Wonder if there are any Peak District experts on here?
I have 2.5 days in Matlock for (2) exciting (for me) reasons: Chatsworth House and the Red Carriage Stables & Carriage Museum.
Due to time constraints & over-the-top expense of a rental car from Derby, I have decided to walk or use bus/rail. (For 2 days, from Derby Midlands Airport to Manchester airport, rates are $150>. If anyone has other ideas on rental car saving, I'd appreciate it.)
There appears to be a 214/215 Bus from Matlock (to Chatsworth, Baslow, Sheffield).
Time table reads:
(start) Matlock, County Hall
Matlock, Bakewell Road
Darley Dale, Broadwalk
The Carriage Museum is on Old Road, Darley Dale, Matlock DE4 2ER (between Matlock, Bakewell Road stop and the Darley Dale, Broadwalk stop).
I believe I can ring the bus to stop somewhere along the way, couldn't I?
Anyone ever take this bus? Do I have to overshoot or undershoot the Museum?
I think the link shows the bus route, but I can't tell.
Any insight/info. would be greatly appreciated! My next step will be to attempt to get a live person at the bus company.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 2 Munich
- 3 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 4 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 5 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 6 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 7 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 8 CDG airport
- 9 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 10 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 11 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 12 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 13 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 14 14 nights in Europe
- 15 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 16 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 17 Portugal itinerary help
- 18 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 19 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 20 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 21 What type of visa is right for me?
- 22 Malaga Hotels - which one should I choose?
- 23 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 24 First time in France
- 25 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum