hoping to get some advice for a March 2012 Europe trip. My boyfriend and I went to go in mid March for 2 weeks.
We plan to fly into Amsterdam. They have the direct flights from Vancouver, so usually we can find a good deal. We've been to Amsterdam a lot and have friends there so it's nice to start our journey there.
We've been to:
Belgium (Brugge, Brussels, Antwerp)
Czech Republic (Prague, Pilsen, Kutna Hora)
Germany (Cologne, Berlin)
Netherlands (amsterdam, maastrict, utrecht, haarlem, rotterdam...)
Since it will be in mid March, can anyone recommend new places for us to go to?
We are in our early 30s and like:
Museums, Shopping, Dining, Walking...
I was thinking Italy but if we started in Amsterdam first, should we get a flight to Rome? Then from there I'm not sure where to go. I always imagine Italy being a country that you really should dedicate a good chunk of time to.
Also since it will be mid March the weather will be a bit cooler.
Paris is our favorite place to go there. But it would be nice to go somewhere we haven't been. Although I don't think I would get tired of going there.
Any advice appreciated!
March 2012 Europe Advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 2 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 3 Airport ATMs
- 4 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 5 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 6 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 7 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 8 American Express
- 9 Which european city?
- 10 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 11 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 12 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 13 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 14 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 15 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 16 All Set To Go!!
- 17 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 18 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 19 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 20 Three ferries to Mull
- 21 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 22 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 23 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 24 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 25 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012