Wonder if there are any Peak District experts on here?
I have 2.5 days in Matlock for (2) exciting (for me) reasons: Chatsworth House and the Red Carriage Stables & Carriage Museum.
Due to time constraints & over-the-top expense of a rental car from Derby, I have decided to walk or use bus/rail. (For 2 days, from Derby Midlands Airport to Manchester airport, rates are $150>. If anyone has other ideas on rental car saving, I'd appreciate it.)
There appears to be a 214/215 Bus from Matlock (to Chatsworth, Baslow, Sheffield).
Time table reads:
(start) Matlock, County Hall
Matlock, Bakewell Road
Darley Dale, Broadwalk
The Carriage Museum is on Old Road, Darley Dale, Matlock DE4 2ER (between Matlock, Bakewell Road stop and the Darley Dale, Broadwalk stop).
I believe I can ring the bus to stop somewhere along the way, couldn't I?
Anyone ever take this bus? Do I have to overshoot or undershoot the Museum?
I think the link shows the bus route, but I can't tell.
Any insight/info. would be greatly appreciated! My next step will be to attempt to get a live person at the bus company.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Have I made a mistake in my apartment choice in Paris?
- 2 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 3 Where to stay between Galway & Killarney
- 4 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 5 Any recent visitors to Aran Sweater Market Inis Mor Island, Ireland?
- 6 Stonehenge from London: how to arrange private tour?
- 7 short trip klon to koblenz
- 8 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 9 Referendum in Greece
- 10 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 11 What company to rent a AUTOMATIC car in France?
- 12 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 13 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 14 Where to go in Southern Italy in December?
- 15 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 16 Vienna Pass for 5 Days
- 17 Bath or Exeter
- 18 Just Us 2 Wedding and 2 Wks in Europe. We need help planning please!
- 19 Lost in venice
- 20 Advice on Tuscan hilltowns itinerary
- 21 Interesting new site in Utrecht
- 22 air conditioning
- 23 railfrom amstedam to reims fr
- 24 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 25 Backpacking Europe with my Bestfriend (18yo f)
Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum