My husband and I are planning a 16 day vacation to Prague, Vienna & the Dalmation coast in Croatia. I have a logistical question:
We're flying into Prague and spending a few days there, followed by taking a train to Vienna and spending a few days there. After this I'm a bit confused....do you recommend flying to Split and working our way down the coast to Dubrovnik or flying to Dubrovnik and working out way up north? Or it doesn't really matter? We have a choice to fly home (New York) from Split or Dubrovnik and there isn't much of a price differential....
In addition, what is the best mode of transport to explore the Dalmation coast? should we rent a car?
Thanks in advance!!!
May 2013 - 2 week vacay - Prague, Vienna & Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 2 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 3 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 4 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 5 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 6 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 7 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 8 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 9 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 10 I dream of Europe
- 11 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 12 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 13 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 14 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 15 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 16 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 17 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 18 Rome Food Tour
- 19 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 20 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 21 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 22 First Time to UK since 2001
- 23 Help with England/Wales tour
- 24 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 25 Autumn in Paris