My husband and I are planning a 16 day vacation to Prague, Vienna & the Dalmation coast in Croatia. I have a logistical question:
We're flying into Prague and spending a few days there, followed by taking a train to Vienna and spending a few days there. After this I'm a bit confused....do you recommend flying to Split and working our way down the coast to Dubrovnik or flying to Dubrovnik and working out way up north? Or it doesn't really matter? We have a choice to fly home (New York) from Split or Dubrovnik and there isn't much of a price differential....
In addition, what is the best mode of transport to explore the Dalmation coast? should we rent a car?
Thanks in advance!!!
May 2013 - 2 week vacay - Prague, Vienna & Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Escargot
- 2 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 3 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 4 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 5 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 6 1st time to europe- from 0ct 3-26 2014 train advance ticket advice
- 7 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 8 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 9 Interested In Coach Passes
- 10 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 11 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 12 Need help - Train from Marseille airport to Paris
- 13 Alterations to night trains routes
- 14 first family trip to Switzerland
- 15 Customs & Immigration Necessary at Frankfurt Germany Airport???
- 16 Itinerary update and request for help with side trip from Munich
- 17 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 18 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 19 Pisa or Siena?
- 20 2 nights in Venice - what restaurants should we not miss?
- 21 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 22 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 23 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 24 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 25 MXP to Dolomites--Where To Stay In Between