I have used these threads a lot when planning my trips however I am really stuck and need some suggestions.
My parents are coming over from NZ for a holiday and we plan to go holiday in Europe. They are 51 and 61 with good health so travel won't be a problem for them. They have never been before so I am so anxious to make the trip amazing for them.
We are flying to Amsterdam to start on 14 March 2012 on an early flight. They both want to see Paris so I was thinking of catching a train there and doing the sights there after. I have been to both of these places before so there won't be much orientation time required and I think we can comfortably do them and be ready to move on 18 March 2012. I would have to be back in London for work on 26 March, so that gives 8 days free including travel.
We aren't really into museums or art so we basically want to enjoy city's, see landmarks, cute quaint towns - that kind of thing. My Dad loves travelling by train as opposed to plane - but that doesn't mean we can't fly where we need to (save time, more economical etc). He is also interested in any war things - but again not imperitive.
I will consider anywhere in Europe (including Eastern Europe) after Paris and would love some suggestions. I am a bit concerned about the time of year and the weather so I want to keep this in mind. I feel like I have researched so much but can't come to a decision. I had thought of Annecy, Jungfrau, Cinque Terre, Venice, Milan etc etc but weather and transport connections keep stumping me.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 릴 게임 소스 ※연결 :≫tt349.com≪
- 2 Car rental help in Sicily
- 3 Small towns not too near Paris
- 4 iPhone/Skype/ATM questions
- 5 Help with basic itinerary
- 6 Ljubljana to Zagreb and Split to Dubrovnik Buses
- 7 Italy Itinerary Advice
- 8 Help: Nafplion to Hydra which ferry port
- 9 Amalfi Coast, Italy
- 10 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 11 Best Scenic Route -Vienna to St Wolfgang
- 12 Passenger van Rental in Milan
- 13 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 14 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 15 Sevilla lodging 3 adults 3 kids and things to do
- 16 Clean up spam
- 17 Ron Hoffberg, Prague Guide
- 18 Valencia, Spain
- 19 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 20 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 21 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 22 credit and debit cards
- 23 Suggestions for two night stay near Athens airport?
- 24 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 25 Positano Surprise