Wonder if there are any Peak District experts on here?
I have 2.5 days in Matlock for (2) exciting (for me) reasons: Chatsworth House and the Red Carriage Stables & Carriage Museum.
Due to time constraints & over-the-top expense of a rental car from Derby, I have decided to walk or use bus/rail. (For 2 days, from Derby Midlands Airport to Manchester airport, rates are $150>. If anyone has other ideas on rental car saving, I'd appreciate it.)
There appears to be a 214/215 Bus from Matlock (to Chatsworth, Baslow, Sheffield).
Time table reads:
(start) Matlock, County Hall
Matlock, Bakewell Road
Darley Dale, Broadwalk
The Carriage Museum is on Old Road, Darley Dale, Matlock DE4 2ER (between Matlock, Bakewell Road stop and the Darley Dale, Broadwalk stop).
I believe I can ring the bus to stop somewhere along the way, couldn't I?
Anyone ever take this bus? Do I have to overshoot or undershoot the Museum?
I think the link shows the bus route, but I can't tell.
Any insight/info. would be greatly appreciated! My next step will be to attempt to get a live person at the bus company.
Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 2 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 3 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 4 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 5 Possible Italy and Paris Itinerary - any thoughts?
- 6 Greek Pelion....Homebase? Nice Accommodation?
- 7 Train from Sarlat
- 8 Trains
- 9 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 10 Mâché aux Puces from Garibaldi metro
- 11 Naples vs Sorrento
- 12 Cinque Terre trails
- 13 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France
- 14 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 15 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 16 Paris Bastille Day
- 17 ATM cards in Spain - need chip or not?
- 18 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 19 Oh no more disruption planned for Spanish airports 2015
- 20 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 21 Liverpool to London
- 22 Spain 6 weeks itinerary help
- 23 Kimhe - a big favor to ask of you
- 24 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 25 italy for - 2 weeks for a young couple