My husband and I are planning a 16 day vacation to Prague, Vienna & the Dalmation coast in Croatia. I have a logistical question:
We're flying into Prague and spending a few days there, followed by taking a train to Vienna and spending a few days there. After this I'm a bit confused....do you recommend flying to Split and working our way down the coast to Dubrovnik or flying to Dubrovnik and working out way up north? Or it doesn't really matter? We have a choice to fly home (New York) from Split or Dubrovnik and there isn't much of a price differential....
In addition, what is the best mode of transport to explore the Dalmation coast? should we rent a car?
Thanks in advance!!!
May 2013 - 2 week vacay - Prague, Vienna & Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 2 Basel Customs - Forgotten Pasport: photocopy suffice?
- 3 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 4 Madrid...where for evening stroll on first night?
- 5 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 6 Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris
- 7 Visiting Anne Frank House
- 8 Barcellona hop on hop off bus tour
- 9 Hydra to Peloponnese to Zakynthos...a few questions
- 10 Gorges du Verdon or take the A8 from Nice towards Aix?
- 11 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 12 From Dingle to Dublin?
- 13 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 14 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 15 Road Trip Part 1...............Madrid To Lisbon by Auto
- 16 Visiting the winemakers in Portugal
- 17 Train from Sarlat
- 18 1 Night Paris before Eurostar - Where to stay
- 19 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 20 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 21 Poland Safety
- 22 Better to rent a car in Venice or Padua?
- 23 scotland trave;
- 24 London and Paris Feb 2015
- 25 Zurich Airport Hotel or near railway station in Zurich, or elsewhere?