My husband and I are planning a 16 day vacation to Prague, Vienna & the Dalmation coast in Croatia. I have a logistical question:
We're flying into Prague and spending a few days there, followed by taking a train to Vienna and spending a few days there. After this I'm a bit confused....do you recommend flying to Split and working our way down the coast to Dubrovnik or flying to Dubrovnik and working out way up north? Or it doesn't really matter? We have a choice to fly home (New York) from Split or Dubrovnik and there isn't much of a price differential....
In addition, what is the best mode of transport to explore the Dalmation coast? should we rent a car?
Thanks in advance!!!
May 2013 - 2 week vacay - Prague, Vienna & Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation in Paris
- 2 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 3 First pass itinerary for Spain in October?
- 4 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 5 TURKEY + ? in 20 days
- 6 Trip from Berlin to Romantic Road towns/Bavaria
- 7 Urgent Need of Advice
- 8 tour guides for Copenhagen?
- 9 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 10 French rental car advice needed
- 11 Plan for the Drive from York to Edinburgh
- 12 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 13 Some Observations on a Fantastic Journey through Western Turkey
- 14 Vineyard visit from Paris (day trip): Burgundy vs Lorie Valley
- 15 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 16 Driving Croatia turkey via Greece
- 17 Macarons!
- 18 Arc de Triomphe Elevator
- 19 Train from Rome Airport FCO to Florence
- 20 Best of Southern France and Spain
- 21 Breaking out of the Nutshell: Oslo, Bergen, the Sognefjord and Copenhagen
- 22 Dijon or Beaune for overnight?
- 23 Southern Turkey -- hiking the Lycian Way
- 24 Lycian Way
- 25 Sintra - How to avoid steep uphill walking