During our last trip to Barcelona, we spent about 40min (and would have happily spent more!) at the La Boqueria Market. We also loved shopping at the market in Budapest. During our upcoming trip, we’ll be in Malaga, Seville, and Madrid. I know there are markets in each city.
I was planning to pick up some gourmet gifts etc to take back during our last day (dedicated to shopping ) in Madrid at the Mercado de San Miguel.
At the beginning of our Andalucía trip in Malaga, I’m planning a 30-40min walk through the Mercado Central Atarazanas --to pick up some fruit and snacks for the bus ride to Granada. I don’t know if we should try buying some gifts, as we’ll be changing hotels three times and not having good refrigerators.
I was not planning to do a market stop in Seville –the one underneath the Metropol Parasole. But now I wonder if we are missing something really great?
Would you try to do all three of these markets? Or having enough time set aside for Madrid’s market would be enough? Is the market in Seville really worth visiting?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 2 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 3 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 4 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 5 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 6 Europe First Timers
- 7 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 8 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 9 Chur or St Moritz?
- 10 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 11 Itinerary review: Croatia/Italy
- 12 Safety in Rome
- 13 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 14 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 17 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 18 Athens Help
- 19 Uber vs. TfL
- 20 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 21 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 22 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 23 Apartment Montreux area
- 24 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 25 Crete Holiday