I have used these threads a lot when planning my trips however I am really stuck and need some suggestions.
My parents are coming over from NZ for a holiday and we plan to go holiday in Europe. They are 51 and 61 with good health so travel won't be a problem for them. They have never been before so I am so anxious to make the trip amazing for them.
We are flying to Amsterdam to start on 14 March 2012 on an early flight. They both want to see Paris so I was thinking of catching a train there and doing the sights there after. I have been to both of these places before so there won't be much orientation time required and I think we can comfortably do them and be ready to move on 18 March 2012. I would have to be back in London for work on 26 March, so that gives 8 days free including travel.
We aren't really into museums or art so we basically want to enjoy city's, see landmarks, cute quaint towns - that kind of thing. My Dad loves travelling by train as opposed to plane - but that doesn't mean we can't fly where we need to (save time, more economical etc). He is also interested in any war things - but again not imperitive.
I will consider anywhere in Europe (including Eastern Europe) after Paris and would love some suggestions. I am a bit concerned about the time of year and the weather so I want to keep this in mind. I feel like I have researched so much but can't come to a decision. I had thought of Annecy, Jungfrau, Cinque Terre, Venice, Milan etc etc but weather and transport connections keep stumping me.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 2 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 3 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 4 Ireland Trip
- 5 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 6 London is it worth it?
- 7 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 8 Awful experience with Ace Car Rental Iceland
- 9 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 10 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 11 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 12 My first trip to Crete
- 13 Final advice (I think) Restaurants!
- 14 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 15 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 16 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 17 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 18 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 19 First Trip to Italy- Help!
- 20 Airport Transportation
- 21 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 22 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 23 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 24 London and Normandy
- 25 Agriturismo with train access to Florence