At the end of a 4 week south-of France holiday in October my husband will be taking our children to the UK for the weekend to visit family, departing from Marseille and meeting me back in Paris for our flight home. We will be staying in Bonnieux, and I'll take them to Marseille airport for a morning flight.
I'd like to have a night in Lyon on my way back to Paris, and would also like to take the TGV.
Should I drive to Lyon on my own and leave our hire car there? Or leave it in Marseille, taking the train?
Is Marseille worth exploring on my own, or would Lyon be a better option?
Any recommendations for boutique style accommodation near the centre of Lyon?
It looks like the TGV ticket bookings are not open earlier than 3 months before the date, is that right?
Any ideas for my couple of days of 'family free' time in France would be appreciated!
Marseille to Lyon - Drive or TGV?
- 1 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 2 Madrid to Sevilla
- 3 Greek islands from Turkey
- 4 Chambermaid tipping
- 5 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 6 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 7 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 8 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 9 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 10 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 11 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 12 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 13 Italian Lakes gardens
- 14 First time traveler to Ireland
- 15 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 16 Euro Train
- 17 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 18 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 19 Dresden Train Station
- 20 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 21 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 22 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 23 Novels set in Greece
- 24 London for Christmas
- 25 Istanbul and Cappadocia in 10 days - trip report