At the end of a 4 week south-of France holiday in October my husband will be taking our children to the UK for the weekend to visit family, departing from Marseille and meeting me back in Paris for our flight home. We will be staying in Bonnieux, and I'll take them to Marseille airport for a morning flight.
I'd like to have a night in Lyon on my way back to Paris, and would also like to take the TGV.
Should I drive to Lyon on my own and leave our hire car there? Or leave it in Marseille, taking the train?
Is Marseille worth exploring on my own, or would Lyon be a better option?
Any recommendations for boutique style accommodation near the centre of Lyon?
It looks like the TGV ticket bookings are not open earlier than 3 months before the date, is that right?
Any ideas for my couple of days of 'family free' time in France would be appreciated!
Marseille to Lyon - Drive or TGV?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 2 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 3 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 4 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 5 UK for 12 days !
- 6 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 7 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 8 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 9 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 10 London hotel
- 11 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 12 Europe in 21 days
- 13 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace
- 14 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 15 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 16 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 17 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 18 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 19 Hotel in Venice
- 20 hotels in Seville
- 21 London tube
- 22 7 days in Greece
- 23 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 24 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 25 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki