My husband and I are planning a 16 day vacation to Prague, Vienna & the Dalmation coast in Croatia. I have a logistical question:
We're flying into Prague and spending a few days there, followed by taking a train to Vienna and spending a few days there. After this I'm a bit confused....do you recommend flying to Split and working our way down the coast to Dubrovnik or flying to Dubrovnik and working out way up north? Or it doesn't really matter? We have a choice to fly home (New York) from Split or Dubrovnik and there isn't much of a price differential....
In addition, what is the best mode of transport to explore the Dalmation coast? should we rent a car?
Thanks in advance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 2 12 Days in Italy
- 3 Health insurance coverage
- 4 Vintage trip report: Greenland, 1995
- 5 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 6 A week in Greece, single woman alone
- 7 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 8 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 9 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 10 Family vacay in Europe
- 11 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 12 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 13 Italy - best two central locations
- 14 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 15 Another Book List for Italy
- 16 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 17 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 18 Day trip suggestion from London
- 19 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 20 Back to Paris--need hotel advice
- 21 Classical Music in Milan
- 22 Pousadas in Portugal
- 23 Eight Days in Berlin; Walks, Food, Museums and Ambivalence
- 24 Places to visits near Porto
- 25 From Denmark to Balkan and around