Hi, hope you can help me with my idea, that is, say whether it's practical or not. I'm arriving (female, late 50's) at Plymouth airport 16 Sept 2014 and will have a car and 6 days to drive around SW England, stopping at will. I hoped to stay at B and B's without booking ahead and just meander along the coast road down to Lizard Point then back up to Padstow and across to Plymouth. Is this doable in this amount of time? I won't be going on all-day walks but will stroll along beaches more than in towns. Don't want to 'do' anything, I just want to be there and soak it all up. Daphne du Maurier is my favourite author and I'd like to see the settings of some of her novels. Will this work or am I in dreamland?
meandering in SW England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 2 Three days in Spain
- 3 Monet in Normandy
- 4 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 5 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 6 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 7 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 8 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 9 London visit
- 10 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 11 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 12 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 13 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 14 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 15 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 16 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 17 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 18 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 19 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 20 21 Days in Central Europe
- 21 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 22 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 23 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 24 best time to book accommodation
- 25 Madrid Tapas Tour