At the end of a 4 week south-of France holiday in October my husband will be taking our children to the UK for the weekend to visit family, departing from Marseille and meeting me back in Paris for our flight home. We will be staying in Bonnieux, and I'll take them to Marseille airport for a morning flight.
I'd like to have a night in Lyon on my way back to Paris, and would also like to take the TGV.
Should I drive to Lyon on my own and leave our hire car there? Or leave it in Marseille, taking the train?
Is Marseille worth exploring on my own, or would Lyon be a better option?
Any recommendations for boutique style accommodation near the centre of Lyon?
It looks like the TGV ticket bookings are not open earlier than 3 months before the date, is that right?
Any ideas for my couple of days of 'family free' time in France would be appreciated!
Marseille to Lyon - Drive or TGV?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 2 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 3 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 4 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 5 Five nights in Extremadura
- 6 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 7 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 8 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 9 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 10 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 11 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 12 trip to norway
- 13 Is Venice really dirty?
- 14 Where to go in France mid July?
- 15 Help with England/Wales tour
- 16 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 17 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 18 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 19 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 20 Best beach town in Italy?
- 21 Cotswold Churches
- 22 A Greek sojourn
- 23 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 24 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 25 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek