hoping to get some advice for a March 2012 Europe trip. My boyfriend and I went to go in mid March for 2 weeks.
We plan to fly into Amsterdam. They have the direct flights from Vancouver, so usually we can find a good deal. We've been to Amsterdam a lot and have friends there so it's nice to start our journey there.
We've been to:
Belgium (Brugge, Brussels, Antwerp)
Czech Republic (Prague, Pilsen, Kutna Hora)
Germany (Cologne, Berlin)
Netherlands (amsterdam, maastrict, utrecht, haarlem, rotterdam...)
Since it will be in mid March, can anyone recommend new places for us to go to?
We are in our early 30s and like:
Museums, Shopping, Dining, Walking...
I was thinking Italy but if we started in Amsterdam first, should we get a flight to Rome? Then from there I'm not sure where to go. I always imagine Italy being a country that you really should dedicate a good chunk of time to.
Also since it will be mid March the weather will be a bit cooler.
Paris is our favorite place to go there. But it would be nice to go somewhere we haven't been. Although I don't think I would get tired of going there.
Any advice appreciated!
March 2012 Europe Advice
- 1 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 2 To Paris and Provence in June
- 3 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 4 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 5 2 Week European Itinerary
- 6 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 7 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 8 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 9 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 10 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 11 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 12 Family European winter holiday
- 13 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 14 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 15 Car in Prague
- 16 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 17 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 18 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 19 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 20 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 21 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 22 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 23 Rome Accommodation
- 24 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 25 Where to stop on Italy's west coast