Wonder if there are any Peak District experts on here?
I have 2.5 days in Matlock for (2) exciting (for me) reasons: Chatsworth House and the Red Carriage Stables & Carriage Museum.
Due to time constraints & over-the-top expense of a rental car from Derby, I have decided to walk or use bus/rail. (For 2 days, from Derby Midlands Airport to Manchester airport, rates are $150>. If anyone has other ideas on rental car saving, I'd appreciate it.)
There appears to be a 214/215 Bus from Matlock (to Chatsworth, Baslow, Sheffield).
Time table reads:
(start) Matlock, County Hall
Matlock, Bakewell Road
Darley Dale, Broadwalk
The Carriage Museum is on Old Road, Darley Dale, Matlock DE4 2ER (between Matlock, Bakewell Road stop and the Darley Dale, Broadwalk stop).
I believe I can ring the bus to stop somewhere along the way, couldn't I?
Anyone ever take this bus? Do I have to overshoot or undershoot the Museum?
I think the link shows the bus route, but I can't tell.
Any insight/info. would be greatly appreciated! My next step will be to attempt to get a live person at the bus company.
Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 2 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 3 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 4 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 5 Reykjavik hotels
- 6 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 7 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 8 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 9 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 10 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 11 Norway 2014
- 12 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 13 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 14 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 15 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 16 I dream of Europe
- 17 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 18 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 19 First Time to UK since 2001
- 20 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 21 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 22 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 23 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 24 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 25 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...