I'm posting this from an apartment my wife and I are renting in Amsterdam. An Abn Amro atm at Schipol rejected a Capital One Mastercard debit card but accepted a Schwab Bank Visa debit card this morning. Later in the day the checkout counter at an Albert Hijn supermarket rejected a Travelex chip and pin Mastercard debit card, and an ING atm in the store rejected my Capital One Mastercard debit card but accepted my Schwab Bank Visa debit card. I called Capital One and they said there were no security restrictions on the use of my debit card because I had notified Capital One previously about my trip, and the Travelex card should have no security restrictions because it's prepaid. So I conclude that Master Card debit cards are unpopular for some reason in the Netherlands. Am I the only person having problems of this sort?
Mastercard use in Netherlands
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: 10 Days in Spain
- 2 Interesting Article About Capitaine Train
- 3 Rotterdam - Amsterdam Parking
- 4 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 5 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 6 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 7 travel to western Europe from India
- 8 Paris: Citypharma Du Four Bonaparte - a Trader Joe's for Beauty Items...
- 9 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 10 Is it okay to wear a US service hat?
- 11 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 12 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 13 Moroccan food in Paris
- 14 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 15 Where to stay in Naples, Italy
- 16 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 17 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 18 Bike touring in France
- 19 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 20 Travel sim with Free Incoming
- 21 Does this sound feasible?
- 22 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 23 Matera and Puglia by public transportation: Bus, train, driver
- 24 Mama Mia Italy!
- 25 Ireland driving vacation