Hi, hope you can help me with my idea, that is, say whether it's practical or not. I'm arriving (female, late 50's) at Plymouth airport 16 Sept 2014 and will have a car and 6 days to drive around SW England, stopping at will. I hoped to stay at B and B's without booking ahead and just meander along the coast road down to Lizard Point then back up to Padstow and across to Plymouth. Is this doable in this amount of time? I won't be going on all-day walks but will stroll along beaches more than in towns. Don't want to 'do' anything, I just want to be there and soak it all up. Daphne du Maurier is my favourite author and I'd like to see the settings of some of her novels. Will this work or am I in dreamland?
meandering in SW England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French Etiquette! "Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur!
- 2 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 3 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 4 Greek Island honeymoon
- 5 Lake Como -> Milan -> Last Supper; ferry,train,bus?? Help needed
- 6 Any French Riviera Beach Reccs?
- 7 Victoria and Albert Museum
- 8 Naples and Salerno
- 9 Hello and advice please to help plan our visit
- 10 Bernina and Glacier Express routes
- 11 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 12 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 13 Lesson Learned - Speeding In France
- 14 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 15 Need help with Normandy & Loire Valley itinerary + extra days
- 16 Driving from Madrid to Seville.
- 17 Barcelona and Road Trip to Southern France
- 18 My poppy arrived today!
- 19 Take Your Geese Home When You Leave
- 20 Recommendation for one day trip from Cortona for first timers
- 21 Garmisch
- 22 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 23 Base for walking in Ireland.
- 24 France, Italy, Ireland ?
- 25 Floating the Gorge!!!