Wonder if there are any Peak District experts on here?
I have 2.5 days in Matlock for (2) exciting (for me) reasons: Chatsworth House and the Red Carriage Stables & Carriage Museum.
Due to time constraints & over-the-top expense of a rental car from Derby, I have decided to walk or use bus/rail. (For 2 days, from Derby Midlands Airport to Manchester airport, rates are $150>. If anyone has other ideas on rental car saving, I'd appreciate it.)
There appears to be a 214/215 Bus from Matlock (to Chatsworth, Baslow, Sheffield).
Time table reads:
(start) Matlock, County Hall
Matlock, Bakewell Road
Darley Dale, Broadwalk
The Carriage Museum is on Old Road, Darley Dale, Matlock DE4 2ER (between Matlock, Bakewell Road stop and the Darley Dale, Broadwalk stop).
I believe I can ring the bus to stop somewhere along the way, couldn't I?
Anyone ever take this bus? Do I have to overshoot or undershoot the Museum?
I think the link shows the bus route, but I can't tell.
Any insight/info. would be greatly appreciated! My next step will be to attempt to get a live person at the bus company.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://healthnbeautyfacts.com/sytropin-hgh-spray/
- 2 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 3 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 4 3 Days in Naples...
- 5 Les bons plans de whathello - paris - hotel
- 6 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department
- 7 Train passes
- 8 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 9 Our time in Rome
- 10 Renting International Cars from USA
- 11 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 12 Flamenco concerts in Madrid
- 13 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 14 Enjoying England for a year!
- 15 Spain - Advice for Beach towns
- 16 Iceland in 4 days?
- 17 Europe itinerary
- 18 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 19 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 20 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 21 London road closings this weekend: Bike Race
- 22 Europe itinerary review
- 23 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 24 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 25 train from ravenna to parma
Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum