I am planning a trip to Cote d'Azur on late April next year. I have already booked a flight to Marseilles, we will be staying there for 1 night and the next day we will take the train to Nice where we will stay for 3 more nights. We will arrive Marseilles at midnight so we will just have the next morning to see the highlights if possible. So I am asking you experts what should we do for that morning. What is the absolute must see at Marseilles? Or should I skip Marseilles and take the earliest train to Nice?
Also I would love to hear about the Nice leg of the trip. Where should we go once we explore Nice? St. Tropez, Monaco or Monte Carlo? Or maybe try to see 2 of them? Or somewhere else? I am quite confused right now and would love to hear suggestions. By the way, first time to France and we won't be visiting Paris. Is that crazy??
Marseilles and Nice - suggestions please??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 2 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 3 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 4 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 5 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 6 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 7 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 8 What to wear
- 9 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 10 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 11 Fashion for larger man?
- 12 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 13 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 14 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 15 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 16 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 17 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 18 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 19 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 20 London 2nd time around
- 21 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 22 Traveling in France by train
- 23 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 24 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 25 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary