We are planning to be married in Siena, Italy in September. Does anyone know if we need our birth certificates translated and fixed with an Apostille? Most posts I have read suggest that we do; however, our wedding planner in Italy says we do not. I found this website from the US Embassy which suggests that the birth certificates are not needed specifically in Florence consular regions: http://italy.usembassy.gov/acs/marriage/marriage-florence.html
Has anyone been married in Tuscany recently who could comment on whether or not we need birth certificates? We are both American citizens. I would like to be sure we have the right documents when we get there!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in Bulgaria
- 2 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 3 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 4 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 7 Self drive tour companies
- 8 Cambridge in May
- 9 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 12 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 13 Madrid/Lisbon
- 14 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 15 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 16 Greek fuel cost
- 17 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 18 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 19 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 20 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 21 Day trips from Florence
- 22 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 23 May get together in Paris
- 24 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 25 Planning a Trip to Greece