At the end of a 4 week south-of France holiday in October my husband will be taking our children to the UK for the weekend to visit family, departing from Marseille and meeting me back in Paris for our flight home. We will be staying in Bonnieux, and I'll take them to Marseille airport for a morning flight.
I'd like to have a night in Lyon on my way back to Paris, and would also like to take the TGV.
Should I drive to Lyon on my own and leave our hire car there? Or leave it in Marseille, taking the train?
Is Marseille worth exploring on my own, or would Lyon be a better option?
Any recommendations for boutique style accommodation near the centre of Lyon?
It looks like the TGV ticket bookings are not open earlier than 3 months before the date, is that right?
Any ideas for my couple of days of 'family free' time in France would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 4 barcelona neighborhood
- 5 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 6 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 7 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 8 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 9 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 10 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 11 Europe itinerary help!
- 12 Shorts in South of France?
- 13 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 14 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 15 Les Invalides Night Show
- 16 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 17 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 18 Best Greek Island
- 19 Which Day?
- 20 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 21 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 22 Corsica and Sardinia
- 23 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 24 Regarding Residence Permit
- 25 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION