My husband and I are planning a 16 day vacation to Prague, Vienna & the Dalmation coast in Croatia. I have a logistical question:
We're flying into Prague and spending a few days there, followed by taking a train to Vienna and spending a few days there. After this I'm a bit confused....do you recommend flying to Split and working our way down the coast to Dubrovnik or flying to Dubrovnik and working out way up north? Or it doesn't really matter? We have a choice to fly home (New York) from Split or Dubrovnik and there isn't much of a price differential....
In addition, what is the best mode of transport to explore the Dalmation coast? should we rent a car?
Thanks in advance!!!
May 2013 - 2 week vacay - Prague, Vienna & Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 2 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 3 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 4 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 5 Food options near Tower (& Leadenhall Mkt?)
- 6 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 7 England in 7 days
- 8 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 9 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 10 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 11 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 12 first trip to Spain - questions and itinerary review
- 13 To Prague or not to Prague
- 14 Is Scotland and Northern England still green in October?
- 15 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 16 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 17 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 18 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 19 Ireland's west coast
- 20 Louvre vs. Orsay/Rodin
- 21 Pickup rental car in Germany and drop off in Switzerland
- 22 Norway- 1 week trip in May
- 23 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 24 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 25 Stansted Express or National Express - which is better?