After poring over all the information available, I would like your help with this dilemma:-
My parents will come with my husband and I on a trip this September. Both are over sixty, with dad having recovered from a brain stroke, he is back to normal life but won't be able to manage too uneven a road and non-stop walking. Mom has weak knees so needs to rest between prolonged walks. None of them will like to walk up inclines.
But I still wanted to take them on a walking trail, if possible. I have seen and liked the Murren to Gimmelwald trail (might have missed details about difficulty) which lasts about an hour? I also like the Mannlichen-KS walking trail which is more popular (is the last part a steep climb on this one?).
Both walks are downhill and seem to have spots where my folks can rest while we carry sandwiches and water with us for refreshments...
I have only one day for this (will stay either in Wengen or Murren, most probably Wengen). So, can't do both.
Please let me know if I am off my rocker to even think of taking them on these trails? The scenic views of green meadows, villages with towering Swiss Alps behind them are so tempting.
Those who have done either or both, please let me know the ground realities. But kindly keep in mind I am talking about senior citizens who are not totally fit but don't lack in motivation.
My sincere gratitude
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 2 House Hunting in France
- 3 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 4 If you had to choose one......
- 5 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 6 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 7 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 8 Itinerary Tweaking
- 9 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 10 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 11 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 12 Ireland in April
- 13 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 14 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 15 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 16 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 17 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 18 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 19 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 20 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 21 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 22 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 23 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 24 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 25 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
Mannlichen-Kleine or Murren-Gimmelwald walk - Senior citizens