Wonder if there are any Peak District experts on here?
I have 2.5 days in Matlock for (2) exciting (for me) reasons: Chatsworth House and the Red Carriage Stables & Carriage Museum.
Due to time constraints & over-the-top expense of a rental car from Derby, I have decided to walk or use bus/rail. (For 2 days, from Derby Midlands Airport to Manchester airport, rates are $150>. If anyone has other ideas on rental car saving, I'd appreciate it.)
There appears to be a 214/215 Bus from Matlock (to Chatsworth, Baslow, Sheffield).
Time table reads:
(start) Matlock, County Hall
Matlock, Bakewell Road
Darley Dale, Broadwalk
The Carriage Museum is on Old Road, Darley Dale, Matlock DE4 2ER (between Matlock, Bakewell Road stop and the Darley Dale, Broadwalk stop).
I believe I can ring the bus to stop somewhere along the way, couldn't I?
Anyone ever take this bus? Do I have to overshoot or undershoot the Museum?
I think the link shows the bus route, but I can't tell.
Any insight/info. would be greatly appreciated! My next step will be to attempt to get a live person at the bus company.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 heathrow time needed
- 2 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 3 A road trip to Florence
- 4 Day Trip from London
- 5 wandering in venice
- 6 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 7 3 days Paris -Trying to fit everything in
- 8 Tuscany literature
- 9 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 10 Scottish pounds where to exchange?
- 11 Italy,Austria,Germany driving vacation
- 12 Paris in the Heat - Packing
- 13 15 nights in Italy
- 14 Iceland
- 15 Final Itinerary help
- 16 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 17 Dordogne Guides
- 18 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 19 Norway in Nutshell - weather
- 20 Your thoughts on day trips out of Venice
- 21 8 Day trip to Swiss and France
- 22 Amsterdam Internet cafe to print boarding pass
- 23 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 24 Bicycling in Tuscany - First Visit
- 25 how to get from cdg to dordogne area?
Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum