Hi, I have a lovely opportunity to take a pick between the two properties for an overnight in Inishmore (Aran Is). While my dates are still open for both properties I have an opportunity to choose. I was offered a room in the annex not the main cottage (which is the only photos I can find online) at the Man of Aran cottage. I guess I would like to hear from someone who's been there lately that can comment on their experience. Does the annex have common shared spaces for the guests? if so, what is it like (fireplace, sofas, tvs, etc..?). Is the annex connected to the main cottage or a stand alone property? Do all the dinning happen in the main cottage? What do the rooms look like? The Kilmurvey house seems to have a different vibe to it. More of a traditional house set up, which is great by all means. But, I thought it would be cool to experience a more rustic experience per the Man of Aran cottage option.. however, I'm wondering now if the experience of cottage living that we're seeking for would be compromise since the annex room is what's being offered.
Man of Aran cottage annex vs Kilmurvey House
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains
- 2 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 3 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 4 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 5 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 6 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 7 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 8 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 9 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 10 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 11 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 12 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 13 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 14 9 days in turkey
- 15 Burg Eltz
- 16 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 17 Germany-berlin marathon
- 18 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 19 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 20 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 21 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 22 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 23 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 24 itinerary help
- 25 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014