Hi, hope you can help me with my idea, that is, say whether it's practical or not. I'm arriving (female, late 50's) at Plymouth airport 16 Sept 2014 and will have a car and 6 days to drive around SW England, stopping at will. I hoped to stay at B and B's without booking ahead and just meander along the coast road down to Lizard Point then back up to Padstow and across to Plymouth. Is this doable in this amount of time? I won't be going on all-day walks but will stroll along beaches more than in towns. Don't want to 'do' anything, I just want to be there and soak it all up. Daphne du Maurier is my favourite author and I'd like to see the settings of some of her novels. Will this work or am I in dreamland?
meandering in SW England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 rail pass
- 2 Scotland and northern England
- 3 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 4 Germany for 3 weeks
- 5 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 6 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 7 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 8 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 9 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 10 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 11 England, Scotland and Ireland Self-guided Tours
- 12 Zurich and other cities to visit?
- 13 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 14 Does anyone travel with trip notes on an ipad? Tech help please!
- 15 Comments on Iceland Itinerary Please
- 16 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 17 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 18 4 weeks by rail starting Rome
- 19 Best area for apartment - attending conference Copenhagen
- 20 Need help on almost 3 weeks in Ireland: itinerary
- 21 Five weeks in Portugal - Does this route make sense?
- 22 Great restaurants in Italy
- 23 Madrid Airport - layover/immigration question
- 24 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 25 X-mas week in Istanbul trip report