I have used these threads a lot when planning my trips however I am really stuck and need some suggestions.
My parents are coming over from NZ for a holiday and we plan to go holiday in Europe. They are 51 and 61 with good health so travel won't be a problem for them. They have never been before so I am so anxious to make the trip amazing for them.
We are flying to Amsterdam to start on 14 March 2012 on an early flight. They both want to see Paris so I was thinking of catching a train there and doing the sights there after. I have been to both of these places before so there won't be much orientation time required and I think we can comfortably do them and be ready to move on 18 March 2012. I would have to be back in London for work on 26 March, so that gives 8 days free including travel.
We aren't really into museums or art so we basically want to enjoy city's, see landmarks, cute quaint towns - that kind of thing. My Dad loves travelling by train as opposed to plane - but that doesn't mean we can't fly where we need to (save time, more economical etc). He is also interested in any war things - but again not imperitive.
I will consider anywhere in Europe (including Eastern Europe) after Paris and would love some suggestions. I am a bit concerned about the time of year and the weather so I want to keep this in mind. I feel like I have researched so much but can't come to a decision. I had thought of Annecy, Jungfrau, Cinque Terre, Venice, Milan etc etc but weather and transport connections keep stumping me.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 라이브바카라／」∫⋟ WOP88.ＣoM ⋞∫「／¶제우스뱅크슈퍼카지노
- 2 생중계바카라／」∫⋟ WOP88.ＣoM ⋞∫「／¶제우스뱅크슈퍼카지노
- 3 House Hunting in France
- 4 Itinerary Tweaking
- 5 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 6 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 7 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 8 Ireland in April
- 9 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 10 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 11 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 12 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 13 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 14 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 15 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 16 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 17 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 18 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 19 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 20 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 21 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 22 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 23 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 24 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 25 Itinerary Help