I'm posting this from an apartment my wife and I are renting in Amsterdam. An Abn Amro atm at Schipol rejected a Capital One Mastercard debit card but accepted a Schwab Bank Visa debit card this morning. Later in the day the checkout counter at an Albert Hijn supermarket rejected a Travelex chip and pin Mastercard debit card, and an ING atm in the store rejected my Capital One Mastercard debit card but accepted my Schwab Bank Visa debit card. I called Capital One and they said there were no security restrictions on the use of my debit card because I had notified Capital One previously about my trip, and the Travelex card should have no security restrictions because it's prepaid. So I conclude that Master Card debit cards are unpopular for some reason in the Netherlands. Am I the only person having problems of this sort?
Mastercard use in Netherlands
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 2 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 3 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Classical Musicians/Composers Home Towns?
- 4 Three ferries to Mull
- 5 French Basque region
- 6 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 7 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 8 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 9 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 10 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 11 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 12 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 13 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 14 Story of the German Christmas star
- 15 Airport ATMs
- 16 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 17 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 18 Amsterdam New Years Even Recommendations
- 19 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 20 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 21 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 22 All Set To Go!!
- 23 American Express
- 24 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 25 Suggestions on things to do after Sunday Roast