My husband and I are planning a 16 day vacation to Prague, Vienna & the Dalmation coast in Croatia. I have a logistical question:
We're flying into Prague and spending a few days there, followed by taking a train to Vienna and spending a few days there. After this I'm a bit confused....do you recommend flying to Split and working our way down the coast to Dubrovnik or flying to Dubrovnik and working out way up north? Or it doesn't really matter? We have a choice to fly home (New York) from Split or Dubrovnik and there isn't much of a price differential....
In addition, what is the best mode of transport to explore the Dalmation coast? should we rent a car?
Thanks in advance!!!
May 2013 - 2 week vacay - Prague, Vienna & Croatia
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 TGV and Provence questions
- 3 Novels set in Greece
- 4 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 5 Greek islands from Turkey
- 6 To Paris and Provence in June
- 7 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 8 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 11 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 12 More help with housing in Puglia
- 13 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 14 Euro Train
- 15 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 16 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 17 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 18 Rome Accommodation
- 19 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 20 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 21 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 22 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 23 Italian Lakes gardens
- 24 London for Christmas
- 25 Garmisch, Nuremberg and Munich Nov trip