Our daughter will be getting married in Provence at the end of May. Yippe! We have never been to Europe and are excited about the wedding, of course, and travel afterwards.
We will be flying into Marsielle on a Wednesday afternoon and will be heading towards Paradou the next day for four days of wedding festivities. I had originally thought that we would stay in Marseille, but in looking at a map, it looks like the airport is outside of town and that Aix de Provence may be a better choice for our first night in France.
Any recommendations would be most welcome.
Also, after the wedding, we plan to travel Provence for nine days. We will be flying out of Nice. We'd like to rent a car and explore, soak in the ambiance, eat delicious food, etc. We think we would like to stay in two or three towns for a few nights in each place and use those spots as our home base for our adventures. Ideally, it would be great to walk to dinner and have some dining choices.
I'm recovering from a big back surgery, but expect to be doing wonderfully by then and am super motivated to be strong and healthy by May. We love food, wine, history, nature, art, museums, and having fun. We will also be celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary on this trip, which will make it even more special.
I posted on the forum a couple of weeks ago and responses really helped us narrow down our travel plans to staying just within beautiful Provence instead of trying to do and see too much and exhausting ourselves by going to Spain, Italy, Switzerland, etc. we feel like we have a great plan, and now need to narrow down the details, possibly book hotels - especially on the weekend...
Thanks for giving all this some thought, I look forward to any suggestions you all may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 2 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 3 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 4 London 6 day itinerary
- 5 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 6 Living in Paris......for a week
- 7 ATM help
- 8 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 9 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 10 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 11 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 12 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 13 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 14 Iceland trip report!
- 15 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 16 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 17 Athens tour guide advice
- 18 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 19 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 20 Threat Level in UK
- 21 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 22 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 23 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 24 Bernese Oberland
- 25 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia