My husband and I are planning a 16 day vacation to Prague, Vienna & the Dalmation coast in Croatia. I have a logistical question:
We're flying into Prague and spending a few days there, followed by taking a train to Vienna and spending a few days there. After this I'm a bit confused....do you recommend flying to Split and working our way down the coast to Dubrovnik or flying to Dubrovnik and working out way up north? Or it doesn't really matter? We have a choice to fly home (New York) from Split or Dubrovnik and there isn't much of a price differential....
In addition, what is the best mode of transport to explore the Dalmation coast? should we rent a car?
Thanks in advance!!!
May 2013 - 2 week vacay - Prague, Vienna & Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What do you think of this itinerary?
- 2 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 3 New Chip and Pin Card from American Airlines
- 4 Napoli logistics
- 5 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 6 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 7 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 8 Barcellona hop on hop off bus tour
- 9 Greece ferries/speed boats?
- 10 buying souviners and art
- 11 Italy food budget
- 12 Tax refund in France
- 13 Piazza Navona hotel in Rome help
- 14 Positano in high season???
- 15 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 16 Is Greece cheaper to visit then Italy and France??
- 17 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 18 Archaeological Find In Paris
- 19 Spain in late November/early December
- 20 Train tickets France and Spain
- 21 Pestana Porto Hotel in Porto
- 22 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 23 Scandinavian Tour
- 24 Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris
- 25 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip