My husband and I are planning a 16 day vacation to Prague, Vienna & the Dalmation coast in Croatia. I have a logistical question:
We're flying into Prague and spending a few days there, followed by taking a train to Vienna and spending a few days there. After this I'm a bit confused....do you recommend flying to Split and working our way down the coast to Dubrovnik or flying to Dubrovnik and working out way up north? Or it doesn't really matter? We have a choice to fly home (New York) from Split or Dubrovnik and there isn't much of a price differential....
In addition, what is the best mode of transport to explore the Dalmation coast? should we rent a car?
Thanks in advance!!!
May 2013 - 2 week vacay - Prague, Vienna & Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 wedding abroad
- 2 Monet's Giverny
- 3 2 Weeks in Spain for a wedding in Leon.
- 4 ferry messina to reggio calabria
- 5 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 6 Innsbruck or Interlaken/Jungfrau for winter activities in May
- 7 Train from Barcelona-Saints to Estacio de Franca
- 8 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 4 First Evening in Vienna
- 9 hotel near Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen
- 10 Three weeks in Italy with a two-year old
- 11 Paris or Rome in March or possibly September/October
- 12 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions
- 13 Cookware in France
- 14 Vespa Tour - Florence
- 15 apartment
- 16 Biking from The Hague to Rotterdam
- 17 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 18 Vaucluse Lavander
- 19 Recommended drivers for Tuscany
- 20 Tuscany-private driver for hire?
- 21 Pilgrim Churches of the Llyn Peninsula
- 22 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 23 English language info/site for Belgium bus services
- 24 Powerscourt OR Glendalough?
- 25 Switzerland - where to for this trip?