At the end of a 4 week south-of France holiday in October my husband will be taking our children to the UK for the weekend to visit family, departing from Marseille and meeting me back in Paris for our flight home. We will be staying in Bonnieux, and I'll take them to Marseille airport for a morning flight.
I'd like to have a night in Lyon on my way back to Paris, and would also like to take the TGV.
Should I drive to Lyon on my own and leave our hire car there? Or leave it in Marseille, taking the train?
Is Marseille worth exploring on my own, or would Lyon be a better option?
Any recommendations for boutique style accommodation near the centre of Lyon?
It looks like the TGV ticket bookings are not open earlier than 3 months before the date, is that right?
Any ideas for my couple of days of 'family free' time in France would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 2 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 3 Flights from Croatia
- 4 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 5 Europe in late January
- 6 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 7 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 8 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 9 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 10 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 11 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 12 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 13 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 14 Paris---baguette question???
- 15 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 16 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 17 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 18 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 19 Madrid - time to allow for train
- 20 Scenic Driving Routes
- 21 Vienna to Bratislava
- 22 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 23 1 way ticket
- 24 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 25 pareja de hecho in Spain