My husband and I are planning a 16 day vacation to Prague, Vienna & the Dalmation coast in Croatia. I have a logistical question:
We're flying into Prague and spending a few days there, followed by taking a train to Vienna and spending a few days there. After this I'm a bit confused....do you recommend flying to Split and working our way down the coast to Dubrovnik or flying to Dubrovnik and working out way up north? Or it doesn't really matter? We have a choice to fly home (New York) from Split or Dubrovnik and there isn't much of a price differential....
In addition, what is the best mode of transport to explore the Dalmation coast? should we rent a car?
Thanks in advance!!!
May 2013 - 2 week vacay - Prague, Vienna & Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Months in Europe
- 2 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 3 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 4 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 5 2 weeks in Spain
- 6 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 7 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 8 Wines charted by flavor
- 9 Museum Pass
- 10 Central Europe itinerary
- 11 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 12 Arriving in Prague
- 13 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 14 France in October
- 15 Day trips out of Florence?
- 16 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 17 Venice; recommendations
- 18 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 19 48 hours to departure for Switzerland...questions on Swiss Pass
- 20 7 countries in a month
- 21 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 22 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 23 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 24 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 25 A taste of Norway: Bergen and the fjords for four day