My husband and I are planning a 16 day vacation to Prague, Vienna & the Dalmation coast in Croatia. I have a logistical question:
We're flying into Prague and spending a few days there, followed by taking a train to Vienna and spending a few days there. After this I'm a bit confused....do you recommend flying to Split and working our way down the coast to Dubrovnik or flying to Dubrovnik and working out way up north? Or it doesn't really matter? We have a choice to fly home (New York) from Split or Dubrovnik and there isn't much of a price differential....
In addition, what is the best mode of transport to explore the Dalmation coast? should we rent a car?
Thanks in advance!!!
May 2013 - 2 week vacay - Prague, Vienna & Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 2 What are the best places to see in England
- 3 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 4 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 5 Suggestions for a nice hotel in Stockholm?
- 6 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 7 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 8 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 9 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 10 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 11 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 12 Estonia Amber
- 13 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 14 Tight Planning?
- 15 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 16 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 17 Villa rental suggestions in Umbira or Positano please
- 18 Travel with Teens
- 19 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 20 Personal recommendations where to stay for family of 5 in Sorrento
- 21 One week in Venice - trips
- 22 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 23 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 24 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 25 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?