Hi, I have a lovely opportunity to take a pick between the two properties for an overnight in Inishmore (Aran Is). While my dates are still open for both properties I have an opportunity to choose. I was offered a room in the annex not the main cottage (which is the only photos I can find online) at the Man of Aran cottage. I guess I would like to hear from someone who's been there lately that can comment on their experience. Does the annex have common shared spaces for the guests? if so, what is it like (fireplace, sofas, tvs, etc..?). Is the annex connected to the main cottage or a stand alone property? Do all the dinning happen in the main cottage? What do the rooms look like? The Kilmurvey house seems to have a different vibe to it. More of a traditional house set up, which is great by all means. But, I thought it would be cool to experience a more rustic experience per the Man of Aran cottage option.. however, I'm wondering now if the experience of cottage living that we're seeking for would be compromise since the annex room is what's being offered.
Man of Aran cottage annex vs Kilmurvey House
View all Europe activity »
- 1 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 2 March 2013: Barcelona, Rome and Prague Trip Report
- 3 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 4 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 5 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 6 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 7 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 8 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 9 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 10 Naples on Christmas Eve--Beluga Bar or George's?
- 11 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 12 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 13 First time traveler to Ireland
- 14 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 15 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 16 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 17 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 18 Prague - must see
- 19 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 20 Spain - Andalucia
- 21 Car in Prague
- 22 Euro Train
- 23 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 24 Need info on smoking in Dijon area
- 25 Lucerne & Zurich