Hi, hope you can help me with my idea, that is, say whether it's practical or not. I'm arriving (female, late 50's) at Plymouth airport 16 Sept 2014 and will have a car and 6 days to drive around SW England, stopping at will. I hoped to stay at B and B's without booking ahead and just meander along the coast road down to Lizard Point then back up to Padstow and across to Plymouth. Is this doable in this amount of time? I won't be going on all-day walks but will stroll along beaches more than in towns. Don't want to 'do' anything, I just want to be there and soak it all up. Daphne du Maurier is my favourite author and I'd like to see the settings of some of her novels. Will this work or am I in dreamland?
meandering in SW England
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 2 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 3 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 4 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 5 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 6 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 7 Traveling within Italy
- 8 Limo Transfers from Fiumicino Rome Airport
- 9 Venice - canoeing / kayaking
- 10 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 11 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 12 Family European winter holiday
- 13 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 14 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 15 To Paris and Provence in June
- 16 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 17 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 18 Euro Train
- 19 Travel by train or bus
- 20 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 21 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 22 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 23 Florence in October
- 24 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 25 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report