Our daughter will be getting married in Provence at the end of May. Yippe! We have never been to Europe and are excited about the wedding, of course, and travel afterwards.
We will be flying into Marsielle on a Wednesday afternoon and will be heading towards Paradou the next day for four days of wedding festivities. I had originally thought that we would stay in Marseille, but in looking at a map, it looks like the airport is outside of town and that Aix de Provence may be a better choice for our first night in France.
Any recommendations would be most welcome.
Also, after the wedding, we plan to travel Provence for nine days. We will be flying out of Nice. We'd like to rent a car and explore, soak in the ambiance, eat delicious food, etc. We think we would like to stay in two or three towns for a few nights in each place and use those spots as our home base for our adventures. Ideally, it would be great to walk to dinner and have some dining choices.
I'm recovering from a big back surgery, but expect to be doing wonderfully by then and am super motivated to be strong and healthy by May. We love food, wine, history, nature, art, museums, and having fun. We will also be celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary on this trip, which will make it even more special.
I posted on the forum a couple of weeks ago and responses really helped us narrow down our travel plans to staying just within beautiful Provence instead of trying to do and see too much and exhausting ourselves by going to Spain, Italy, Switzerland, etc. we feel like we have a great plan, and now need to narrow down the details, possibly book hotels - especially on the weekend...
Thanks for giving all this some thought, I look forward to any suggestions you all may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 2 무료릴신천지 ≪접속주소 :≫tt349.com≪
- 3 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 4 dinner jackets
- 5 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 6 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 7 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 8 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 9 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 10 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 11 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 12 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 13 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 14 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 15 Cordoba Overnight?
- 16 Piedmont as a destination
- 17 2 weeks Europe trip
- 18 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 19 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 20 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 21 Monemvasia or Gefyra
- 22 Alkmaar to Brussels - things to see?
- 23 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 24 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 25 Please help me eat well in Greece!