Wonder if there are any Peak District experts on here?
I have 2.5 days in Matlock for (2) exciting (for me) reasons: Chatsworth House and the Red Carriage Stables & Carriage Museum.
Due to time constraints & over-the-top expense of a rental car from Derby, I have decided to walk or use bus/rail. (For 2 days, from Derby Midlands Airport to Manchester airport, rates are $150>. If anyone has other ideas on rental car saving, I'd appreciate it.)
There appears to be a 214/215 Bus from Matlock (to Chatsworth, Baslow, Sheffield).
Time table reads:
(start) Matlock, County Hall
Matlock, Bakewell Road
Darley Dale, Broadwalk
The Carriage Museum is on Old Road, Darley Dale, Matlock DE4 2ER (between Matlock, Bakewell Road stop and the Darley Dale, Broadwalk stop).
I believe I can ring the bus to stop somewhere along the way, couldn't I?
Anyone ever take this bus? Do I have to overshoot or undershoot the Museum?
I think the link shows the bus route, but I can't tell.
Any insight/info. would be greatly appreciated! My next step will be to attempt to get a live person at the bus company.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Short break over xmas - where?
- 2 2 Week Trip to Central/Eastern Europe
- 3 Help with 1 week in Normandy / Loire Valley
- 4 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 5 Venice - airport, cruise ship terminal, hotel, & airport taxi question
- 6 Appropriate wear for restaurants
- 7 What area of Venice to stay?
- 8 Amalfi Coast / Greek Isles Itinerary
- 9 June or August: Ireland/London/Belgium/Paris
- 10 Where should I spend my birthday?
- 11 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 12 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 13 Getting from Chianciano Terme to Venice
- 14 On foot Gibraltar queue
- 15 Iceland 2 week trip itinerary/report
- 16 Guys please Help, Italy areas, where to stay. Running out of time.
- 17 Is this a good hotel and loaction in Paris?
- 18 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.
- 19 How has Rome changed in last 30 years?
- 20 Charles DeGaulle to Paris
- 21 Italy for 2 weeks in late September to early October
- 22 Help - Paris or Rome in December?
- 23 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 24 Need help planning a 20 day trip
- 25 My summer in Paris
Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum