Hi, hope you can help me with my idea, that is, say whether it's practical or not. I'm arriving (female, late 50's) at Plymouth airport 16 Sept 2014 and will have a car and 6 days to drive around SW England, stopping at will. I hoped to stay at B and B's without booking ahead and just meander along the coast road down to Lizard Point then back up to Padstow and across to Plymouth. Is this doable in this amount of time? I won't be going on all-day walks but will stroll along beaches more than in towns. Don't want to 'do' anything, I just want to be there and soak it all up. Daphne du Maurier is my favourite author and I'd like to see the settings of some of her novels. Will this work or am I in dreamland?
meandering in SW England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 2 What to wear
- 3 Small group for Colosseum
- 4 Any knowledge of the Kavouri - Vouliagmeni (Athens Suburbs) Greece
- 5 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 6 Useful website for France
- 7 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 8 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 9 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 10 Munich and Dachau
- 11 London visit
- 12 Duoro river cruises
- 13 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 14 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 15 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 16 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 17 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 18 SIM card for eastern europe
- 19 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 20 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 21 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 22 Madrid and London
- 23 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 24 21 Days in Central Europe
- 25 Three days in Spain