Wonder if there are any Peak District experts on here?
I have 2.5 days in Matlock for (2) exciting (for me) reasons: Chatsworth House and the Red Carriage Stables & Carriage Museum.
Due to time constraints & over-the-top expense of a rental car from Derby, I have decided to walk or use bus/rail. (For 2 days, from Derby Midlands Airport to Manchester airport, rates are $150>. If anyone has other ideas on rental car saving, I'd appreciate it.)
There appears to be a 214/215 Bus from Matlock (to Chatsworth, Baslow, Sheffield).
Time table reads:
(start) Matlock, County Hall
Matlock, Bakewell Road
Darley Dale, Broadwalk
The Carriage Museum is on Old Road, Darley Dale, Matlock DE4 2ER (between Matlock, Bakewell Road stop and the Darley Dale, Broadwalk stop).
I believe I can ring the bus to stop somewhere along the way, couldn't I?
Anyone ever take this bus? Do I have to overshoot or undershoot the Museum?
I think the link shows the bus route, but I can't tell.
Any insight/info. would be greatly appreciated! My next step will be to attempt to get a live person at the bus company.
Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Touring Dover Castle
- 2 7 Nights in Paris
- 3 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 4 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 5 Santorini transportation
- 6 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 7 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 8 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 9 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 10 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 11 Cell phones in Ireland
- 12 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 13 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 14 Carry on luggage only with a family travelling to Europe?
- 15 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 16 Madrid and London
- 17 Riverboat Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 18 Ireland: Need help deciding about maps and SIM card
- 19 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 20 Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia
- 21 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 22 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 23 3 weeks in Europe
- 24 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 25 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover