We are staying at a B&B outside of Marseille for 2 nights (south of the city in the hills). We have a rental car and plan to visit the city with our 2 children this July.
I have already reserved a Marseille Greeters walking tour. My husband is also intersted in seeing Fort St. Jean.
My question is where can we park? I think I had seen warnings about thefts and so a covered parking garage had been recommended (parking du Pharo?). It does seem to be a good 30 minute walk to the Vieux Port. Does anyone have suggestions for where to park to visit sites around the Port?
We learned to play petanque a few years ago in Provence and I thought it would be fun for the kids to play since "les boules" doesn't exist in our Canadian town! Any suggestions of where we could play? Parc Borely? And lastly a cafe to drink pastis and take in the harbour sights maybe?
We had planned to hit the beach (Prado recommended) another day but was concerned again about parking.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 2 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 3 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 4 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 5 National Museum in Krakow; Auschwitz art
- 6 Beauty of Bruges and Brussels
- 7 B&Bs in Ireland
- 8 Zadar or Sibenik
- 9 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 10 Best road from Tubingen to Lindau Bodensee
- 11 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 12 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 13 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 14 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 15 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 16 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 17 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 18 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 19 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 20 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 21 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 22 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 23 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 24 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 25 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
Marseille - looking for info on parking, plages, pastis and petanque!