I have used these threads a lot when planning my trips however I am really stuck and need some suggestions.
My parents are coming over from NZ for a holiday and we plan to go holiday in Europe. They are 51 and 61 with good health so travel won't be a problem for them. They have never been before so I am so anxious to make the trip amazing for them.
We are flying to Amsterdam to start on 14 March 2012 on an early flight. They both want to see Paris so I was thinking of catching a train there and doing the sights there after. I have been to both of these places before so there won't be much orientation time required and I think we can comfortably do them and be ready to move on 18 March 2012. I would have to be back in London for work on 26 March, so that gives 8 days free including travel.
We aren't really into museums or art so we basically want to enjoy city's, see landmarks, cute quaint towns - that kind of thing. My Dad loves travelling by train as opposed to plane - but that doesn't mean we can't fly where we need to (save time, more economical etc). He is also interested in any war things - but again not imperitive.
I will consider anywhere in Europe (including Eastern Europe) after Paris and would love some suggestions. I am a bit concerned about the time of year and the weather so I want to keep this in mind. I feel like I have researched so much but can't come to a decision. I had thought of Annecy, Jungfrau, Cinque Terre, Venice, Milan etc etc but weather and transport connections keep stumping me.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My final Prague itinerary
- 2 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 3 Christmas - New Year Holiday
- 4 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 5 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 6 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 7 3nights in Venice
- 8 multi city flights to europe
- 9 Europe itinerary questions
- 10 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 11 Earthquake near Naples
- 12 Munich itinerary review
- 13 13 nights in switzerland
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 16 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 17 Football Tickets - Athens
- 18 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 19 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 20 Salzburg itinerary review
- 21 Positano or Sorrento?
- 22 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 23 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 24 Globus Iberian Tour
- 25 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip