Wonder if there are any Peak District experts on here?
I have 2.5 days in Matlock for (2) exciting (for me) reasons: Chatsworth House and the Red Carriage Stables & Carriage Museum.
Due to time constraints & over-the-top expense of a rental car from Derby, I have decided to walk or use bus/rail. (For 2 days, from Derby Midlands Airport to Manchester airport, rates are $150>. If anyone has other ideas on rental car saving, I'd appreciate it.)
There appears to be a 214/215 Bus from Matlock (to Chatsworth, Baslow, Sheffield).
Time table reads:
(start) Matlock, County Hall
Matlock, Bakewell Road
Darley Dale, Broadwalk
The Carriage Museum is on Old Road, Darley Dale, Matlock DE4 2ER (between Matlock, Bakewell Road stop and the Darley Dale, Broadwalk stop).
I believe I can ring the bus to stop somewhere along the way, couldn't I?
Anyone ever take this bus? Do I have to overshoot or undershoot the Museum?
I think the link shows the bus route, but I can't tell.
Any insight/info. would be greatly appreciated! My next step will be to attempt to get a live person at the bus company.
Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best time of day to get tickets to the Anne Frank Haus?
- 2 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 3 Chasing the Tour de France 2014
- 4 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 5 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 6 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 7 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal
- 8 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 9 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 10 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 11 Paris in black and white
- 12 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 13 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 14 Grad Schools in London?
- 15 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 16 Credit Card Number stolen from hotel booking
- 17 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 18 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 19 Cotswolds first time
- 20 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 21 Help! Need alternative to PORTOVENERE in late-September!
- 22 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 23 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 24 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 25 Day trips from Bologna