Wonder if there are any Peak District experts on here?
I have 2.5 days in Matlock for (2) exciting (for me) reasons: Chatsworth House and the Red Carriage Stables & Carriage Museum.
Due to time constraints & over-the-top expense of a rental car from Derby, I have decided to walk or use bus/rail. (For 2 days, from Derby Midlands Airport to Manchester airport, rates are $150>. If anyone has other ideas on rental car saving, I'd appreciate it.)
There appears to be a 214/215 Bus from Matlock (to Chatsworth, Baslow, Sheffield).
Time table reads:
(start) Matlock, County Hall
Matlock, Bakewell Road
Darley Dale, Broadwalk
The Carriage Museum is on Old Road, Darley Dale, Matlock DE4 2ER (between Matlock, Bakewell Road stop and the Darley Dale, Broadwalk stop).
I believe I can ring the bus to stop somewhere along the way, couldn't I?
Anyone ever take this bus? Do I have to overshoot or undershoot the Museum?
I think the link shows the bus route, but I can't tell.
Any insight/info. would be greatly appreciated! My next step will be to attempt to get a live person at the bus company.
Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 2 8 day May Road Trip - Best of France
- 3 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 4 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 5 Help with 3 week Itenarary... Ireland (dublin) & Paris.. possibly London.
- 6 Opera in Prague : Dvorak's Rusalka or Puccini's Tosca
- 7 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 8 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 9 DB Bahn : Budapest to Prague
- 10 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 11 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 12 Gatwick to Stratford Station
- 13 2-week Central/Eastern Europe itinerary questions
- 14 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 15 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 16 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 17 Returning Oyster card at Kings Cross rail station in London
- 18 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 19 Dublin to Cashel
- 20 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 21 Cinque Terre or Amalfi Coast?
- 22 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 23 Athens and which islands?
- 24 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 25 Best way to go from Positano to Pompeii then to Rome? Pompeii private tour?