My husband and I are planning a 16 day vacation to Prague, Vienna & the Dalmation coast in Croatia. I have a logistical question:
We're flying into Prague and spending a few days there, followed by taking a train to Vienna and spending a few days there. After this I'm a bit confused....do you recommend flying to Split and working our way down the coast to Dubrovnik or flying to Dubrovnik and working out way up north? Or it doesn't really matter? We have a choice to fly home (New York) from Split or Dubrovnik and there isn't much of a price differential....
In addition, what is the best mode of transport to explore the Dalmation coast? should we rent a car?
Thanks in advance!!!
May 2013 - 2 week vacay - Prague, Vienna & Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 2 Age for booking a hotel?
- 3 Amboise to Carcassonne, where to stop?
- 4 Is this realistic... advice?
- 5 Satnav maps update
- 6 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 7 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 8 Rolling bags in Venice
- 9 Greece ( 8 Nights)
- 10 GPS with rental car in Europe
- 11 Big and little towns of Europe
- 12 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 13 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 14 Trip Report -- Spain and Portugal, 2014
- 15 Spending time in Berner Oblerand - Take a side trip to Saas Fee?
- 16 Looking for some advice for an April Itenerary!
- 17 Best london location to stay?
- 18 Where to go in France mid July?
- 19 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 20 Tell me about Manchester
- 21 Euro Quiz #44 - Museum Pourri
- 22 France to Italy advice needed please
- 23 Snagged the last ice cave in 2015 - Now What?
- 24 Venice Airport: How Long to Get Through Passport Clearance
- 25 16 day Trip to Spain - Advise on Itinerary