Wonder if there are any Peak District experts on here?
I have 2.5 days in Matlock for (2) exciting (for me) reasons: Chatsworth House and the Red Carriage Stables & Carriage Museum.
Due to time constraints & over-the-top expense of a rental car from Derby, I have decided to walk or use bus/rail. (For 2 days, from Derby Midlands Airport to Manchester airport, rates are $150>. If anyone has other ideas on rental car saving, I'd appreciate it.)
There appears to be a 214/215 Bus from Matlock (to Chatsworth, Baslow, Sheffield).
Time table reads:
(start) Matlock, County Hall
Matlock, Bakewell Road
Darley Dale, Broadwalk
The Carriage Museum is on Old Road, Darley Dale, Matlock DE4 2ER (between Matlock, Bakewell Road stop and the Darley Dale, Broadwalk stop).
I believe I can ring the bus to stop somewhere along the way, couldn't I?
Anyone ever take this bus? Do I have to overshoot or undershoot the Museum?
I think the link shows the bus route, but I can't tell.
Any insight/info. would be greatly appreciated! My next step will be to attempt to get a live person at the bus company.
Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 2 Globus Tours
- 3 Help with Madrid Location
- 4 Italy and Greece
- 5 How to Use a Transilien Train from Paris in Ile de France?
- 6 Ireland Itinerary Feedback Please
- 7 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 8 Oslo or Stockholm?
- 9 Trip Report: Arles, Dordogne and Paris, June-July 2014
- 10 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 11 3 days in Rome
- 12 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 13 2 Days in Rome
- 14 Finalizing our Austria and Switzerland trip - last minute advice?
- 15 VENICE, Italy - Hotel Venezia Boscolo to ship cruise terminals
- 16 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 17 Central London Hotels
- 18 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 19 Optometrist in Tallinn
- 20 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 21 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 22 Venice, just arrived
- 23 First Trip to Europe
- 24 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 25 Skip the line at Vatican museum?