My husband and I are planning a 16 day vacation to Prague, Vienna & the Dalmation coast in Croatia. I have a logistical question:
We're flying into Prague and spending a few days there, followed by taking a train to Vienna and spending a few days there. After this I'm a bit confused....do you recommend flying to Split and working our way down the coast to Dubrovnik or flying to Dubrovnik and working out way up north? Or it doesn't really matter? We have a choice to fly home (New York) from Split or Dubrovnik and there isn't much of a price differential....
In addition, what is the best mode of transport to explore the Dalmation coast? should we rent a car?
Thanks in advance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How big backpack do I need?
- 2 Help with 2nd European Spot
- 3 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 4 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 5 Must visit wineries in Alsace?
- 6 Munich Under Attack...
- 7 From Genoa to Rome...
- 8 Dentix in Spain
- 9 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 10 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 11 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 12 First trip - destination advice!
- 13 Norway Itinerary and recommendations?
- 14 Trip Report: Bergen-Andalsnes-Oslo (June/July 2016)
- 15 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 16 Spain in November
- 17 Stonehenge and Bath
- 18 Path of the Gods Question
- 19 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 20 Should I speculate?
- 21 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 22 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 23 Prague on a budget...
- 24 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 25 Le Marche Sept./Oct.