Hi, hope you can help me with my idea, that is, say whether it's practical or not. I'm arriving (female, late 50's) at Plymouth airport 16 Sept 2014 and will have a car and 6 days to drive around SW England, stopping at will. I hoped to stay at B and B's without booking ahead and just meander along the coast road down to Lizard Point then back up to Padstow and across to Plymouth. Is this doable in this amount of time? I won't be going on all-day walks but will stroll along beaches more than in towns. Don't want to 'do' anything, I just want to be there and soak it all up. Daphne du Maurier is my favourite author and I'd like to see the settings of some of her novels. Will this work or am I in dreamland?
meandering in SW England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 2 Theater in London
- 3 Does this sound feasible?
- 4 Is it okay to wear a US service hat?
- 5 Tour Group Operators
- 6 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 7 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 8 Questions on Cork and Another Irish Town Suggestion!
- 9 Islands in mid October
- 10 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 11 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 12 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 13 Trip to Venice and Athens, with a cruise through Croatia and Greece
- 14 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 15 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 16 Dordogne in October
- 17 Ireland driving vacation
- 18 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 19 Scotland Wedding Planning, Added Belgium! Logistics help, Plz?
- 20 Travel sim with Free Incoming
- 21 Majorca - where to stay?
- 22 Late night train from Prague
- 23 Paris: Citypharma Du Four Bonaparte - a Trader Joe's for Beauty Items...
- 24 :"Europe's Masterworks Vs. the Masses"
- 25 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels