My husband and I are planning a 16 day vacation to Prague, Vienna & the Dalmation coast in Croatia. I have a logistical question:
We're flying into Prague and spending a few days there, followed by taking a train to Vienna and spending a few days there. After this I'm a bit confused....do you recommend flying to Split and working our way down the coast to Dubrovnik or flying to Dubrovnik and working out way up north? Or it doesn't really matter? We have a choice to fly home (New York) from Split or Dubrovnik and there isn't much of a price differential....
In addition, what is the best mode of transport to explore the Dalmation coast? should we rent a car?
Thanks in advance!!!
May 2013 - 2 week vacay - Prague, Vienna & Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 2 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 3 Spain- Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park
- 4 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 5 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 6 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 7 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 8 I'm in a funk
- 9 Honeymoon in Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
- 10 Ireland driving vacation
- 11 Bike touring in France
- 12 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 13 Things to do near Nice
- 14 Student Visas/Schengen Zone
- 15 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 16 Amsterdam vs Prague
- 17 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 18 Rotterdam - Amsterdam Parking
- 19 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 20 Mama Mia Italy!
- 21 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 22 Vespa Tours in Rome
- 23 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 24 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 25 Germany Visa for conference