We are staying at a B&B outside of Marseille for 2 nights (south of the city in the hills). We have a rental car and plan to visit the city with our 2 children this July.
I have already reserved a Marseille Greeters walking tour. My husband is also intersted in seeing Fort St. Jean.
My question is where can we park? I think I had seen warnings about thefts and so a covered parking garage had been recommended (parking du Pharo?). It does seem to be a good 30 minute walk to the Vieux Port. Does anyone have suggestions for where to park to visit sites around the Port?
We learned to play petanque a few years ago in Provence and I thought it would be fun for the kids to play since "les boules" doesn't exist in our Canadian town! Any suggestions of where we could play? Parc Borely? And lastly a cafe to drink pastis and take in the harbour sights maybe?
We had planned to hit the beach (Prado recommended) another day but was concerned again about parking.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 2 Storing bags while traveling using Swiss Rail Pass.
- 3 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 4 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 5 France Study Abroad
- 6 London is it worth it?
- 7 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 8 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 9 free international phone calls
- 10 Taxi from Heathrow Airport
- 11 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 12 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 13 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 14 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 15 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 16 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 17 London 6 day itinerary
- 18 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 19 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 20 International drivers permit
- 21 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 22 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 23 Paris and Normandy
- 24 Sicily Beach Resort
- 25 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
Marseille - looking for info on parking, plages, pastis and petanque!