Just to let anyone visiting London know that the State Opening will mean some road closures around Westminster affecting buses, but perhaps more importantly if you want to see a bit of extra pomp and circumstance, the Queen will go in a carriage procession leaving Buckingham Palace around 11am to. go down the Mall across Horse Guards and through to Whitehall, then down Whitehall to Parliament, arriving at 11.15. The main part of the ceremonial will be inside Parliament, of course, and shown on TV.
May 8: State Opening of Parliament - procession
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 2 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 3 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 4 Scotland Votes "No"
- 5 Transports in Santorini
- 6 Can you be fined on the spot for falling off a scooter in Croatia
- 7 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 8 Please help with our Portugal itinerary.
- 9 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 10 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 11 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 13 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 14 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 15 Florence over Christmas w kids
- 16 Best day trips from Paris
- 17 Santorini transportation
- 18 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 19 Gift for French business associate
- 20 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 21 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 22 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 23 Hvar Town or Stari Grad
- 24 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 25 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?