Hi, hope you can help me with my idea, that is, say whether it's practical or not. I'm arriving (female, late 50's) at Plymouth airport 16 Sept 2014 and will have a car and 6 days to drive around SW England, stopping at will. I hoped to stay at B and B's without booking ahead and just meander along the coast road down to Lizard Point then back up to Padstow and across to Plymouth. Is this doable in this amount of time? I won't be going on all-day walks but will stroll along beaches more than in towns. Don't want to 'do' anything, I just want to be there and soak it all up. Daphne du Maurier is my favourite author and I'd like to see the settings of some of her novels. Will this work or am I in dreamland?
meandering in SW England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?
- 2 Photographer in Paris?
- 3 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 4 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 5 First visit to France in November
- 6 Traveling to Ireland and UK for 15 days
- 7 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 8 Coffee in Paris - Article from teh NYT
- 9 Hey Fodor's
- 10 How Much Did You Like Slovenia?
- 11 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 12 Advice please...
- 13 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 14 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 15 Late October Germany Itinerary--Any Feedback Welcome!
- 16 Which hotel in London?
- 17 Official Italy Tourism Website
- 18 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 19 Restaurant recommendation for Milan
- 20 19 countries in a day
- 21 Stansted Express Tickets - Advance Purchase
- 22 Venice; recommendations
- 23 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 24 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 25 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal