I have used these threads a lot when planning my trips however I am really stuck and need some suggestions.
My parents are coming over from NZ for a holiday and we plan to go holiday in Europe. They are 51 and 61 with good health so travel won't be a problem for them. They have never been before so I am so anxious to make the trip amazing for them.
We are flying to Amsterdam to start on 14 March 2012 on an early flight. They both want to see Paris so I was thinking of catching a train there and doing the sights there after. I have been to both of these places before so there won't be much orientation time required and I think we can comfortably do them and be ready to move on 18 March 2012. I would have to be back in London for work on 26 March, so that gives 8 days free including travel.
We aren't really into museums or art so we basically want to enjoy city's, see landmarks, cute quaint towns - that kind of thing. My Dad loves travelling by train as opposed to plane - but that doesn't mean we can't fly where we need to (save time, more economical etc). He is also interested in any war things - but again not imperitive.
I will consider anywhere in Europe (including Eastern Europe) after Paris and would love some suggestions. I am a bit concerned about the time of year and the weather so I want to keep this in mind. I feel like I have researched so much but can't come to a decision. I had thought of Annecy, Jungfrau, Cinque Terre, Venice, Milan etc etc but weather and transport connections keep stumping me.
Thanks in advance!
March 2012 - travel with parents - brainstorm help!
- 1 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 2 London, Paris, and Brussels 2014
- 3 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 4 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 5 Travel by train or bus
- 6 first european holiday itinery
- 7 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 8 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 9 Euro Train
- 10 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 11 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 12 Belgium
- 13 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 14 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 15 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 16 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 17 7 days in Andalucia
- 18 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 19 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 20 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 21 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 22 Is there a Morning Ferry from Mykonos to Paros in late May on a Friday?
- 23 Chambermaid tipping
- 24 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 25 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013