Wonder if there are any Peak District experts on here?
I have 2.5 days in Matlock for (2) exciting (for me) reasons: Chatsworth House and the Red Carriage Stables & Carriage Museum.
Due to time constraints & over-the-top expense of a rental car from Derby, I have decided to walk or use bus/rail. (For 2 days, from Derby Midlands Airport to Manchester airport, rates are $150>. If anyone has other ideas on rental car saving, I'd appreciate it.)
There appears to be a 214/215 Bus from Matlock (to Chatsworth, Baslow, Sheffield).
Time table reads:
(start) Matlock, County Hall
Matlock, Bakewell Road
Darley Dale, Broadwalk
The Carriage Museum is on Old Road, Darley Dale, Matlock DE4 2ER (between Matlock, Bakewell Road stop and the Darley Dale, Broadwalk stop).
I believe I can ring the bus to stop somewhere along the way, couldn't I?
Anyone ever take this bus? Do I have to overshoot or undershoot the Museum?
I think the link shows the bus route, but I can't tell.
Any insight/info. would be greatly appreciated! My next step will be to attempt to get a live person at the bus company.
Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 2 Wedding in Italy
- 3 Recs for Dublin B&B?
- 4 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 5 travel to western Europe from India
- 6 I went to Paris in June
- 7 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 8 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 9 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 10 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 11 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 12 I'm in a funk
- 13 Honeymoon in Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
- 14 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 15 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 16 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 17 :"Europe's Masterworks Vs. the Masses"
- 18 stop in lisboa or not
- 19 Santorini accomodations and more for a couple and baby
- 20 One week in Ireland itinerary
- 21 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 22 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 23 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 24 wineries near Ronda
- 25 Mid 20's first time in Paris - where to stay?!