Thought I'd consult all of you here about what pros & cons there would be in choosing 7-10 days or so in Malta/Gozo at this particular time of year. I do Not like hot weather, and when hiking around sites would much rather be slightly cool (and dry)--long sleeved T's and light jacket or vest. Already have a journey elsewhere planned for the Fall, so hope to go somewhere this Spring. My focus will be mostly on ancient archeological sites. Are these islands over-run with tourists during these months? Is everything open (restaurants, museums, markets, etc)? I've looked at climate charts, and the stats look about right, but would prefer to hear from personal experiences. Thanks in advance.
Malta/Gozo in late April or early May?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 2 Southern Spain
- 3 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 4 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 5 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 6 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 7 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 8 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 9 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 10 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 11 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 12 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 13 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 14 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 15 All Set To Go!!
- 16 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 17 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 18 Which european city?
- 19 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 20 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 21 Scotland November 2015
- 22 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 23 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 24 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 25 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)