At the end of a 4 week south-of France holiday in October my husband will be taking our children to the UK for the weekend to visit family, departing from Marseille and meeting me back in Paris for our flight home. We will be staying in Bonnieux, and I'll take them to Marseille airport for a morning flight.
I'd like to have a night in Lyon on my way back to Paris, and would also like to take the TGV.
Should I drive to Lyon on my own and leave our hire car there? Or leave it in Marseille, taking the train?
Is Marseille worth exploring on my own, or would Lyon be a better option?
Any recommendations for boutique style accommodation near the centre of Lyon?
It looks like the TGV ticket bookings are not open earlier than 3 months before the date, is that right?
Any ideas for my couple of days of 'family free' time in France would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy and Croatia in 20 days - I need a rough itinerary please
- 2 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 3 Info request: Road Trip Naples to Bari-Part 2
- 4 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 5 Ischia
- 6 What do after Bernia Express?
- 7 Germany family road trip help!
- 8 France, UK and Ireland
- 9 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 10 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 11 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 12 Rouen Tour Companies
- 13 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 14 No Periods in British Written English!
- 15 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 16 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 17 First time in London
- 18 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 19 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 20 Self drive tour companies
- 21 scotland
- 22 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 25 Barcelona