I am traveling to Edinburgh in June. I am planning to take a direct flight from Chicago to Manchester and then a train to Edinburgh. But someone recently mentioned that flying into and out of London might be the best way to go as train service is better in London than in Manchester. Any thoughts from other seasoned travelers on this suggestion??
Manchester or London best airport for train connections?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Denmark cycle tour
- 2 Brussels, Copenhagan, Stockholm
- 3 Kadıköy to Kız Kulesi by bus
- 4 marbella spain
- 5 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 6 Need advice on 2 week Greece itinerary
- 7 scotland trave;
- 8 Barcelona restaurants
- 9 May 2015 switzerland weather
- 10 Travel from Amsterdam to Pisa
- 11 Trains
- 12 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 13 5 days in England (flying into Heathrow) before cruise- where to visit
- 14 malaga to madrid train ?
- 15 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 16 11:00 am flight from Rome & my husband
- 17 What American foods do Europeans love?
- 18 From Orly to hotel in 8th arrondisement
- 19 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 20 9 Nights: Venice, AC, and Rome first timer help!!!
- 21 Visit Algarve in mid-April 2015: Yes or No?
- 22 In Defense of the Notoriously Arrogant French Waiter
- 23 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 24 Italy for 5 nights!
- 25 Best Neighborhood To Stay In In Rome