Hi, hope you can help me with my idea, that is, say whether it's practical or not. I'm arriving (female, late 50's) at Plymouth airport 16 Sept 2014 and will have a car and 6 days to drive around SW England, stopping at will. I hoped to stay at B and B's without booking ahead and just meander along the coast road down to Lizard Point then back up to Padstow and across to Plymouth. Is this doable in this amount of time? I won't be going on all-day walks but will stroll along beaches more than in towns. Don't want to 'do' anything, I just want to be there and soak it all up. Daphne du Maurier is my favourite author and I'd like to see the settings of some of her novels. Will this work or am I in dreamland?
meandering in SW England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport ATMs
- 2 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 3 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 4 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 5 what is the easiest way to get from Sorrento to the Rome airport
- 6 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 7 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 8 Amalfi Coast & Positano Tours for Single Traveler who doesn't drive
- 9 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 10 Wineries near Amalfi Coast?
- 11 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 12 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 13 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 14 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 15 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 16 Three ferries to Mull
- 17 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 18 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 19 American Express
- 20 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 21 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 22 MY OWN physique are not That attractive
- 23 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 24 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 25 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange