I have used these threads a lot when planning my trips however I am really stuck and need some suggestions.
My parents are coming over from NZ for a holiday and we plan to go holiday in Europe. They are 51 and 61 with good health so travel won't be a problem for them. They have never been before so I am so anxious to make the trip amazing for them.
We are flying to Amsterdam to start on 14 March 2012 on an early flight. They both want to see Paris so I was thinking of catching a train there and doing the sights there after. I have been to both of these places before so there won't be much orientation time required and I think we can comfortably do them and be ready to move on 18 March 2012. I would have to be back in London for work on 26 March, so that gives 8 days free including travel.
We aren't really into museums or art so we basically want to enjoy city's, see landmarks, cute quaint towns - that kind of thing. My Dad loves travelling by train as opposed to plane - but that doesn't mean we can't fly where we need to (save time, more economical etc). He is also interested in any war things - but again not imperitive.
I will consider anywhere in Europe (including Eastern Europe) after Paris and would love some suggestions. I am a bit concerned about the time of year and the weather so I want to keep this in mind. I feel like I have researched so much but can't come to a decision. I had thought of Annecy, Jungfrau, Cinque Terre, Venice, Milan etc etc but weather and transport connections keep stumping me.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chinese visit to France
- 2 Barcelona extension
- 3 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 4 Europe itinerary review
- 5 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 6 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 7 How Challenging Did You Find German to Learn?
- 8 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 9 countless numbers of hundreds and hundreds
- 10 15 days trip to Europe
- 11 Turkey fire code problems with building entry doors
- 12 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 13 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 14 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 15 Vuerling airlines
- 16 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 17 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 18 Flamenco concerts in Madrid
- 19 France for a month in 2017
- 20 RENFE error message during payment
- 21 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 22 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 23 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 24 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 25 Venice Film Fest