At the end of a 4 week south-of France holiday in October my husband will be taking our children to the UK for the weekend to visit family, departing from Marseille and meeting me back in Paris for our flight home. We will be staying in Bonnieux, and I'll take them to Marseille airport for a morning flight.
I'd like to have a night in Lyon on my way back to Paris, and would also like to take the TGV.
Should I drive to Lyon on my own and leave our hire car there? Or leave it in Marseille, taking the train?
Is Marseille worth exploring on my own, or would Lyon be a better option?
Any recommendations for boutique style accommodation near the centre of Lyon?
It looks like the TGV ticket bookings are not open earlier than 3 months before the date, is that right?
Any ideas for my couple of days of 'family free' time in France would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 2 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 3 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 4 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 5 sfo to europe
- 6 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 7 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 8 Paris, France
- 9 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 10 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 11 What one thing in Paris?
- 12 Suggestions for base in the Var
- 13 3 week stay in Scotland
- 14 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 15 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 16 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 17 Rue des Rosiers
- 18 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 19 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 20 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 21 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 22 Help with Scotland itinerary
- 23 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 24 Italy museum tickets
- 25 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!