My husband and I are planning a 16 day vacation to Prague, Vienna & the Dalmation coast in Croatia. I have a logistical question:
We're flying into Prague and spending a few days there, followed by taking a train to Vienna and spending a few days there. After this I'm a bit confused....do you recommend flying to Split and working our way down the coast to Dubrovnik or flying to Dubrovnik and working out way up north? Or it doesn't really matter? We have a choice to fly home (New York) from Split or Dubrovnik and there isn't much of a price differential....
In addition, what is the best mode of transport to explore the Dalmation coast? should we rent a car?
Thanks in advance!!!
May 2013 - 2 week vacay - Prague, Vienna & Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 2 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 3 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 4 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 5 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 6 Short-stay apartment in Italy -- common practices?
- 7 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 8 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 9 Airport to Piraeus
- 10 Trieste and Koper
- 11 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 12 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?
- 13 Very early departure from Istanbul airport
- 14 What still confounds you about travel?
- 15 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 16 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 17 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 18 Questions for my German friends
- 19 Pronunciation
- 20 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 21 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 22 Stay near Paris
- 23 Monet in Normandy
- 24 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 25 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays