Hi, hope you can help me with my idea, that is, say whether it's practical or not. I'm arriving (female, late 50's) at Plymouth airport 16 Sept 2014 and will have a car and 6 days to drive around SW England, stopping at will. I hoped to stay at B and B's without booking ahead and just meander along the coast road down to Lizard Point then back up to Padstow and across to Plymouth. Is this doable in this amount of time? I won't be going on all-day walks but will stroll along beaches more than in towns. Don't want to 'do' anything, I just want to be there and soak it all up. Daphne du Maurier is my favourite author and I'd like to see the settings of some of her novels. Will this work or am I in dreamland?
meandering in SW England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 2 floods in Andalucia
- 3 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 4 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 5 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 6 Walking through Hyde park with luggage on a Sat morning?
- 7 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 8 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 9 Central Europe itinerary
- 10 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 11 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 12 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 13 Arriving in Prague
- 14 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 15 4 Months in Europe
- 16 2 Days in Rome
- 17 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 18 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 19 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 20 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 21 Tipping in the UK
- 22 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 23 2 weeks in Spain
- 24 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 25 Wines charted by flavor