Just to let anyone visiting London know that the State Opening will mean some road closures around Westminster affecting buses, but perhaps more importantly if you want to see a bit of extra pomp and circumstance, the Queen will go in a carriage procession leaving Buckingham Palace around 11am to. go down the Mall across Horse Guards and through to Whitehall, then down Whitehall to Parliament, arriving at 11.15. The main part of the ceremonial will be inside Parliament, of course, and shown on TV.
May 8: State Opening of Parliament - procession
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 2 Three for the road
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 5 Berlin
- 6 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 7 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 8 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 9 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 10 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 11 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 12 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 13 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 14 How early to get to CDG
- 15 Venice in Jan
- 16 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 17 Barcelona: Sagrada Familia: which tower to go up?
- 18 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 19 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 20 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 21 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 22 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 23 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 24 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 25 Prague Main Train Station