I am planning a trip to Cote d'Azur on late April next year. I have already booked a flight to Marseilles, we will be staying there for 1 night and the next day we will take the train to Nice where we will stay for 3 more nights. We will arrive Marseilles at midnight so we will just have the next morning to see the highlights if possible. So I am asking you experts what should we do for that morning. What is the absolute must see at Marseilles? Or should I skip Marseilles and take the earliest train to Nice?
Also I would love to hear about the Nice leg of the trip. Where should we go once we explore Nice? St. Tropez, Monaco or Monte Carlo? Or maybe try to see 2 of them? Or somewhere else? I am quite confused right now and would love to hear suggestions. By the way, first time to France and we won't be visiting Paris. Is that crazy??
Marseilles and Nice - suggestions please??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 All Set To Go!!
- 2 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 3 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 4 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 5 First time Ireland trip
- 6 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 7 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 8 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 9 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 10 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 11 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 12 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 13 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 14 Renfe planning strike December 26th
- 15 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 16 22 year olds in Europe
- 17 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 18 Granada
- 19 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 20 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 21 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 22 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 23 Coffee in Naples
- 24 A Sardinia trip report
- 25 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy