We are staying at a B&B outside of Marseille for 2 nights (south of the city in the hills). We have a rental car and plan to visit the city with our 2 children this July.
I have already reserved a Marseille Greeters walking tour. My husband is also intersted in seeing Fort St. Jean.
My question is where can we park? I think I had seen warnings about thefts and so a covered parking garage had been recommended (parking du Pharo?). It does seem to be a good 30 minute walk to the Vieux Port. Does anyone have suggestions for where to park to visit sites around the Port?
We learned to play petanque a few years ago in Provence and I thought it would be fun for the kids to play since "les boules" doesn't exist in our Canadian town! Any suggestions of where we could play? Parc Borely? And lastly a cafe to drink pastis and take in the harbour sights maybe?
We had planned to hit the beach (Prado recommended) another day but was concerned again about parking.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (U S) AOL Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 AOL Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 3 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 4 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 5 Hiking in Switzerland
- 6 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 7 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 8 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 9 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 10 Notes on our Edinburgh trip (end of May 2017)
- 11 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 12 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 13 Edinbrugh
- 14 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 15 Maximizing Norway time
- 16 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 17 TravelCard vs Oyster
- 18 Best layover option
- 19 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 20 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 21 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 22 Berlin
- 23 Ideas for drive from Munich to Ramstein/Kaiserslautern to Garmisch
- 24 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 25 3 days solo in London
Marseille - looking for info on parking, plages, pastis and petanque!