We are planning a trip to Edinburgh and I can use points to stay at the Dalmahoy in Edinburgh - it says it's 7 miles from city center and the only forum posts I can find on this are from 2005. Does anyone know if it is reasonably easy to get a bus from the hotel into the city center? The 2005 posts mention a bus route just outside the gate - but when I check the hotel website, it says the bus station is 8 miles away, but it doesn't mention bus stops... I could also stay at the Edinburgh Marriott but it doesn't look as interesting from the pictures. Any advice is welcome.
Marriott Hotel - Dalmahoy in Edinburgh, Scotland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 2 Azores
- 3 Trains in Italy
- 4 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 5 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 6 French open
- 7 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 8 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 9 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 10 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 11 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 12 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 13 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 14 England and Scotland
- 15 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 16 Air pollution in Paris
- 17 tulips in the Netherland
- 18 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 19 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 20 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 21 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 22 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 23 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 24 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 25 Azores