At the end of a 4 week south-of France holiday in October my husband will be taking our children to the UK for the weekend to visit family, departing from Marseille and meeting me back in Paris for our flight home. We will be staying in Bonnieux, and I'll take them to Marseille airport for a morning flight.
I'd like to have a night in Lyon on my way back to Paris, and would also like to take the TGV.
Should I drive to Lyon on my own and leave our hire car there? Or leave it in Marseille, taking the train?
Is Marseille worth exploring on my own, or would Lyon be a better option?
Any recommendations for boutique style accommodation near the centre of Lyon?
It looks like the TGV ticket bookings are not open earlier than 3 months before the date, is that right?
Any ideas for my couple of days of 'family free' time in France would be appreciated!
Marseille to Lyon - Drive or TGV?
- 1 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 2 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 5 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 6 Planning a holiday
- 7 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 8 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 11 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 12 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 13 15 days in Europe,
- 14 Medieval Tallinn
- 15 Euro Train
- 16 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 17 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 18 Need help planning a trip for 2 18 year old girls
- 19 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 20 Milan to Venice on Trenitalia for as little as 9 Euros
- 21 Spain - Andalucia
- 22 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 23 After Helsinki, where to next?
- 24 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 25 Advises for trip to Russia