At the end of a 4 week south-of France holiday in October my husband will be taking our children to the UK for the weekend to visit family, departing from Marseille and meeting me back in Paris for our flight home. We will be staying in Bonnieux, and I'll take them to Marseille airport for a morning flight.
I'd like to have a night in Lyon on my way back to Paris, and would also like to take the TGV.
Should I drive to Lyon on my own and leave our hire car there? Or leave it in Marseille, taking the train?
Is Marseille worth exploring on my own, or would Lyon be a better option?
Any recommendations for boutique style accommodation near the centre of Lyon?
It looks like the TGV ticket bookings are not open earlier than 3 months before the date, is that right?
Any ideas for my couple of days of 'family free' time in France would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 week trip with children
- 2 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 3 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 4 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 5 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 6 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 7 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 8 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 9 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 10 Things to do in Montpellier
- 11 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 12 Italy in 11 Days
- 13 dinner jackets
- 14 French election
- 15 Leather goods in Florence
- 16 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 17 Piedmont as a destination
- 18 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 19 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 20 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 21 paris and france with my teenage daughter
- 22 Trip to Rome
- 23 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 24 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 25 Do I have time for the Appian Way?