At the end of a 4 week south-of France holiday in October my husband will be taking our children to the UK for the weekend to visit family, departing from Marseille and meeting me back in Paris for our flight home. We will be staying in Bonnieux, and I'll take them to Marseille airport for a morning flight.
I'd like to have a night in Lyon on my way back to Paris, and would also like to take the TGV.
Should I drive to Lyon on my own and leave our hire car there? Or leave it in Marseille, taking the train?
Is Marseille worth exploring on my own, or would Lyon be a better option?
Any recommendations for boutique style accommodation near the centre of Lyon?
It looks like the TGV ticket bookings are not open earlier than 3 months before the date, is that right?
Any ideas for my couple of days of 'family free' time in France would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CANON PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT CANON Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 3 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 4 Long weekend in Albania
- 5 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 6 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 7 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 8 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 9 car rental
- 10 Munich and....???
- 11 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 12 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 13 Portugal: 70th birthday trip
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Another theft warning: coastal trains, between Genoa & Tuscany
- 16 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 17 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 Northern Ireland ideas
- 20 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 21 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 22 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 23 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 24 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 25 scotland itinerary