My husband and I are planning a 16 day vacation to Prague, Vienna & the Dalmation coast in Croatia. I have a logistical question:
We're flying into Prague and spending a few days there, followed by taking a train to Vienna and spending a few days there. After this I'm a bit confused....do you recommend flying to Split and working our way down the coast to Dubrovnik or flying to Dubrovnik and working out way up north? Or it doesn't really matter? We have a choice to fly home (New York) from Split or Dubrovnik and there isn't much of a price differential....
In addition, what is the best mode of transport to explore the Dalmation coast? should we rent a car?
Thanks in advance!!!
May 2013 - 2 week vacay - Prague, Vienna & Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 full days in Paris
- 2 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 3 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 4 Help with Madrid Location
- 5 Help for San Sebastian
- 6 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 7 Venice, just arrived
- 8 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 9 Central London Hotels
- 10 Flybe Airlines from Dublin to Southampton
- 11 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 12 3 days in Rome
- 13 2 Days in Rome
- 14 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 15 where to stay dolomites Italy
- 16 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 17 Help with 2 for 1 offers in London
- 18 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 19 Greece with 4 months baby old in September
- 20 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 21 23 days in Italy - itenerary HELP
- 22 8 days in Switzerland in October first week
- 23 Belated Paris trip report, May 16-24 2014 part 2: the actual trip
- 24 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 25 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon