My husband and I are planning a 16 day vacation to Prague, Vienna & the Dalmation coast in Croatia. I have a logistical question:
We're flying into Prague and spending a few days there, followed by taking a train to Vienna and spending a few days there. After this I'm a bit confused....do you recommend flying to Split and working our way down the coast to Dubrovnik or flying to Dubrovnik and working out way up north? Or it doesn't really matter? We have a choice to fly home (New York) from Split or Dubrovnik and there isn't much of a price differential....
In addition, what is the best mode of transport to explore the Dalmation coast? should we rent a car?
Thanks in advance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A week in Vienna
- 2 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 3 Bath or Exeter
- 4 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 5 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 6 air conditioning
- 7 London(ish) calling. 33C at 10:00am!
- 8 Fall 2016 England andScotland
- 9 Backpacking Europe with my Bestfriend (18yo f)
- 10 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 11 Iceland - a brief trip report
- 12 Self-driving in Iceland
- 13 Spain (Ibiza or Majorca)
- 14 Barcelona Itinerary
- 15 Trip Report: Berlin
- 16 short trip klon to koblenz
- 17 German itinerary advice ending in Baltic cruise
- 18 Turkey Draft Itinerary
- 19 Interesting new site in Utrecht
- 20 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 21 Riadhou
- 22 Iceland
- 23 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 24 Slovenia & Croatia itinerary help
- 25 Ann Frank House