Thought I'd consult all of you here about what pros & cons there would be in choosing 7-10 days or so in Malta/Gozo at this particular time of year. I do Not like hot weather, and when hiking around sites would much rather be slightly cool (and dry)--long sleeved T's and light jacket or vest. Already have a journey elsewhere planned for the Fall, so hope to go somewhere this Spring. My focus will be mostly on ancient archeological sites. Are these islands over-run with tourists during these months? Is everything open (restaurants, museums, markets, etc)? I've looked at climate charts, and the stats look about right, but would prefer to hear from personal experiences. Thanks in advance.
Malta/Gozo in late April or early May?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 2 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 3 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 4 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 5 Cinque Terre Trails Condition Report
- 6 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 7 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 8 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 9 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 10 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 11 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 12 To Paris and Provence in June
- 13 Planning a holiday
- 14 Town in southwest Ireland to serve as a home base
- 15 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 Dawdling Through the Dordogne
- 18 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 19 Christmas Markets / Christmas experience.
- 20 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 21 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 22 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 23 London for Christmas
- 24 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 25 Ira Has Been Kidnapped