My husband and I are planning a 16 day vacation to Prague, Vienna & the Dalmation coast in Croatia. I have a logistical question:
We're flying into Prague and spending a few days there, followed by taking a train to Vienna and spending a few days there. After this I'm a bit confused....do you recommend flying to Split and working our way down the coast to Dubrovnik or flying to Dubrovnik and working out way up north? Or it doesn't really matter? We have a choice to fly home (New York) from Split or Dubrovnik and there isn't much of a price differential....
In addition, what is the best mode of transport to explore the Dalmation coast? should we rent a car?
Thanks in advance!!!
May 2013 - 2 week vacay - Prague, Vienna & Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 2 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 3 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 4 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 5 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 6 Dublin to Armagh?
- 7 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 8 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 9 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 10 Trains in Italy
- 11 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 12 England and Scotland
- 13 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 14 Air pollution in Paris
- 15 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 16 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 17 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 18 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 19 Naxos in May
- 20 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 21 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 22 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 23 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 24 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 25 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger