My husband and I are planning a 16 day vacation to Prague, Vienna & the Dalmation coast in Croatia. I have a logistical question:
We're flying into Prague and spending a few days there, followed by taking a train to Vienna and spending a few days there. After this I'm a bit confused....do you recommend flying to Split and working our way down the coast to Dubrovnik or flying to Dubrovnik and working out way up north? Or it doesn't really matter? We have a choice to fly home (New York) from Split or Dubrovnik and there isn't much of a price differential....
In addition, what is the best mode of transport to explore the Dalmation coast? should we rent a car?
Thanks in advance!!!
May 2013 - 2 week vacay - Prague, Vienna & Croatia
- 1 Rome Accommodation
- 2 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 3 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 4 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 7 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 8 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 9 Greek islands from Turkey
- 10 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 11 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 12 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 13 rent car / Munich
- 14 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 15 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 16 Italian Lakes gardens
- 17 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 18 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 19 TGV and Provence questions
- 20 Novels set in Greece
- 21 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 22 To Paris and Provence in June
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 25 More help with housing in Puglia