After poring over all the information available, I would like your help with this dilemma:-
My parents will come with my husband and I on a trip this September. Both are over sixty, with dad having recovered from a brain stroke, he is back to normal life but won't be able to manage too uneven a road and non-stop walking. Mom has weak knees so needs to rest between prolonged walks. None of them will like to walk up inclines.
But I still wanted to take them on a walking trail, if possible. I have seen and liked the Murren to Gimmelwald trail (might have missed details about difficulty) which lasts about an hour? I also like the Mannlichen-KS walking trail which is more popular (is the last part a steep climb on this one?).
Both walks are downhill and seem to have spots where my folks can rest while we carry sandwiches and water with us for refreshments...
I have only one day for this (will stay either in Wengen or Murren, most probably Wengen). So, can't do both.
Please let me know if I am off my rocker to even think of taking them on these trails? The scenic views of green meadows, villages with towering Swiss Alps behind them are so tempting.
Those who have done either or both, please let me know the ground realities. But kindly keep in mind I am talking about senior citizens who are not totally fit but don't lack in motivation.
My sincere gratitude
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 2 Itinery help Crete
- 3 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 4 S. Kensington London Restaurants
- 5 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 6 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 7 Threat Level in UK
- 8 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 9 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 10 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 11 Sun loungers and parasols
- 12 BA flights canceled until 18:00 local
- 13 3 nights in Madrid
- 14 Malaga Spain
- 15 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 16 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 17 Graz in January
- 18 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 19 TIM in FCO - update
- 20 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 21 London Hotel - Different Request
- 22 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 23 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 24 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 25 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
Mannlichen-Kleine or Murren-Gimmelwald walk - Senior citizens