Hi, hope you can help me with my idea, that is, say whether it's practical or not. I'm arriving (female, late 50's) at Plymouth airport 16 Sept 2014 and will have a car and 6 days to drive around SW England, stopping at will. I hoped to stay at B and B's without booking ahead and just meander along the coast road down to Lizard Point then back up to Padstow and across to Plymouth. Is this doable in this amount of time? I won't be going on all-day walks but will stroll along beaches more than in towns. Don't want to 'do' anything, I just want to be there and soak it all up. Daphne du Maurier is my favourite author and I'd like to see the settings of some of her novels. Will this work or am I in dreamland?
meandering in SW England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need suggestions for day trips in Provence
- 2 Italian Lakes + Switzerland
- 3 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 4 Lyon Arrondissements
- 5 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 6 Scenic Beauty in Greek Island ? Crete or other island ?
- 7 Garmisch
- 8 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 9 Venice - things to do?
- 10 Rome to Positano
- 11 DCC on the increase?
- 12 Need help with Normandy & Loire Valley itinerary + extra days
- 13 Lake Como -> Milan -> Last Supper; ferry,train,bus?? Help needed
- 14 Which 2 of these 3: Lekeitio, Getaria, and Hondarribia
- 15 Chamonix to Lyon by train or bus
- 16 Italy/ Spain in December
- 17 NT in devon and cornwall
- 18 Bernina and Glacier Express routes
- 19 travel in Spain or France from Barcelona or Madrid
- 20 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 21 help and advice
- 22 Where to stay in Paris - first time young, solo female
- 23 Sweden - Gothenburg and Malmö photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 24 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 25 Euro quiz # 89 - Potpourri