We are staying at a B&B outside of Marseille for 2 nights (south of the city in the hills). We have a rental car and plan to visit the city with our 2 children this July.
I have already reserved a Marseille Greeters walking tour. My husband is also intersted in seeing Fort St. Jean.
My question is where can we park? I think I had seen warnings about thefts and so a covered parking garage had been recommended (parking du Pharo?). It does seem to be a good 30 minute walk to the Vieux Port. Does anyone have suggestions for where to park to visit sites around the Port?
We learned to play petanque a few years ago in Provence and I thought it would be fun for the kids to play since "les boules" doesn't exist in our Canadian town! Any suggestions of where we could play? Parc Borely? And lastly a cafe to drink pastis and take in the harbour sights maybe?
We had planned to hit the beach (Prado recommended) another day but was concerned again about parking.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 2 Cutback on Spain trip
- 3 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 4 where to stay in London?
- 5 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 6 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 7 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 8 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 9 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 10 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 11 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 12 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 13 Croatia transportation question.
- 14 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 15 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 16 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 17 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 18 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 19 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 20 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 21 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 22 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 23 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 24 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 25 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
Marseille - looking for info on parking, plages, pastis and petanque!