I was online today just trying to estimate the timing on some things -- and couldn't get the Trenord website or app to transact far enough through the process to give me a price.
So I thought, "Would these tickets be sold out?" And then I thought I would check to see if it is a holiday. It is -- Labor Day -- but I think the sites were just glitched, and nothing more, because I was able to find the information I needed by going through the man in seat 61's site. There are definitely seats on the trains left.
But now I am still wondering if I should buy my (single) ticket in advance in case they might sell out over the next month? I am landing at MXP after a long flight from LAX and need to meet up with my family in Verona. I land at 8:35 am. I usually wouldn't buy tickets in advance because I wouldn't know how to estimate how long it would take to reunite with my luggage, get through customs, etc. It is my understanding that I take one train to the city called the Malpensa Express, then board another from Centrale to Verona Porta Nueva.
What are your thoughts? Appreciate your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 COMCAST@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 How to travel from Thessaloniki airport to Halkidiki
- 3 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 4 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 5 NEED AN URGENT LOAN?
- 6 Renting a car in Greece
- 7 Iceland france spain
- 8 Ex-pats with young kids
- 9 Maximizing Norway time
- 10 Greece
- 11 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 12 southeast sicily town as home base
- 13 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 14 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 15 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 16 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 17 London with Teens Trip Report
- 18 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 19 Top Tapas Tascas
- 20 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 23 Iceland car rental agencies
- 24 Ludwig Castles
- 25 Best Viking Sites
May 1st Labor Day in Italy -- Should I buy train tix in advance?