd like to see the settings of some of her novels. Will this work or am I in dreamland?
meandering in SW England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Globus Tours
- 2 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 3 Rome to Capri-Day Trip?
- 4 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 5 Are Bit Coins Accepted Anywhere In Europe anywhere...
- 6 First Trip to Europe
- 7 Central London Hotels
- 8 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 9 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 10 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 11 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 12 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 13 Paris Taxi
- 14 Apartment cooking in Paris
- 15 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 16 Bielsa, Spain - Any info?
- 17 What should we eat in Portugal?
- 18 Paris-Immersion School in the Dordogne-Languedoc-Aix & Lessons Learned
- 19 review of grimaldi ferry barcelona to porto torres
- 20 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 21 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey
- 22 Cornwall or Paris?
- 23 Paris T A X I
- 24 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 25 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N