After poring over all the information available, I would like your help with this dilemma:-
My parents will come with my husband and I on a trip this September. Both are over sixty, with dad having recovered from a brain stroke, he is back to normal life but won't be able to manage too uneven a road and non-stop walking. Mom has weak knees so needs to rest between prolonged walks. None of them will like to walk up inclines.
But I still wanted to take them on a walking trail, if possible. I have seen and liked the Murren to Gimmelwald trail (might have missed details about difficulty) which lasts about an hour? I also like the Mannlichen-KS walking trail which is more popular (is the last part a steep climb on this one?).
Both walks are downhill and seem to have spots where my folks can rest while we carry sandwiches and water with us for refreshments...
I have only one day for this (will stay either in Wengen or Murren, most probably Wengen). So, can't do both.
Please let me know if I am off my rocker to even think of taking them on these trails? The scenic views of green meadows, villages with towering Swiss Alps behind them are so tempting.
Those who have done either or both, please let me know the ground realities. But kindly keep in mind I am talking about senior citizens who are not totally fit but don't lack in motivation.
My sincere gratitude
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Versailles
- 2 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 5 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 6 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 7 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 8 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 9 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 10 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 11 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 12 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 13 Germany train help!
- 14 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise
- 15 Most beautiful building facades and photo ops in Paris
- 16 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 17 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 18 Acorn TV
- 19 Train help for Prague
- 20 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 21 Sicily
- 22 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 23 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 24 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 25 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
Mannlichen-Kleine or Murren-Gimmelwald walk - Senior citizens