I have used these threads a lot when planning my trips however I am really stuck and need some suggestions.
My parents are coming over from NZ for a holiday and we plan to go holiday in Europe. They are 51 and 61 with good health so travel won't be a problem for them. They have never been before so I am so anxious to make the trip amazing for them.
We are flying to Amsterdam to start on 14 March 2012 on an early flight. They both want to see Paris so I was thinking of catching a train there and doing the sights there after. I have been to both of these places before so there won't be much orientation time required and I think we can comfortably do them and be ready to move on 18 March 2012. I would have to be back in London for work on 26 March, so that gives 8 days free including travel.
We aren't really into museums or art so we basically want to enjoy city's, see landmarks, cute quaint towns - that kind of thing. My Dad loves travelling by train as opposed to plane - but that doesn't mean we can't fly where we need to (save time, more economical etc). He is also interested in any war things - but again not imperitive.
I will consider anywhere in Europe (including Eastern Europe) after Paris and would love some suggestions. I am a bit concerned about the time of year and the weather so I want to keep this in mind. I feel like I have researched so much but can't come to a decision. I had thought of Annecy, Jungfrau, Cinque Terre, Venice, Milan etc etc but weather and transport connections keep stumping me.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 2 Iceland early december visit
- 3 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 4 Zurich to Milan trip
- 5 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 6 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 7 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 8 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 9 Italy Car Scam
- 10 Quizz !
- 11 Pay attention to your watches !
- 12 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 13 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 14 car insurance italy
- 15 Christmas Day in Granada
- 16 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
- 17 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 18 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 19 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 20 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 21 Venice/Mestre
- 22 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 23 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 25 9 Days in Spain