Hi, I have a lovely opportunity to take a pick between the two properties for an overnight in Inishmore (Aran Is). While my dates are still open for both properties I have an opportunity to choose. I was offered a room in the annex not the main cottage (which is the only photos I can find online) at the Man of Aran cottage. I guess I would like to hear from someone who's been there lately that can comment on their experience. Does the annex have common shared spaces for the guests? if so, what is it like (fireplace, sofas, tvs, etc..?). Is the annex connected to the main cottage or a stand alone property? Do all the dinning happen in the main cottage? What do the rooms look like? The Kilmurvey house seems to have a different vibe to it. More of a traditional house set up, which is great by all means. But, I thought it would be cool to experience a more rustic experience per the Man of Aran cottage option.. however, I'm wondering now if the experience of cottage living that we're seeking for would be compromise since the annex room is what's being offered.
Man of Aran cottage annex vs Kilmurvey House
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budget for 3 Month's
- 2 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 3 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 4 Italian cooking classes
- 5 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 6 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 7 Breaking out of the Nutshell: Oslo, Bergen, the Sognefjord and Copenhagen
- 8 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 9 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 10 Fjords, How To?
- 11 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 12 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 13 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 14 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 15 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 16 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 17 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 18 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 19 London visit
- 20 Questions for my German friends
- 21 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 22 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 23 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 24 21 Days in Central Europe
- 25 Driving to Paris... Parking?