Hi, I have a lovely opportunity to take a pick between the two properties for an overnight in Inishmore (Aran Is). While my dates are still open for both properties I have an opportunity to choose. I was offered a room in the annex not the main cottage (which is the only photos I can find online) at the Man of Aran cottage. I guess I would like to hear from someone who's been there lately that can comment on their experience. Does the annex have common shared spaces for the guests? if so, what is it like (fireplace, sofas, tvs, etc..?). Is the annex connected to the main cottage or a stand alone property? Do all the dinning happen in the main cottage? What do the rooms look like? The Kilmurvey house seems to have a different vibe to it. More of a traditional house set up, which is great by all means. But, I thought it would be cool to experience a more rustic experience per the Man of Aran cottage option.. however, I'm wondering now if the experience of cottage living that we're seeking for would be compromise since the annex room is what's being offered.
Man of Aran cottage annex vs Kilmurvey House
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 2 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 3 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport
- 4 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 5 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 6 Gift for French business associate
- 7 White Christmas
- 8 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 9 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 10 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 11 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 12 Scotland Votes "No"
- 13 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 14 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 15 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 16 Bodrum to instanbul
- 17 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 18 Can you be fined on the spot for falling off a scooter in Croatia
- 19 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 20 Italy tours
- 21 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 22 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 23 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 24 Globus Tours
- 25 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?