Hi, hope you can help me with my idea, that is, say whether it's practical or not. I'm arriving (female, late 50's) at Plymouth airport 16 Sept 2014 and will have a car and 6 days to drive around SW England, stopping at will. I hoped to stay at B and B's without booking ahead and just meander along the coast road down to Lizard Point then back up to Padstow and across to Plymouth. Is this doable in this amount of time? I won't be going on all-day walks but will stroll along beaches more than in towns. Don't want to 'do' anything, I just want to be there and soak it all up. Daphne du Maurier is my favourite author and I'd like to see the settings of some of her novels. Will this work or am I in dreamland?
meandering in SW England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best beach town in Italy?
- 2 A Greek sojourn
- 3 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 4 Bollywood in Berlin -- with English subs
- 5 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 6 Rome Underground Sites to Visit - Any Suggestions?
- 7 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 8 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 9 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 10 Is Venice really dirty?
- 11 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 12 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 13 Weekend in Norfolk
- 14 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 15 Micro trip report - a few days in Scotland
- 16 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 17 Autumn in Paris
- 18 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 19 Burgundy in May
- 20 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 21 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 22 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 23 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 24 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 25 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir