hoping to get some advice for a March 2012 Europe trip. My boyfriend and I went to go in mid March for 2 weeks.
We plan to fly into Amsterdam. They have the direct flights from Vancouver, so usually we can find a good deal. We've been to Amsterdam a lot and have friends there so it's nice to start our journey there.
We've been to:
Belgium (Brugge, Brussels, Antwerp)
Czech Republic (Prague, Pilsen, Kutna Hora)
Germany (Cologne, Berlin)
Netherlands (amsterdam, maastrict, utrecht, haarlem, rotterdam...)
Since it will be in mid March, can anyone recommend new places for us to go to?
We are in our early 30s and like:
Museums, Shopping, Dining, Walking...
I was thinking Italy but if we started in Amsterdam first, should we get a flight to Rome? Then from there I'm not sure where to go. I always imagine Italy being a country that you really should dedicate a good chunk of time to.
Also since it will be mid March the weather will be a bit cooler.
Paris is our favorite place to go there. But it would be nice to go somewhere we haven't been. Although I don't think I would get tired of going there.
Any advice appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 2 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 3 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 4 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 5 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 6 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 7 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 8 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 9 Rome to venice
- 10 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 11 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 12 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 13 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 14 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 15 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 16 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 17 Areas in Milan
- 18 Melia Colbert Paris
- 19 Perugia
- 20 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 21 Help please
- 22 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 23 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 24 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 25 St Denis Cathedral