My husband and I are planning a 16 day vacation to Prague, Vienna & the Dalmation coast in Croatia. I have a logistical question:
We're flying into Prague and spending a few days there, followed by taking a train to Vienna and spending a few days there. After this I'm a bit confused....do you recommend flying to Split and working our way down the coast to Dubrovnik or flying to Dubrovnik and working out way up north? Or it doesn't really matter? We have a choice to fly home (New York) from Split or Dubrovnik and there isn't much of a price differential....
In addition, what is the best mode of transport to explore the Dalmation coast? should we rent a car?
Thanks in advance!!!
May 2013 - 2 week vacay - Prague, Vienna & Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 2 A Greek sojourn
- 3 Autumn in Paris
- 4 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 5 Is Venice really dirty?
- 6 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 7 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 8 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 9 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 10 Weekend in Norfolk
- 11 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 12 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 13 Updated ATM info for Greece and Turkey
- 14 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 15 Spain, best travel route between Madrid & Barcelona?
- 16 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 17 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 18 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 19 If you are looking for a good restaurant in Lisbon..
- 20 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 21 Burgundy in May
- 22 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 23 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 24 St Germain
- 25 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??