Hi, hope you can help me with my idea, that is, say whether it's practical or not. I'm arriving (female, late 50's) at Plymouth airport 16 Sept 2014 and will have a car and 6 days to drive around SW England, stopping at will. I hoped to stay at B and B's without booking ahead and just meander along the coast road down to Lizard Point then back up to Padstow and across to Plymouth. Is this doable in this amount of time? I won't be going on all-day walks but will stroll along beaches more than in towns. Don't want to 'do' anything, I just want to be there and soak it all up. Daphne du Maurier is my favourite author and I'd like to see the settings of some of her novels. Will this work or am I in dreamland?
meandering in SW England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 2 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 3 Italy and Croatia
- 4 Garmisch Partenkirchen : Help pick a guest house/pension
- 5 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 6 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 7 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 8 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 9 Spain, best travel route between Madrid & Barcelona?
- 10 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 11 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 12 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 13 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 14 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 15 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 16 Weekend in Norfolk
- 17 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 18 Best beach town in Italy?
- 19 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 20 A Greek sojourn
- 21 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 22 Bollywood in Berlin -- with English subs
- 23 Rome Underground Sites to Visit - Any Suggestions?
- 24 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 25 Is Venice really dirty?