At the end of a 4 week south-of France holiday in October my husband will be taking our children to the UK for the weekend to visit family, departing from Marseille and meeting me back in Paris for our flight home. We will be staying in Bonnieux, and I'll take them to Marseille airport for a morning flight.
I'd like to have a night in Lyon on my way back to Paris, and would also like to take the TGV.
Should I drive to Lyon on my own and leave our hire car there? Or leave it in Marseille, taking the train?
Is Marseille worth exploring on my own, or would Lyon be a better option?
Any recommendations for boutique style accommodation near the centre of Lyon?
It looks like the TGV ticket bookings are not open earlier than 3 months before the date, is that right?
Any ideas for my couple of days of 'family free' time in France would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dolomites October 14-18
- 2 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 5 Traveling into Frankfurt and catching a flight to London
- 6 Lyon
- 7 Le Marche, Italy
- 8 Driving from Tuscany to Positano - recos needed!
- 9 Two Weeks in Normandy/Paris
- 10 Road Trip - Genoa, Italy to Bordeaux, France
- 11 sim card
- 12 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 13 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 14 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 15 Is Venice overrated?
- 16 San Sebastian to Cadaques
- 17 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 18 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 19 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 20 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 21 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 22 Planning a 10 day Swiss and Austrian Tour
- 23 SWITZERLAND IN 5 SUMMER DAYS
- 24 Venice to Croatia
- 25 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken