Hi, hope you can help me with my idea, that is, say whether it's practical or not. I'm arriving (female, late 50's) at Plymouth airport 16 Sept 2014 and will have a car and 6 days to drive around SW England, stopping at will. I hoped to stay at B and B's without booking ahead and just meander along the coast road down to Lizard Point then back up to Padstow and across to Plymouth. Is this doable in this amount of time? I won't be going on all-day walks but will stroll along beaches more than in towns. Don't want to 'do' anything, I just want to be there and soak it all up. Daphne du Maurier is my favourite author and I'd like to see the settings of some of her novels. Will this work or am I in dreamland?
meandering in SW England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 2 Train from Rome Airport FCO to Florence
- 3 One night somewhere between Zurich and Geneva
- 4 where to stay in Lake Como in mid-May?
- 5 13 Day Trip to Italy
- 6 Hotel in Lisbon
- 7 Family travel to Paris and Alps
- 8 Medieval Dinner other than Bunratty
- 9 Napoli logistics
- 10 Central Europe - 16 Days
- 11 Where to honeymoon in Southern France and Northern Italy?
- 12 RER B & D change at G du Nord or Chatelet?
- 13 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 14 Croatia and Montenegro for 8 days
- 15 Florence during Holy Week
- 16 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 17 Leaving Tomorrow need some last minute advice
- 18 Istanbul's Prince's Islands
- 19 Paris on Palm Sunday and Easter
- 20 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 21 Restaurant Recommendations - Pula or Rovinj
- 22 Train tickets France and Spain
- 23 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 24 Resto recs for Valencia, Barc, Girona, Montpellier, St. Saturnin, Antibes
- 25 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.