Hi, hope you can help me with my idea, that is, say whether it's practical or not. I'm arriving (female, late 50's) at Plymouth airport 16 Sept 2014 and will have a car and 6 days to drive around SW England, stopping at will. I hoped to stay at B and B's without booking ahead and just meander along the coast road down to Lizard Point then back up to Padstow and across to Plymouth. Is this doable in this amount of time? I won't be going on all-day walks but will stroll along beaches more than in towns. Don't want to 'do' anything, I just want to be there and soak it all up. Daphne du Maurier is my favourite author and I'd like to see the settings of some of her novels. Will this work or am I in dreamland?
meandering in SW England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Turkey - Live report
- 2 Train from Paris to Avignon
- 3 Exchanging Dollars to Euros
- 4 Trans-Siberian Railway
- 5 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 6 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 7 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 8 Wish me luck please
- 9 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 10 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 11 Montpellier - To do? To eat? To Shop?
- 12 Paris: Best Bistros
- 13 Apartment in Seville in April help
- 14 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 15 Athens and which islands?
- 16 TGV and Intercités Sales Open April 2 forTravel Through August 30
- 17 Eleanor's Pages
- 18 Is the roof of La Grande Arche de la Défense open yet?
- 19 "Untours" as a tour guide
- 20 Exquisite side trip from Cinque Terre?
- 21 Trip from Vienna to Budapest
- 22 Help with Lucerne in April
- 23 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 24 Car rental at Athens airport
- 25 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!