Wonder if there are any Peak District experts on here?
I have 2.5 days in Matlock for (2) exciting (for me) reasons: Chatsworth House and the Red Carriage Stables & Carriage Museum.
Due to time constraints & over-the-top expense of a rental car from Derby, I have decided to walk or use bus/rail. (For 2 days, from Derby Midlands Airport to Manchester airport, rates are $150>. If anyone has other ideas on rental car saving, I'd appreciate it.)
There appears to be a 214/215 Bus from Matlock (to Chatsworth, Baslow, Sheffield).
Time table reads:
(start) Matlock, County Hall
Matlock, Bakewell Road
Darley Dale, Broadwalk
The Carriage Museum is on Old Road, Darley Dale, Matlock DE4 2ER (between Matlock, Bakewell Road stop and the Darley Dale, Broadwalk stop).
I believe I can ring the bus to stop somewhere along the way, couldn't I?
Anyone ever take this bus? Do I have to overshoot or undershoot the Museum?
I think the link shows the bus route, but I can't tell.
Any insight/info. would be greatly appreciated! My next step will be to attempt to get a live person at the bus company.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 days in Florence
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 4 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 5 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 6 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 7 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 8 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 9 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 10 base for Andalucia
- 11 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 12 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 13 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 14 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 15 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 16 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 17 Windsor Castle
- 18 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 19 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 20 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 21 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 22 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 23 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 24 4 nights in Sardinia
- 25 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?
Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum