My husband and I are planning a 16 day vacation to Prague, Vienna & the Dalmation coast in Croatia. I have a logistical question:
We're flying into Prague and spending a few days there, followed by taking a train to Vienna and spending a few days there. After this I'm a bit confused....do you recommend flying to Split and working our way down the coast to Dubrovnik or flying to Dubrovnik and working out way up north? Or it doesn't really matter? We have a choice to fly home (New York) from Split or Dubrovnik and there isn't much of a price differential....
In addition, what is the best mode of transport to explore the Dalmation coast? should we rent a car?
Thanks in advance!!!
May 2013 - 2 week vacay - Prague, Vienna & Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 2 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 3 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 4 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 5 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 6 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 7 What to wear
- 8 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 9 How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
- 10 3 weeks in Europe
- 11 Barcelona and Italy itinerary...hotels all set, need help w some details
- 12 Ireland Southwest
- 13 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 14 Monet in Normandy
- 15 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 16 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 17 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 18 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 19 Matisse at Tate
- 20 Solo Trip to Rome for Language School
- 21 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 22 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 23 Madrid and London
- 24 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 25 What to book ahead in Barcelona?