I am traveling to Edinburgh in June. I am planning to take a direct flight from Chicago to Manchester and then a train to Edinburgh. But someone recently mentioned that flying into and out of London might be the best way to go as train service is better in London than in Manchester. Any thoughts from other seasoned travelers on this suggestion??
Manchester or London best airport for train connections?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendations for Trieste
- 2 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 3 What to wear
- 4 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 5 Feedback regarding Jay Way Travel
- 6 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 7 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 8 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 9 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 10 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 11 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 12 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 13 Rovinj, Croatia
- 14 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 15 Paris November 2014
- 16 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 17 Traveling in France by train
- 18 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 19 Unique Venice Activity
- 20 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 21 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 22 Mykonos Hotels and Ferry Service to Santorini--need suggestions!
- 23 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 24 Do unused RATP tickets expire?
- 25 Special restaurants - recommendations needed