Hi, hope you can help me with my idea, that is, say whether it's practical or not. I'm arriving (female, late 50's) at Plymouth airport 16 Sept 2014 and will have a car and 6 days to drive around SW England, stopping at will. I hoped to stay at B and B's without booking ahead and just meander along the coast road down to Lizard Point then back up to Padstow and across to Plymouth. Is this doable in this amount of time? I won't be going on all-day walks but will stroll along beaches more than in towns. Don't want to 'do' anything, I just want to be there and soak it all up. Daphne du Maurier is my favourite author and I'd like to see the settings of some of her novels. Will this work or am I in dreamland?
meandering in SW England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 2 Moving to Belfast
- 3 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 4 Dresden restaurant recs: December 2014
- 5 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 6 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 7 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 8 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 9 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 10 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 11 Mt Titlus Engelberg mountain
- 12 Luggage sizing
- 13 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 14 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 15 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 16 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 17 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 18 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 19 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 20 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 21 Christmas in Munich
- 22 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 23 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 24 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 25 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?