I'm posting this from an apartment my wife and I are renting in Amsterdam. An Abn Amro atm at Schipol rejected a Capital One Mastercard debit card but accepted a Schwab Bank Visa debit card this morning. Later in the day the checkout counter at an Albert Hijn supermarket rejected a Travelex chip and pin Mastercard debit card, and an ING atm in the store rejected my Capital One Mastercard debit card but accepted my Schwab Bank Visa debit card. I called Capital One and they said there were no security restrictions on the use of my debit card because I had notified Capital One previously about my trip, and the Travelex card should have no security restrictions because it's prepaid. So I conclude that Master Card debit cards are unpopular for some reason in the Netherlands. Am I the only person having problems of this sort?
Mastercard use in Netherlands
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation in Barcelona
- 2 Six months in France -- how to do it?
- 3 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 4 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 5 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 6 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 7 5am arrival in Dublin
- 8 What are the best places to see in England
- 9 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 10 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 11 destination wedding
- 12 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 13 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 14 10 Hours in Brussels
- 15 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 16 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 17 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 18 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 19 Italy
- 20 Accomodation for Eurovision 2014
- 21 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 22 Hotel in Venice
- 23 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 24 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 25 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014