Wonder if there are any Peak District experts on here?
I have 2.5 days in Matlock for (2) exciting (for me) reasons: Chatsworth House and the Red Carriage Stables & Carriage Museum.
Due to time constraints & over-the-top expense of a rental car from Derby, I have decided to walk or use bus/rail. (For 2 days, from Derby Midlands Airport to Manchester airport, rates are $150>. If anyone has other ideas on rental car saving, I'd appreciate it.)
There appears to be a 214/215 Bus from Matlock (to Chatsworth, Baslow, Sheffield).
Time table reads:
(start) Matlock, County Hall
Matlock, Bakewell Road
Darley Dale, Broadwalk
The Carriage Museum is on Old Road, Darley Dale, Matlock DE4 2ER (between Matlock, Bakewell Road stop and the Darley Dale, Broadwalk stop).
I believe I can ring the bus to stop somewhere along the way, couldn't I?
Anyone ever take this bus? Do I have to overshoot or undershoot the Museum?
I think the link shows the bus route, but I can't tell.
Any insight/info. would be greatly appreciated! My next step will be to attempt to get a live person at the bus company.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 2 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 3 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 4 Portugal itinerary help
- 5 First Time Solo Travel info
- 6 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 7 Prague hotels
- 8 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 9 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 10 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 11 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 12 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 13 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 14 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 15 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 16 Munich
- 17 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 18 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 19 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 20 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 21 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 22 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 23 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 24 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 25 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum