My husband and I are planning a 16 day vacation to Prague, Vienna & the Dalmation coast in Croatia. I have a logistical question:
We're flying into Prague and spending a few days there, followed by taking a train to Vienna and spending a few days there. After this I'm a bit confused....do you recommend flying to Split and working our way down the coast to Dubrovnik or flying to Dubrovnik and working out way up north? Or it doesn't really matter? We have a choice to fly home (New York) from Split or Dubrovnik and there isn't much of a price differential....
In addition, what is the best mode of transport to explore the Dalmation coast? should we rent a car?
Thanks in advance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi coast
- 2 Hike from Muotta Naluns
- 3 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 4 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 5 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 6 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 7 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 8 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 9 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 10 Beaches in Southern France
- 11 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 12 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 13 rental car outskirts of Rome
- 14 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 15 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 16 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 17 French lavender and cottages
- 18 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 19 Rome to Pompeii, luggage goes where?
- 20 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 21 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 22 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 23 Rome Rental Car
- 24 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 25 Iceland Waterfall Advice