Thought I'd consult all of you here about what pros & cons there would be in choosing 7-10 days or so in Malta/Gozo at this particular time of year. I do Not like hot weather, and when hiking around sites would much rather be slightly cool (and dry)--long sleeved T's and light jacket or vest. Already have a journey elsewhere planned for the Fall, so hope to go somewhere this Spring. My focus will be mostly on ancient archeological sites. Are these islands over-run with tourists during these months? Is everything open (restaurants, museums, markets, etc)? I've looked at climate charts, and the stats look about right, but would prefer to hear from personal experiences. Thanks in advance.
Malta/Gozo in late April or early May?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 2 best time to book accommodation
- 3 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 4 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 5 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 6 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 7 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 8 Crete/Santorini OR Positano/Capri - where to visit?
- 9 London visit
- 10 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 11 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 12 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 13 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 14 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 15 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 16 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 17 No points in Paris .....
- 18 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 19 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 20 Pompeii train to Naples
- 21 Small group for Colosseum
- 22 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 23 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 24 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 25 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?